Citrix Reviews | Glassdoor

David Henshall

1,982 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance in support organization is not great as there is a usually too many things to get done (in 59 reviews)

• The upper and middle management had several major instances of reorganization (in 57 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in bad companies in the past and I can attest that Citrix is easily one of the best company in the world. Pays very well, Company goes to extra mile to ensure you are accommodated and taken care off. Of course a lot depends on your manager and all of my managers have been nothing but exemplary. Another aspect of the company that impressed me the most is the investment in your growth. If you have the drive, Citrix will help you excel. On top of that they are not cheap, great phone benefits, travel benefits and school tuition assistance to name a few.

Cons

So far I did not find anything bad about this company. If I am stretched I would say may be lack of assigned space to employees in fort lauderdale 4th floor, but thats just me. A lot of employees like the open office space.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what ever you are doing. Great products, great management style and keep excelling.

"Best place to work in South Florida!"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Great people, great location, great work environement, um - can you say teleworking?!??? :) Oh, and they don't block Facebook!

Cons

None - it's awesome! Honestly - nothing bad. Politics are very manageable, everyone gets along, benefits are fantastic.

Advice to Management

Great Job!

3. "AWESOME PLACE TO WORK!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Receptionist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Receptionist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Being at Citrix is like a gift...it is a family atmosphere and no matter how big Citrix' gets we still remain close! From the very top CEO/President to the people who cean the floors, everyone is treated as equals and no one is ever left out! I atribute this to the wonderful leadership of our CEO/President! Citrix is the place to work...they care about their employee and go the extra distance to make them feel a part of this growing family!! Everyone wants to be here and no one ever wants to seek employment anywhere else. Citrix Rock!!!

Cons

None...absolutely nothing wrong with Citrix!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT work!!!

4. "Citrix is awesome!!!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

best combination of vision, passion and fun I've ever had at a job

Cons

Things move very fast at Citrix. Not a place for people who want to relax and work at a slow predictable pace.

Advice to Management

Great job, but make sure you keep communicating to everyone. Things move so quickly it's hard to keep pace. But I guess that's what makes it such an exciting environment.

"Great company to work for if you can find your niche."

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Flexible work schedule, ability to transfer within the company, good compensation and benefits, great bonus program for senior contributors.

Cons

Limited number of products to work on in the Fort Lauderdale area. Some product teams are large and bureaucratic. Lack of product training/mentoring for new employees. Some management treat engineers as replacable cogs rather than leverage their specific skills.

Advice to Management

Sr. Management is truly stellar at Citrix. However, I wish that the skills of the senior management would trickle down to the people managers.

"Citrix Online engineering is agile and fun"

Current Employee - Director, Engineering in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Engineering in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

The division I work for, Citrix Online, is interested in doing the right things related to engineering management practice: All Scrum, all the time. Everyone from the VP Engineering on down is working hard to create high quality software with great features, and report progress honestly to upper management. I love that this is pervasive: everyone is interested in building agility into everything from customer development (aka market analysis) to engineering to QA to deployment and operations. There appears to be an honesty about this: we aren't always doing it right, but no one seems afraid to say what didn't work and how to make it better.

Cons

There are a lot of meetings.

Advice to Management

Communicate feedback to individuals better: what are they doing right and wrong? Provide guidance about career opportunities within Citrix: how can each individual gain greater responsibility and make better contributions?

7. "Good markets and strong culture"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Interesting space with good culture

Cons

getting big and going through growing pains

Advice to Management

don't get too distributed and run by marketing

8. "Citrix is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Content Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Content Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

great benefits, friendly environment, good pay and an arcade!

Cons

Long hours during project closedowns... but that is the norm anywhere

Advice to Management

provide some more insight to those working on projects

9. "Citrix is great place to be with a work hard, play hard culture in a very exiting, dynamic industry."

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Great culture, great people, fun, dynamic place to be. This industry is very faced paced, and Citrix is poised to really make some game changing advances in the way the applications and desktops are delivered both for traditional client-server and web-based apps.

Cons

There are few downsides, this is a very fast paced, always changing environmnet. If that doesn't appeal to you, Citrix is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Without the long-term vision of MarkT and his direct reports we would never be where we are today, Citrix would instead continue to be a one trick pony.

10. "Fantastic Work Environment, Great People and Excellent Long-term Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

The corporate environment is very positive and people genuinely like eachother and support the corporate goals. It is a fun environment with plenty of opportunity for learning and growth. Training classes are encouraged and plenty are offered.

Management encourages new ideas and fosters creativity. There is support for risk taking with investments and strategies. I like the ability to create and present business cases for funding to initiate the strategies.

Management is very good at providing accolades when they are deserved.

Cons

Citrix does not encourage people to work from home which is strange since we sell the tools to enable home offices.

Advice to Management

Identify a replacement for John Burris quickly as it will provide confidence to the market that Citrix has succession planning.

Showing 1,982 of 2,091 reviews