City National Bank Relationship Banker Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

City National Bank Relationship Banker Reviews

0 Rating
  1. "relationship banker"

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in New York, NY

I have been working at City National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

great company -cares about employees

Cons

systems - lack of tech

City National Bank2018-02-13

City National Bank Response

February 15, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I agree with you - CNB cares about our colleagues! As far as technology, we are building and employing new systems across the bank to create the best experience for our clients and colleagues. Eamon Kelly, SVP & HR Business Partner Manager

Continue reading

"Great company to work for once you learn the way of how!"

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at City National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salary. Not stressful. Lots of support and training classes. Allows the time to build business relationship with your clients. Not easy but achievable sales goals. Allows you to canvas and get new clients. Allows you to wine and dine your potential client for deepening the relationships. Many clients event and opportunities. RB’s have a lot of learning opportunities to be ready for next step.

Cons

When you are hired you are absolutely lost because there is no startup training. There is no central number or website to find out how to resolve your issues. Push for sale yet tough approval systems. Loan center is slow. Out dated technology. Many times people in different department contradict each other.

City National Bank2018-11-16

"worst company i've ever worked for"

Relationship Banker in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at City National Bank

Pros

- Regional team was incredible. They really care about your well-being and train you as much as they can. Unfortunately you will not have a lot of contact with them, you are stuck in the hands of your branch manager and client manager. In my case, both didn't care about their jobs or anyone around them. - Nothing else to say, this was a terrible job that I hated from day 1. - Unless you are offered a massive salary, look elsewhere. You will not enjoy this job.

Cons

- Agree with what others have said - they promise you the world just to get you hired. - It's all about what branch you are in. Most of the branch teams are small, meaning you are stuck relying on others to do their job. If you are stuck with lazy selfish employees, you will be doing their job in addition to your own. I was promised I would never be on the teller line, strictly sales. However since my CM refused to sit on the teller line, I was forced to be customer facing every day. Taking change orders, cashing checks, all while I was supposed to be "on calls". And she was the one who promised me during my interview! - Bonuses were terrible in comparison to other banks I've worked for. I was over 100% of my goal every quarter at CNB, finished in the top 10 in 3 out of 4 quarters at CNB, and my bonuses were tiny. You are paid out quarterly, and CNB will do everything in their power not to pay you what you earned. Make sure you review EVERY pay check, bonus or not. If you worked overtime, make sure you see it on your paycheck. Odds are they will try to take that away from you and hope you didn't notice. - Products are not competitive. Our rates, fees and services are awful. I felt horrible selling these products to clients of mine. And our technology is terrible and our customers are suffering. However, CNB will never change. As long as they are making a profit, nobody cares.

Continue reading
    City National Bank2016-05-17

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews