Citrix Reviews | Glassdoor

David Henshall

2,079 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance in support organization is not great as there is a usually too many things to get done (in 62 reviews)

• Petty middle management sets the tone within certain teams (in 57 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in bad companies in the past and I can attest that Citrix is easily one of the best company in the world. Pays very well, Company goes to extra mile to ensure you are accommodated and taken care off. Of course a lot depends on your manager and all of my managers have been nothing but exemplary. Another aspect of the company that impressed me the most is the investment in your growth. If you have the drive, Citrix will help you excel. On top of that they are not cheap, great phone benefits, travel benefits and school tuition assistance to name a few.

Cons

So far I did not find anything bad about this company. If I am stretched I would say may be lack of assigned space to employees in fort lauderdale 4th floor, but thats just me. A lot of employees like the open office space.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what ever you are doing. Great products, great management style and keep excelling.

2. "Citrix Life"

Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a good company to work with.

Cons

Needs a stable upper management.

Advice to Management

None.

3. "Exceptional Career Starter Opportunity...."

Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great bluechip name, incredibly nice office in the heart of downtown, exceptional benefits, and 401K package. If your getting introduced into the world of sales and want a tall challenge, you will find it here and find it rewarding.

Cons

Decline in cultural values and job happiness since the movement of upper management occurred

4. "Not bad"

Pros

Good if you're on the right team.

Cons

Not so good if you're out of the club.

"Used to be a good company..."

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

Great culture, benefits, majority of the people are amazing individuals.

Cons

So many cons at this point, company needs to regain focus. Also, needs money.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to everyone - preach transparency but never execute?

6. "IT MANAGER"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager

I have been working at Citrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment. We have a atmosphere of collaboration with each other

Cons

They need to invest more in training

"Time to pull the plug!"

Former Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

First off want to say, this company used to be a company EVERYONE wanted to work for. I used to have people ask me do I like my job and my reaction used to be, “I LOVE MY JOB!” But now, I hesitate on how I answer the question to find my true emotion and what I want to say.

Co-workers are great (majority, but not all)
    Culture for the most part...that has changed over the years for the worst
    On-Site Cafe, Gym, Yoga Studio, Pool tables, Ping Pong tables, Snacks, Drinks and Standing Desks

Cons

Dying Company looking to Sale to the highest bidder
    Terrible Management, always hires within which is good, but they hire the wrong candidates. Meaning, management was terrible at sales before they were a manager, terrible public speaking presence, doesn’t know the product(s) to help employees during the sale cycle and has to ask Senior employees for help. Just boggles my mind!
    Terrible terrible pay
    Terrible commission since the change in 2016...moral dropped dramatically and no one cared about there job afterwards. Months/Quarters quotas were missed EVERY month after that and TONS of management quit month later cause the writing was on the wall.
    Work you to the bone. Other local tech companies said, “Oh, you work at the sweatshop!?”
    Layoffs with more to come
    Culture has fallen off dramatically: No money to spend of events or employees, Culture committee talks boosting moral without spending any money, used to have Happy hours, but no more, used to get dinners, but no more, etc. etc.

The list just goes on and on why this company is NOT they company you want to work for anymore!

Advice to Management

Sell quick, cause all I heard is negative comments about Citrix.

8. "Good company, undergoing changes"

Current Employee - Principal Product Marketing Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Principal Product Marketing Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting work and challenges, wonderful colleagues and immediate management. Healthy culture with “work from anywhere” options that are actually supported.

Cons

Recent shifts in senior leadership make for an uneasy feeling throughout the organization. Overall seem to be good decisions in restructuring.

9. "Not what it used to be..."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some people can still make decent money here but for the most part what you are told you'll make is extremely inflated. As an AE you are now expected to prospect, close business, onboard your new customers and support them. Leadership just let go off all in house onboarding teams. We are responsible for your cancellations through 6 months so without a good support team or onboarding team we are eating most of the sales we get because the customer isn't getting the experience necessary unless they want to pay $99/hour for help.

Cons

The vibe in the office is dismal. Leadership makes promises and doesn't follow through. They don't mind letting people stay while they figure it out and not get paid. Citrix as an organization seems to be imploding.

Advice to Management

Deliver on your promises. Promote leaders that have been there and done something to be able to teach others. I see a lot of management team at ShareFile that has never been in their reps shoes. Management also can be extremely unprofessional at times.

10. "Senior Escalation Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Eacalation Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Eacalation Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance. Great people.

Cons

Training on some current products is lacking. Constant changing

Advice to Management

Over the last few years there has been lots of changes. Not sure of current direction. Need to get back to original culture that made Citrix great!

Showing 2,079 of 2,192 reviews