Citrix Reviews in Raleigh, NC | Glassdoor

Citrix Chief Executive Officer David Henshall
David Henshall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance in support organization is not great as there is a usually too many things to get done (in 62 reviews)

• Petty middle management sets the tone within certain teams (in 57 reviews)

1. "Exceptional Career Starter Opportunity...."

Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great bluechip name, incredibly nice office in the heart of downtown, exceptional benefits, and 401K package. If your getting introduced into the world of sales and want a tall challenge, you will find it here and find it rewarding.

Cons

Decline in cultural values and job happiness since the movement of upper management occurred

2. "Not what it used to be..."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some people can still make decent money here but for the most part what you are told you'll make is extremely inflated. As an AE you are now expected to prospect, close business, onboard your new customers and support them. Leadership just let go off all in house onboarding teams. We are responsible for your cancellations through 6 months so without a good support team or onboarding team we are eating most of the sales we get because the customer isn't getting the experience necessary unless they want to pay $99/hour for help.

Cons

The vibe in the office is dismal. Leadership makes promises and doesn't follow through. They don't mind letting people stay while they figure it out and not get paid. Citrix as an organization seems to be imploding.

Advice to Management

Deliver on your promises. Promote leaders that have been there and done something to be able to teach others. I see a lot of management team at ShareFile that has never been in their reps shoes. Management also can be extremely unprofessional at times.

"Time to pull the plug!"

Former Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

First off want to say, this company used to be a company EVERYONE wanted to work for. I used to have people ask me do I like my job and my reaction used to be, “I LOVE MY JOB!” But now, I hesitate on how I answer the question to find my true emotion and what I want to say.

Co-workers are great (majority, but not all)
    Culture for the most part...that has changed over the years for the worst
    On-Site Cafe, Gym, Yoga Studio, Pool tables, Ping Pong tables, Snacks, Drinks and Standing Desks

Cons

Dying Company looking to Sale to the highest bidder
    Terrible Management, always hires within which is good, but they hire the wrong candidates. Meaning, management was terrible at sales before they were a manager, terrible public speaking presence, doesn’t know the product(s) to help employees during the sale cycle and has to ask Senior employees for help. Just boggles my mind!
    Terrible terrible pay
    Terrible commission since the change in 2016...moral dropped dramatically and no one cared about there job afterwards. Months/Quarters quotas were missed EVERY month after that and TONS of management quit month later cause the writing was on the wall.
    Work you to the bone. Other local tech companies said, “Oh, you work at the sweatshop!?”
    Layoffs with more to come
    Culture has fallen off dramatically: No money to spend of events or employees, Culture committee talks boosting moral without spending any money, used to have Happy hours, but no more, used to get dinners, but no more, etc. etc.

The list just goes on and on why this company is NOT they company you want to work for anymore!

Advice to Management

Sell quick, cause all I heard is negative comments about Citrix.

4. "Overall, A Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work environment is inclusive, respectful, and supportive. Provides opportunities for employees to succeed and grow. Benefits and compensation are good. There are also lots of perks and amenities that make working there nice and even fun. Citrix makes efforts to foster a good relationship with the community and city it operates within. I had the pleasure of working with some of the brightest and most genuine people at Citrix, managers included.

Cons

As for most competitive companies that take the tech industry seriously, things move fast and you have to be able to keep up and adapt to changes as they come. For example, during my four years with Citrix, we had three different CEOs. As it grows, Citrix gets more traditionally "corporate" all the time, that may be a con for some people but not others.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the company values if you want to retain talent. Create more career opportunities.

5. "Stick if you are good in being a yes man."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time

Pros

Citrix provides good health care benefits with decent dental and vision coverage. The 401k match is also good.

Cons

The Management is in a mess, they only want to hear from people who are good in licking . If you have strong opinion of something and disagree then be prepared to get a punishment of some kind either in appraisals or of some kind. Shouting at people in team meetings is quite common and the feeling is worst. Citirx is trying to do some steps correct by involving employee feedback , but that too if something is not written in accordance is severely reprimanded. Icing on the cake is the layoffs that keep the sycophants more closer.

Advice to Management

Communication is the key. If you only want to listen from your clout then it's not going to help. Try to have a honest feedback, not just from people who are selling the fake good story.

"Golden Age is Over"

Former Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard you will do well. They have excellent training.

Cons

No clear communication and favorites are played.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with your intentions and don't sue former employees.

"Not the same as it used to be at Citrix"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The peers you work with are super smart. Work from home option is great! Selling through the channel is fun and Citrix knows how to maximize this.

Cons

Since Mark Templeton retired, this is a completely different Citrix. No energy or excitement around cutting edge Soltions. Citrix is just another vendor in the block. Lack of direction from the top down causes uneasy feelings between the teams. Not sure if you will be laid off every quarter.

Advice to Management

So many changes all the time shows lack of direction.,
     Layoff’s every quarter leave many wondering each month if they will have jobs. It’s a very uneasy feeling to work in such a unknown environment. Mid management has no problem cutting staff since it typically means they get promoted and other’s lose jobs. If you like this environment, Citrix is the place for you!

"Once amazing..."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance. Great culture. Work from home.

Cons

Many layoffs, mgmt keeps changing direction and letting good people go. Who knows if this company will be around in 5 years.

9. "Sales Intern"

Former Intern - Corporate Sales Intern in Raleigh, NC
    Former Intern - Corporate Sales Intern in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Modern, young culture
    Awesome coworkers
    Great coffee/expresso machines

Cons

Company as a whole doesn't seem to care too much about its employees
    High Turnover
    Never received my last bonus

10. "Great place to work overall"

Current Contractor - Customer Care Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Contractor - Customer Care Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, hours, work life balance and management

Cons

Shortage of parking, desk space and lack of transparency on how economic conditions can change advancement.

Showing 133 of 2,192 reviews