Citrix Reviews | Glassdoor

David Henshall

1,982 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance in support organization is not great as there is a usually too many things to get done (in 59 reviews)

• The upper and middle management had several major instances of reorganization (in 57 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in bad companies in the past and I can attest that Citrix is easily one of the best company in the world. Pays very well, Company goes to extra mile to ensure you are accommodated and taken care off. Of course a lot depends on your manager and all of my managers have been nothing but exemplary. Another aspect of the company that impressed me the most is the investment in your growth. If you have the drive, Citrix will help you excel. On top of that they are not cheap, great phone benefits, travel benefits and school tuition assistance to name a few.

Cons

So far I did not find anything bad about this company. If I am stretched I would say may be lack of assigned space to employees in fort lauderdale 4th floor, but thats just me. A lot of employees like the open office space.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what ever you are doing. Great products, great management style and keep excelling.

2. "Great company! Not the best work life balance"

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

Flexible/remote work. Not a very political organization. Best ideas typically win, entrepreneurship is encouraged. Really great colleagues - smart, hard working, motivated. Fantastic growth opportunities. Decently competitive pay.

Cons

Flexible work style can promote a 'work always' culture - late night emails, weekend work, etc. Poor diversity, pretty heavily male. Upper management can be egotistical and a 'boys club'. Not the most compelling company mission, just another enterprise software company.

Advice to Management

Improve diversity, coach upper management on empathy, reverse the 'always-on' work culture.

3. "Very flexible and innovative worklife"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer-1 in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer-1 in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours.
    Innovation is encouraged.
    Patents are encouraged.
    Friendly managers and colleagues.

Cons

Overall company strategy changes frequently.

4. "Terrible Place to Work"

Former Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, cafeteria is excellent and inexpensive

Cons

Many people list the pro's of snacks, gym, pool tables...., they stress work/life balance as the reason for these "amenities" when it's actually because they don't want you to go home. This is honestly the worst job I have ever had, and I have worked in several industries. Maybe in the higher levels of the company it gets better, but as a ShareFile sales rep it's as bad as it gets. They don't tell you when they offer you that paltry base that they expect you to work 50-60 hours minimum and harass you if you don't. They also misrepresent the way you move up in the sales program and change it periodically to suit their needs. They don't want innovative thinkers or ideas on how to market more efficiently, they just want you to make calls non-stop for 10+ hours a day. Most of the lower level management is very young, inexperienced, and often completely inappropriate. They give you PTO and punish you for using it. They have ridiculous metrics and leads that have been abused for far too long. After they play their math games with the commissions you end up well below the industry average base, even when you hit quota. Unless you are ok with being used and abused for minimum wage I advise looking elsewhere, there is no good career path that begins in their sales program.

Advice to Management

Be honest about the benefits, hours, and career path when you offer the job and stick to it. Consider paying a higher base that is more in line with similar jobs in the industry. Provide fresh leads and stop harassing people who told you they weren't interested just last week, I understand that peoples needs change but not typically in one week. Consider making an appearance at industry conferences and speaking as an expert. This will produce more than used car salesman style cold calling. With the current threat landscape and the caliber of your product you could easily increase market share if you only take some time to restructure your sales team by adding professional management and showing your sales reps you value them.

5. "Great potential, growing pains"

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

Great people, flexible work location

Cons

Slow to make decisions, unstable management

Advice to Management

Align benefits with the competition

6. "Bu·reauc·ra·cy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Payed time off is good if you've been there more than 5 yrs, great if you've been there more than 10
    Many positions have flexibility in schedule/location (work from home)
    Competitive salary

Cons

Too much red tape / bureaucracy in everyday tasks
    Not enough strong leadership
    Lots of dead wood

Advice to Management

You need strong leaders, not committees. Too many people gather together and talk about problems without doing anything about them. Check what value people are adding to solutions and weed out the ones that are just complaining and spreading negativity without action. To do that you'll need leaders that aren't adding to the BS, but cutting through it. Good Luck!

7. "Citrix"

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

Cool place to work for work life balance

Cons

facilities dept. needs to improve

8. "You know what you're signing up for"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quite a few pros
    - You get in what you get out. If you excel and hit your number consistently your on target earnings can make it to 6 figures in a year to year and a half
    - The best people and managers I've ever worked for, as well as a great environment
    - You know what you're signing up for when you get into it, the cons were made pretty apparent in the interview

Cons

Most of the cons are aimed at how much is invested in employees
    -this job is a gladiator pit, they will throw 20 people into this job and maybe 4 will succeed and move up
    - with so much turnover and general movement it leads to pretty low morale on the sales floor
    -monthly quotas. If you move to a new role, such as from pure lead gen to closing, a poor start to an INCREDIBLY different role will have you in limbo for your job from then on out

Advice to Management

Invest in your staff, rather than continually cycling in new talent hoping for that mythical salesperson that will hit the ground running and need no guidance. this place has so much potential with the culture and people inside, the only thing holding this back is the massive turnover. In my experience, morale has shot down over the past 6 months- which has lead to decrease in our overall performance.

9. "Excellent équilibre"

Former Employee - Channel Manager in Paris (France)
    Former Employee - Channel Manager in Paris (France)

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mobilité, rémunération, eco systeme, notoriété

Cons

r&d, renouveler le positionnement

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome amenities and benefits, pay WAS good

Cons

Once Citrix merger with ShareFile was complete the culture was destroyed and most employees were miserable. A lot of shady things started going on and some upper management even got fired

Advice to Management

Take your job more seriously, glorified cheerleaders don't grow businesses

Showing 1,982 of 2,091 reviews