Citrix Reviews | Glassdoor

David Henshall

2,247 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "However, there is good work/life balance for those with the skills to telecommute and manage time" (in 64 reviews)

• "Turmoil in upper management over the years since Mark Templeton stepped down is concerning regarding long-term viability" (in 60 reviews)

"If you are willing to work and network, this is a great company."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HUGE opportunity for career advancements if you are extroverted and hard working. Promotions at Citrix are earned by solving problems outside if your JD. Building relationships with people outside of your team are essential for gaining the recognition you need for advancement and management roles.

Cons

Not a good environment for people wanting positive recognition for task work. Treating Citrix as a 9/5 job, will not lead to much growth. However, there is good work/life balance for those with the skills to telecommute and manage time.

Advice to Management

If you have high performing introverted/quiet employees, make sure they are happy before they leave. I've seen lots of talent walk from this company because they feel left behind or uninvited.

Citrix Response

Mar 16, 2018 – Attraction & Experience Team Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

2. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

Management is top of mind. Great leadership and inspiration. Huge changes from the past revolving door at the top.

Cons

South Florida is a little laid back. Need more sense of urgency and healthy paranoia. Team is a little to entitled.

Advice to Management

Turn up the volume. Stock is doing great, but need to compete to survive.

3. "Strong and steady - Lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - CAM in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - CAM in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Citrix has always been known as a leader and pioneer in virtualization. This company is nearly 30 years old and still innovating in big ways. I joined the sales team as a seasoned sales person. When I first joined, I was really impressed with all the sales and sales process training that was lined up for me. There was a very clear 30-60-90 day plan laid out in order for me to be successful. My first month selling I blew out my numbers! I felt so supported. I was so impressed with the level of transparency and support that everyone was willing to participate in. It was incredible. I remember seeing someone on my team upset about someone from another team calling into his territory. I assumed that due to the size of the business, that this would be something that wouldn't be addressed. I was shocked to see a junior level telesales person right the ship in a matter of hours. He went and spoke with the leadership on the team that called into his lead. He explained the problem to them and the very next morning, the management taught the entire team on how to identify if they are calling into the wrong line size. Within a few minutes of that team meeting, new leads came pouring into my teams territory. I was in awe. That just doesn't happen everywhere. I am use to people shrugging their shoulders and saying, "eh, what can you do?" But not here! Here, we address things fast and no feelings get hurt. Here, people are brave and speak up and no one gets retaliated against. The culture here is strong, inclusive and TOTALLY FUN! I love it.

Cons

I have read many reviews where people were negative about Citrix. I can honestly say that it is likely that those folks were part of the problem. Many people come in here with little to no real world sales experience and either sink or swim. Citrix is now in the mind set of hiring more seasoned sales people. The seasoned people know how to swim and not got sucked into the fears of starting out in sales. The lay-offs last year left many people feeling like it was personal. The business is changing and the projects are getting more technical. Hiring more seasoned people and shedding people who aren't producing is in the best interest of the shareholders. If you are good at what you do, you will love this environment.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring great seasoned sales talent! This is an incredible company with an equally incredible future.

4. "Salesforce Architect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation, Benefits, Flexibility, People, Values, LGBT friendly, Wok environment

Cons

Work life balance
    Career growth
    Talent Recognition

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

All the usual perks of big companies

Cons

No cons to account for. It is a great company.

6. "Administrative"

I worked at Citrix full-time

Pros

The people and energy level is great.

Cons

Management not very professional to each other.

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

Great place to work, the people are great, good mentors, good benefits

Cons

Many changes, corporate strategy constantly changing

"Sr. Sales Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay was OK, commissions paid regularly

Cons

Too many young people, make them work for peanuts, women treated like objects especially at Corporate HQ, advancement not always possible especially if you are the last one in that role, you are stuck. Micro manage sales engineers to an absurd point

Advice to Management

treat women with respect, let people grow their career and advance into other roles, stop micro managing, what do you how people get to their number so long as they meet or exceed it.

9. "Awesome company and culture."

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredibly talented and cooperative people.

Cons

You will work a LOT

Advice to Management

I know IT fluctuates, but you guys fluctuate too much.

10. "It manager"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary, environment, innovation, junior kanagemeny

Cons

Micro management, budget restrictions, trvel

Advice to Management

Allow managers to lead their team

Showing 2,247 of 2,375 reviews