Citrix Reviews in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated December 1, 2016

Austin, TX

Citrix CEO and President Kirill Tatarinov
Kirill Tatarinov

Pros
  • Really embraces work-life balance and flex working (in 349 reviews)

• Company is happy to provide training's, work from home (in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • Preach that they have a great work life balance but if you need time off it's always a battle (in 57 reviews)

• The upper and middle management had several major instances of reorganization (in 56 reviews)

1. "Great company when I worked for them..."

Former Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Citrix (More than 5 years)

Pros

Citrix was a great company when I first started working for them. Even though they had just crossed a billion $ in revenue, is still felt like startup with a roll-up-your-sleeves, get stuff done-kind of attitude. Over the years, it started to feel like a the bigger company that it had become but it was still a good company with great people. Mark Templeton was a very down-to-earth kind of leader that you couldn't help but like and get behind.

Cons

Somewhere along the way, Citrix lost it's way a little. If began to hire people from much larger companies who brought others with them from those big companies and completely changed the culture. Lots of good folks left. Don't know what it's like to work there now but I certainly enjoyed my time there, especially in the early years.

"Solutions Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. My manager was great, which makes all the difference in the world when it comes to a sales role. Overall, a very positive experience.

Cons

Upper Managment is a complete disaster. There is no named new CEO and the investors seem to be running the show. It is only a matter of time before VM Ware eats their lunch.

Advice to Management

Spend more time and effort on product training. There is no training or support on the products you sell once you are hired. Empower your people and it will pay off down the road.

Showing 2 of 1,990 reviews