Citrix Reviews in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Citrix Chief Executive Officer David Henshall
David Henshall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance in support organization is not great as there is a usually too many things to get done (in 62 reviews)

• Turmoil in upper management over the years since Mark Templeton stepped down is concerning regarding long-term viability (in 60 reviews)

1. "Great company when I worked for them..."

Former Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Citrix (More than 5 years)

Pros

Citrix was a great company when I first started working for them. Even though they had just crossed a billion $ in revenue, is still felt like startup with a roll-up-your-sleeves, get stuff done-kind of attitude. Over the years, it started to feel like a the bigger company that it had become but it was still a good company with great people. Mark Templeton was a very down-to-earth kind of leader that you couldn't help but like and get behind.

Cons

Somewhere along the way, Citrix lost it's way a little. If began to hire people from much larger companies who brought others with them from those big companies and completely changed the culture. Lots of good folks left. Don't know what it's like to work there now but I certainly enjoyed my time there, especially in the early years.

"Solutions Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. My manager was great, which makes all the difference in the world when it comes to a sales role. Overall, a very positive experience.

Cons

Upper Managment is a complete disaster. There is no named new CEO and the investors seem to be running the show. It is only a matter of time before VM Ware eats their lunch.

Advice to Management

Spend more time and effort on product training. There is no training or support on the products you sell once you are hired. Empower your people and it will pay off down the road.

Showing 2 of 2,258 reviews