City National Bank & Trust Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
George L. Porter III

1. Featured Review

"A great place to work and grow"

I have been working at City National Bank & Trust full-time

Pros

CNB is one of the best places I've worked. If you are willing to learn and have a good attitude, you'll do great here because the training you'll get (classroom and on the job) is amazing. You'll have the opportunity to build relationships with your customers and participate in projects you might not elsewhere. The bank truly cares about the community. Great work/life balance given that you come in and work hard. Customer needs come first but I am proud to work at CNB because they value our families as well.

Cons

Lack of clear communication between areas and more leadership needed. Not necessarily someone who is going to lay down the law but people who care about setting a good example for their employees and working as a team.

Advice to Management

Lead from the front & pay more for employees who have demonstrated their worth.

Mar 11, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We agree that CNB is a great place to work!

2. "Returning Employee Review"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Lawton, OK
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Lawton, OK

I have been working at City National Bank & Trust full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company and employee culture at City National Bank & Trust is one that is very inviting, respectful and nurturing. They have chosen excellent leaders to promote and mentor employees. As a returning employee and spending 7 1/2 years with this company, it still remains the one place I cannot ever imagine leaving. This is an organization that cares about their community through continued involvement and volunteering year after year. Not a day goes by that I don't come in and leave with a smile and a grateful attitude.

Cons

Branches are not closed on all the federal holidays.

3. "You have a lot of fun and good rewards but schedule not so much."

Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Miami, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Miami, OK

I worked at City National Bank & Trust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, rewarding, and you get to establish clientele. Being outgoing is key and being open minded. You get network a lot and the training opens up many possibilities in the financial sector.

Cons

Work schedule can be harsh especially during the holidays. Pay isn't great to start out. But if you learn fast. You could exceed that

Jan 9, 2017 – Recruiter

We love to see our employees learn and grow with us! Thank you for the feedback!

5. "Great place to work"

Pros

Family owned business, easy to make money

Cons

doesnt work banker hours, inside of walmarts

Advice to Management

Go back to old comission pay structure, dont be as strict on which accounts pay out and which dont

Jan 9, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We are proud of the culture we've created and look forward to what the future brings!

"Personal Banket"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at City National Bank & Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot specially if you never had any banking experience great place to start. You learn how to be a teller, personal banker and how to process loans.

Cons

Constant pressure of selling, even if you reach your monthly goals. They will raise the goals until you crash. They make you walk inside the store and bother people to open accounts more like force. Pay is not worth everything you do and you are standing all day including the manager. You will forever be a teller at CNB even the manager is a teller. You can't have a family with CNB pay.

Advice to Management

Constant pressure to sell with mediocre rewards makes people leave. That is why CNB constantly changing employees.

Jan 9, 2017 – Recruiter

We strive to get better at every aspect of our business and we appreciate the feedback!

7. "Assistant Manager"

I worked at City National Bank & Trust full-time

Pros

Great family owed company with family values! Willingness to help promote growth within company.

Cons

Sometimes the hours could be bit much but overall the company is great.

Advice to Management

I have no advice

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at City National Bank & Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teams! The opportunity to move up depends all on how much you want to move up! I love it here!!!

Cons

Pay is on the lower end for management but you'll be happy if you choose City National Bank!

Advice to Management

Raise the pay just a little more.

Oct 20, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We've worked very hard to promote growth from within and have our family continue to grow with CNB!

9. "Community Bank"

I have been working at City National Bank & Trust full-time

Pros

CNB is a family owned business with a rich heritage.

Cons

Lacks some of the technology bigger banks offer.

Oct 20, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback!

10. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

I worked at City National Bank & Trust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great Team - even senior management came and introduced themselves to me on my first day
    - Room to be promoted or switch roles based on what you like/where you fit. Many employees at HQ move from dept. to dept.
    - The company planned well to scale up - growing at a great rate without all the normal growing pains many organizations experience

Cons

- Pay is goodish for the area
    - Departments are not huge, become wrought with drama if one person throws off the team balance

Advice to Management

Allow junior level staff to partake in bridge building activities with other staff
    Encourage departments to work closely with others

May 25, 2016 – Recruiter

We love our culture at CNB and agree that it makes us a great place to work. Thank you for your feedback!

"Don't Do It"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Lots of turnover so you can promote fast

Cons

Pay isn't great. Supposedly there are quarterly bonuses but the requirements to get them are not posted so each time I met the requirements that the Regional Manager told me I was told that they changed and I didn't qualify for them. Promised raises that were delayed until another job offer came in. Decided to stay with the company and they try to make it sound like you aren't worth the raise. Really outdated equipment and unprofessional upper management.

Advice to Management

Drug test your employees.

Aug 9, 2016 – Recruiter