City Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Keith Koenig

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The he company is family oriented, and managment is always trying to get you more involved in how things work and incentive suggestions (in 11 reviews)

• The company has a pretty good benefits package (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Must meet sales goals or will be fired (in 9 reviews)

• It's extremely hard to have a work life balance (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Room to grow and more to come"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Wellington, FL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Wellington, FL

I have been working at City Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing and keep getting better. In the new year they added paid holidays and scheduling improvements. The company constantly asks you what they can be doing better and they listen! We will soon have tablets to use instead of desktops and my current showroom is being renovated/updated. The company also offers; $1000 in health insurance discounts when you get your preventative screening done, paid vacation, referal bonuses, tons of sales bonuses, and some very USEFUL training. They only promote from within. I am I very satisfied customer and worker.

Cons

Working nights and weekends can be difficult. That's when everyone is shopping so that's when we want to work most. With the new scheduling improvements we can now take an entire weekend off every few months.

Advice to Management

Even as a first tier manager I have direct access to my General Manager, Regional Manager, Director of Opporations, and company President. My voice is heard.

City Furniture Response

Jan 10, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to hear that you like our improvements to Holiday Pay and especially our schedule improvements. We want to allow our Associates to earn... More

2. "HR Department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

Just want to take a moment and acknowledge an employee at their HR department by the name of Nickey Ellis,
    I come from a corporate world and I have met a few people like Nickey in my career she was kind she was patient she was extremely professional and very understanding I want to see furniture to know that you have a hardworking person on your team .
    Congratulations

Cons

Nothing bad to say

Advice to Management

Very well trained employees

3. "Nothing short of amazing"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at City Furniture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

City is a great company, they truly put their associates first through events, bonuses, and coaching. They make it easy to come to work everyday. The pay is great for what you are expected to do.

Cons

Customer service department is lacking, hours are rough on someone with a family. Talent is not developed and utilized properly.

Advice to Management

Recognize those with amazing potential in all areas. Don't just expect your managers to sell - you've lost too many tremendous assets

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at City Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Earning potential is really up to you

Cons

Long hours, stress and pressure to hit goals.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job, just need more focus on the actual people through processes.

5. "Alright"

Pros

A great and friendly environment with an opportunity to make how much ever you want.

Cons

High Stress to Hit Goals

Advice to Management

Alright

6. "service technician"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Tamarac, FL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Tamarac, FL

I have been working at City Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a pretty good benefits package

Cons

long hours, not enough time to spend with family

Advice to Management

take the time to listen to your employees

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at City Furniture full-time

Pros

The culture of City Furniture is great: recognizing and rewarding good performance happens very frequently. They went the extra mile during difficult times that I had gone through when I was very sick (cancer). They got involved helping in every stage of the treatment .

Cons

So many top performers at City Furniture that is difficult to be the best.

8. "Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at City Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They let you think your apart of a family.

Cons

Every shift begins with CHANTS speaking to being family. Really they are saying "be one of us". If you have personal life threatening family issues & miss your numbers. They tell you to forget your issues & make this building your oasis! Got to hit your numbers no matter what... They chant "World Class Service" while Management treats you like dirt. It is embarrassing when your customers have a problem with delivery & MGMT pushes them aside because they have there money already.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing. Stop "drinking the koolaid"

9. "Bitter sweet. Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tamarac, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tamarac, FL

I worked at City Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My coworkers that i still keep in contact with were the biggest pros for working at city. Also, the benefits were great. They have alot of incentives. The schedule flexibility. The supervisors were great. Keith and Andrew were genuinely nice down to earth people. The cafe was great. I would eat their almost everyday and they had a salad bar that was on point.
    Very family oriented.

Also, they work with you if you're not doing that great on your stats. (I only speak for the customer service department).

Keri Malone is great, and I feel that her judgement when making any decision is very fair.

Cons

Alot of favoritism which i feel happens at any call center, unfortunately. The hours sucked you must work weekends. I also see alot of comments making reference to being fired... honestly it's a retail business, they didn't open the business thinking "oh let's keep mediocre associates working, because that's going to make us money". Just think about that.

The calls were so stressful, and it mostly had to do with not so customer friendly policies that everyone in the department always complained about. You must have tough skin to work here. I've seen a few new reps crying because they couldn't handle the customer.

The pay was too low for all the things they had us doing. The way they wanted us to handle our calls was to be all about the customer even if the customer was wrong, to city furniture they still were. And that ridiculous apology that you always had to give the customer. It was like... "

customer: oh i missed my delivery because i wasn't home. Csr- oh I'm sorry you missed your delivery because you weren't home" ... this was ridiculous to me.

The team leaders were great too, for the most part. Just a few that were very childish, but i would just ignore them. At the end of the day i was their to work not make friends.

Advice to Management

Pay the reps more keep working on keeping the stress level down in the customer service department and try to
    Minimize favoritism as everyone that tries hard deserves a fair chance.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at City Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family environment you can make a lot of money if you put in the effort.

Cons

Hours are long. It's extremely hard to have a work life balance .

Advice to Management

listen your reps.