Citrix 1,816 Reviews | Glassdoor

1,816 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,816 Employee Reviews

Cons

"SERIOUSLY. Stay away from sharefile sales. Read and see why."

Former Employee - Associate Corporate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Associate Corporate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool building, free snacks, nice cafeteria and a gym. Pool tables.

Cons

So Idecided to write this today due to seven people getting in touch with me from sharefile over the weekend to ask about my new position as they are trying to make a move and the company needs to fix itself before it gets worse. Sharefile is a division of Citrix. Was a startup not so long ago that lost it's commitment to providing a great workplace for employees. I can't really speak to anything besides sharefile sales. IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING JOINING THIS ORGANIZATION as an associate corporate sales rep-- READ THIS.

--Allow me to list recent changes as of SEPT 2016.
    **used to have a 5x multiplier for everything you earned over quota. EX if gou have a $750 quota and you earn 1.5k for the month, you would have everything over that $750 multiplied by five. THAT'S GONE NOW and it was the main selling point when i started.

**Comissions are now paid every 45 days instead of every 30 making it super hard to live off of $1100 before taxes bi-weekly(standard base for starting and publicly available knowledge). People can make more money as a hostess at Applebee's.

**Morale is through the floor and the people who made all the changes blame employees for lack of performace/attitude and lack of attendance when they made the job horrible. They had a chart somewhere approved by Accenture(look them up) that said it was a good idea to cut everyone's pay in sales when they were making record profits.
    **They are now hiring closers from the outside because for the first time ever, they dont have the people internally to replace them from lead gen now that the job itself is a horrible without the multiplier to justify the challenges of the position.

You may ask "why did they make these changes if it's having this effect and why dont they just go back?" the reason is money and that they really don't care about people.They have About an 80% attrition rate within the first year. It's easy to put values on the wall But those values should be Lived by the people making decisions. When they made the drastic changes to compensation it was in the middle of five straight months of record profit. Executive level people there are greedy and don't care about employees and the sales mangers are so drunk on the koolaid they can't be trusted to see things for what they really are. It's gotten so bad the founder and CEO of Sharefile is leaving the company completely in the middle of January 2017. That should speak volumes. Bottom line-- it's a cool building, but understand you have a job to do. That job is 130+ cold calls a day for lower pay than anyone else in the market working with SAAS products. It isn't sales, you are making appointments for other people to close and you act as a secretary for closers as well. If you like being a telemarketer on steroids with vastly sub par compensation for the work and 50+ hr work weeks then Sharefile sales is for you.

Advice to Management

You guys know you stepped in it with the Changes that were made in sept 2016. Admit you screwed up and the place is way worse now. Everyone knows it. Once you put down the koolaid long enough to realize what you have done to people, figure out a way to fix it besides blaming employees themselves for low morale that you cultivated with awful decisions. Then maybe you will keep most of the college educated people that you hire beyond four or five months.

2. "SDR"

Pros

Great position to get started with

Cons

Not really a lot of movement unless you play the games. They say it is about quantity and quota, but really it is about "how much are you going to bring into the company" and live by managers rules. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Advice to Management

Don't handcuff your employees when they are performing.

3. "Great Company in South Florida"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Finance in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager Finance in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and culture. Easy access to Management and huge motivation to keep growing the organization. Very supportive organization.

Cons

Needs more opportunities for growth and promotions or move employees to positions they can get promoted.

5. "Senior Closer"

Former Employee - Senior Closer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Closer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimted potential to make money. Impossibly easy to understand commission structure, and very obtainable if you are aggressive and committed. The people I worked with were some of the best people i have ever met

Cons

Want to be promoted? Pucker up - it is not based on experience, merit, or qualification. 100% of all management hiring decisions are a total crapshoot, and there is a whole lot of sucking up. Underqualified and inexperienced managers are a result of this.

Advice to Management

Get rid of dead weight managers who were only hired 3 months prior and promote into management the people who have the experience and drive to make a difference. Not the fresh bloods that take you out to lunch every other day.

6. "Excellent Place to Work"

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

- Great Paid Time Off, benefits
    - Most people are amazing at their jobs, a pleasure to work with
    - Exposure to a wide variety of technologies
    - Freedom to transfer to other teams within the company based on your career goals

Cons

- Not much training. You're expected to learn for yourself, but everyone is happy to help.
    - If your job involves an on-call schedule, you will have no personal life.
    - Corporate partnership with Microsoft means you'll be stuck using and building Windows systems.

7. "Amazing Company.."

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance is so great!
    Competitive salary.
    Encourages internal growth within company.
    Supportive management.
    Laid back office atmosphere.

Cons

No cons..best job I've ever had.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work; thank you for treating employees like gold.

8. "Great work place and good benefits"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to work if you enjoying working in a relaxed environment. Great amenities in the Raleigh building make you want to go to work everyday. Great employees who collaborate efficiently to deliver world-class results.

Cons

Salary is not very competitive.

9. "Software Quality Assurance Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Citrix full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance, good compensation, positive moral, and innovative. I was laid off, but Citrix provided a solid compensation package.

Cons

Changes in business direction within the last year lead to employee downsizing. As an impacted employee, it would have been good to be allowed opportunities elsewhere in the company. I'm the stereotypical victim of a tech company needing to meet Wall Street's expectations and reaching its bottom line.

10. "csr"

Former Employee - CSR2 in Cromwell, CT
    Former Employee - CSR2 in Cromwell, CT

I worked at Citrix part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good money good benefit s

Cons

very hetic pace very poor place to advance

Advice to Management

need more employee contact

11. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Management. Great Product. They listen to employees, We can work from anywhere. Excellent Compensation based on performance.

Cons

Not much negative to say. Change product names a little too often. We need to simplify our partner program. I believe this will be done very soon!!

Advice to Management

Keep the culture positive, innovation strong, trust Craig to move the Partner Community in the right direction.

Showing 1,816 of 1,898 reviews