Citrix Reviews | Glassdoor

David Henshall
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance in support organization is not great as there is a usually too many things to get done (in 58 reviews)

• The upper and middle management had several major instances of reorganization (in 57 reviews)

"Such a disappointment"

Former Employee - Support and Engineering
    Former Employee - Support and Engineering

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I looooved this company when I started. The culture was supportive of each other and encouraged individual growth. It really was a leading tech company that invested in its employees.

Cons

fast forward about five years and the investors have run this company to hell. Citrix cares about your health, but they are going to induce stress every day with layoffs, job insecurity, and working you until your fingers fall off. Come to work every day worrying about your job, have your manager tell you how insignificant you are, and also work towards a cloud model where we will never need you. Great, right? Oh, and when the competitors keep stealing your business, it's your fault we're making crappy product, but please keep a positive attitude.

Advice to Management

All the MBA guys that think you can run a culture...just leave, please. Citrix was founded on a whole different concept other than make numbers. Numbers don't always tell the whole story. Stop being the anchor of success and leave. Go somewhere else. You're making everyone miserable and you will kill the company.

"Status quo prevails"

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

Good life/ work balance. Decent benefits and the people want to help if you ask them.

Cons

Not really committed to cloud/ feel we have time to get there at our own pace. Conflict between direct sales and channel means we don't optimize either. Ft. Lauderdale HQ means people stay with company too long and it is tough to challenge status quo.

Advice to Management

Revamp exec management in sales and bring in outsiders.

3. "Treats Contracts terribly"

Former Contractor - Analyst
    Former Contractor - Analyst

I worked at Citrix as a contractor

Pros

Decent salary
    Cool workplace
    Independent roaming

Cons

Politics
    Gossip
    Treats contracts very poorly and expendable
    Unprofessional leaders

Advice to Management

Walk the Talk
    Be what you advertise
    Treat all who work there fairly

"Abandon Ship"

I worked at Citrix full-time

Pros

The people are awesome and you generally are not micromanaged

Cons

The ShareFile team has had almost everyone leave the company from the head of engineering, sales, development, etc. Everyone is leaving the company and they aren't being replaced with quality resources.

Advice to Management

The company is about to be sold to Microsoft so you should probably start looking outside of the company.

"Management needs to be required to pass tests and attend trainings. It all trickles from the top down..."

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do an excellent job with hiring people with good personalities. You enjoy your job here generally because you enjoy the people around you.

Cons

Inconsistent management styles. Different expectations depending on who you ask. There are SOME very well-rounded & qualified managers there. Others were fast tracked into management and do not have a full grasp on the sales process or the software we sell.

Advice to Management

Require advanced product tests as well as CRM tests for our managers before you allow them to be responsible for people who are expected to sell your products.

"Depends where you are"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free snacks/drinks, discounted cafeteria. Citrix product training and other coursework available internally.

Pay appears statistically calculated. Find the right calculator, and Citrix offers/moves salaries near its 50% mark.

Cons

Used to mandate employees take at least a week of training. Now career growth expected to be completed on your own time.

Colleagues who changed positions internally felt like management saw this as a failure rather than something to be celebrated.

Expect to spend long hours working with development teams abroad.

May be extremely proactive enforcing NDAs to the point someone's new employer panicked, even though there was no known conflict of interest.

Advice to Management

Encourage internal skills development and transfers. Employees should not have to leave their departments to avoid being stagnant and grow in their careers.

"Run, Don't Walk Away"

Former Employee - Associate Corporate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Associate Corporate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Was the commission structure, which has changed since I've left
    - Culture of those around you, people you work with (not management)
    - Free snacks/food (there's a reason everyone gains weight while there)
    - Excellent exposure to big business and how little the "little guy" matters to bottom line
    - Some managers are fantastic and would literally give you the shirt off their back

Cons

- unreasonable hours, everyone knows sales is long hours - while I was there you were singled out for not getting there before 8:00 and leaving before 6:30-7:00
    - Management, some are very inexperience and only care about their bonuses for their group hitting numbers
    - Instructed to do 0 research on the company before dialing
    - High dial count (expected 150 calls a day)
    - Not every vertical is the same, but is treated that way
    - Sorry investment into marketing it seemed liked
    - Extremely high turnover, there's a reason they're always hiring #churnandburn
    - Favoritism, was passed over several times to move up because of not hitting numbers (but hitting quota)
    - Say goodbye to personal life as you put in 12+ hours a day due to management pressure and quotas
    - Leads are years (4,5,6,7 years old) and you're stared at whenever you ask if they are going to be updated. Leads are also on multiple lists and listed under different names. Some leads get calls from Citrix 4+ times a week.

Advice to Management

Change the model, stop working people to death, hire better managers (a good sales rep doesn't make a good manager), love to boast about how Sharefile group helps Citrix as a whole hit it's numbers but seems to invest very, very little into it

"Citrix is on the decline"

Former Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros are the same as anywhere. You get standard pay and benefits.

Cons

They don't respect their employees. They protect management. Their culture is imposed not organic. Budgets are cut and vacancies are not filled. Policies are not consistent from one manager to another. Suggestions for improvement are not welcome. Practices are outmoded. Subject matter experts are not valued.

Advice to Management

Stop dictating to employees. Show some respect. Learn how to lead. Develop a growth strategy. Get with the times. Trust people to know their jobs. Stop with the social engineering. Stop with the fake culture.

"Sinking ship"

I worked at Citrix full-time

Pros

It was a great place to work when I first started. They valued your opinion and there was a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

The company was constantly being restructured after new leadership. They eventually sold the company to our competitor.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. They may have been able to help stop the iceberg.

"Ok"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Boose at the job
    Bike rack

Cons

Rapid turn over rates

Advice to Management

Better training

Showing 221 of 2,084 reviews