City Personnel Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent Service"

I worked at City Personnel full-time

Pros

City Personnel really pushed me to go into a career I'm currently loving. I was a little resistant at first but Dawn definitely knew what she was doing and helped me find a great job.

Cons

Honestly, just the fact that it's temporary to start. I fell in love with the company they placed me at that I wanted to be permanent right away.

2. "Quality Agency"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Providence, RI

I worked at City Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

City Personnel had better agents and better jobs than any of the other agencies in Providence that I worked with. They were thorough in getting to know me so that they could really understand what I was looking for and what I am capable of. They were respectful of my time, both in terms of sending me only on interviews that matched my requirements and in terms of communicating with me promptly and efficiently. When I suspended my job search, they circled back with me to let me know that an opportunity I was interested in had re-opened. Their advocacy and diligence contributed to my successful search for a great job!

Cons

I had a very positive experience at City Personnel. The only con I can think of was not being eligible to buy into any kind of health insurance while I was on temp assignment, but that is standard across the industry.

3. "City Personnel"

I worked at City Personnel full-time

Pros

City Personnel helped me to obtain a full time position shortly after I graduated with my undergrad. City’s employees are professional, helpful, and very kind. I enjoyed my time working with City and am greatful for the opportunity they have provided me.

Cons

I didn’t have any issues when working with City Personnel.

4. "Awesome agency"

Former Employee - Clinical Secretary
    Former Employee - Clinical Secretary

I worked at City Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I found permanent placement with a great company.
    They will help you with every step of the way.

Cons

None really come to mind

5. "Former temp who found employment through City Personnel"

Former Employee - Medical Biller in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Medical Biller in Providence, RI

I worked at City Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and positive. If you have any questions/concerns they respond to you pretty quickly.

Cons

Not many permanent positions available.

6. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Providence, RI

I worked at City Personnel (Less than a year)

Pros

The one interview they had for me paid well

Cons

The owner went from super nice to get me in and after that was very unprofessional and dishonest. She said they would call me with jobs that fit, but even though they posted more jobs online, they NEVER called me. I called multiple times about posting they put up, but they never followed up with me. The ONE interview I got was when I resubmitted my resume. City Personnel said it was a great firm with a great reputation and nice people. When I started, I had an attorney yelling at me on my second day for a mistake she made. Come to find out that firm had been through 3 or 4 other people for that position, all who left. No one there was allowed to speak about why the other people left. When I asked City Personnel to please keep looking for more positions for me, because I wasn’t sure this would work out, SHE TOLD THE MANAGER! And I ended up losing that job before being able to find another. I had given up two other jobs (that I found on my own) to take this one, based on the information given by City Personnel.

Advice to Management

Just be professional and honest with people. Your supposed to be providing a service.

City Personnel Response

Apr 23, 2018 – Recruiter

Hello. I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at City Personnel did not match our intention of providing top caliber staffing... More

7. "Reliable People"

Former Employee - Document Reviewer in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Document Reviewer in Providence, RI

I worked at City Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Easy process. Reliable staff.

Cons

The temporary employee to permanent employee route seems like it has guidelines, but it is actually nebulous depending on the company that City Personnel places you with. In the interview process, I would just make sure that they make it clear how long the temp period is and if it can go over or be shorter.

8. "Great Agency"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at City Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was with City Personnel for a little over 7 months. They were an amazing staffing agency to work for. Whenever, I had a question or needed help with something; they were always very helpful! They helped me find an awesome company to work for. I wouldn't have found this company without the help of City Personnel

Cons

Becoming better with responding to emails

Advice to Management

none

9. "Junior Recruiter"

Former Employee - Junior Re in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Junior Re in Providence, RI

I worked at City Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Reliable, Great Communication,

They really take the time to find out what the client is looking for, and try to place them accordingly. City Personnel is a wonderful company, got me back to work in less than a month.

Cons

I can't think of any cons for this organization

10. "Great to work with"

Former Employee - Medical Receptionist
    Former Employee - Medical Receptionist

I worked at City Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very effective at finding the perfect fit based on needs. Great at advocating for their employees. Very upbeat and encouraging staff.

Cons

No paid holidays. No health insurance. No electronic time-keeping for submitting hours weekly.