Citrix "middle management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Citrix Employee Reviews about "middle management"

Updated Dec 2, 2019

3.9
Citrix CEO David Henshall
David Henshall
Cons

Reviews about "middle management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

SInce the new CEO has joined, there have been a great number of advances. There is more structure, the company has got back its fighting spirit and there is more drive to get things done. Additionally, the company is more aggressive from a marketing point of view.

Cons

Sometimes the information for making decisions rests at the top of the company, making it difficult for middle management to make decisions

Advice to Management

Trust your employees, even in times of change as they are on the front line on a day to day basis

Citrix2016-11-30
  2. "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Senior IP Paralegal in Burlington, MA

I worked at Citrix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People, benefits, salary, work life balance,

Cons

Middle management, stress level, career advancement.

Citrix2019-12-02

"Lack of Direction"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Citrix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employment Benefits, Cool Facility, Enjoyable Colleagues

Cons

Poor middle management A lot of closed door meetings Can't move up unless you suck up

Citrix2019-08-19

"Citrix technology and product"

Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Citrix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cloud computing , data collection, data analysis

Cons

Too much politics. Middle management struggle to take control and take credit

Citrix2019-06-25

"It all went south so quickly in the past year"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Knowledge gain. You'll be able to learn a lot while working here, the reason being that you'll be working on a larger scale feature on an individual basis. - They are also quick to adapt new and exciting tech stacks, which means the skill set you constantly learn there will not go out of favor with the industry. One thing about the current direction the company is taking is that in two years, it could become... a technological leader in the industry. Or, their current Cloud-based experiment may fail and doom every employee.

Cons

- Abysmal pay. I was provided a miserable base pay and joining bonus when I started, with no stock options, which I was willing to take as it otherwise seemed like a good opportunity to learn. But over the years, I was barely provided 2% increments per year. - Inconsistent performance evaluations. The management has no idea how to properly evaluate who performs well and who doesn't, and as a result, promotion... decisions are bizarre and often infuriating. - Apathy from management. Management doesn't care about employee happiness. Their actions leading up to and in the wake of the September 2017 layoffs are quintessential examples. Management has since done NOTHING to mitigate the rising attrition rate. One Engineering Leadership Team member even callously said that they don't care about employees quitting the company in the aftermath, and implied that nothing will be done to incentivize employees to stay. - Politics. Citrix over the past year has assumed a skewed diversity - there are loads of people of Indian origin there at the middle-management level, and it has created an inequality - promotions and hiring are made on a political basis (Indians out to hire more Indians), and as such you see incapable people rising up to important positions. In the last year or so, my life at Citrix spiraled down so much that I was willing to take the first opportunity that came my way. And I did.

Advice to Management

There is no advice I can give against internal politics. What am I gonna do, say "stop it" and you'll listen? I'm betting no. Although, the upper management, if anyone's reading this, you should do this - do a shake up of the middle management and break up the politics and the company may survive in the long term.

Citrix2018-08-08

"Citrix-ShareFile Sales Rep Review"

I worked at Citrix full-time

Pros

Great office space. Solid earning potential.

Cons

Poor middle management - they promote mediocre sales reps into management positions from within, rather than hiring outside talent with more experience/qualifications. Too often they were inexperienced and never top performers in sales. There is also too much focus on metrics/KPIs rather than actual results. Citrix does not trust their sales reps to use the products they sell to the world - the slogan 'work... anytime, anywhere' does not apply to their employees in sales. They are forcing reps back into the office. WFH days are also being slashed. Ironically, the first sentence for most all sales positions they have posted is "we believe that work is not a place, but rather a thing you do." While their technology revolves around this core philosophy, the way they treat their employees does not.

Citrix2017-07-06
  7. "Great overall"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Citrix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity within certain teams.

Cons

Petty middle management sets the tone within certain teams.

Advice to Management

Great opportunity overall, bittersweet writing this since I'm not sure the company's capable of making the changes it needs to at this point in 2017 with acquisition rumors circling and the EMC merger last year. Skip level meetings would be a good start.

Citrix2017-05-16
  8. "it's ok"

I have been working at Citrix full-time

Pros

Very innovative and enjoy working with smart people. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Lack of communication between middle management and his/her direct reports because he/she is too busy.

Citrix2017-04-22

"Things started to go downhill"

Senior Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix for more than 5 years

Pros

The work culture is fantastic. There were lots of perks while working at the main campus. The work from home policy was also very flexible.

Cons

The upper and middle management had several major instances of reorganization. This shifted around managers that actually cared about their employees to those that didn't. There are many people who are able to brown nose their way to higher positions and its pretty evident that they did not get there based on merit.

Advice to Management

This company has made many mistakes over the past few years. It seems like there is a lot of damage control occurring in order to repair previous issues. I would greatly work on your current staff instead of relying on layoffs. You invest so much into your employees only to waste it and throw it away when its convenient for you.

Citrix2017-04-06

"A mixed bag"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Specific to Raleigh/ShareFile: - The facility is excellent (great cafeteria, coffee, snacks, gym, etc). At least on the third and fourth floors, there's great natural lighting. - They promote from within. - Minimal pressure to work over 40 hours a week. - Healthy business, no lay-offs. - Flexible work hours.

Cons

Specific to Raleigh/ShareFile: - Too much middle-management. - The hiring bar for software engineers is fairly low, resulting in an increased workload for qualified developers. - Low performers are not held accountable.

Citrix2016-11-08