KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

City Sports

Is this your company?

City Sports

Add a Review

City Sports Employee Reviews about "corporate office"

Updated Sep 15, 2015

Found 4 of over 138 reviews

3.6
City Sports CEO     Edward Albertian (no image)
Edward Albertian
Pros
  • "friendly work environment, great coworkers(in 10 reviews)

• "Great staff, flexible hours, positive learning tools(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The upper management was disconnected(in 7 reviews)

• "I have to work very long hours on my feet with only a short break but that's really to be expected as a retail associate(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "corporate office"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee

manager

Sep 15, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

fun environment, good employees and perks

Cons

mixed messages from corporate office, lack of clear company direction

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Probably, as good as retail gets.

Jul 31, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The managers hire quality people. Firings are rare, and most people feel as if their jobs and hours are secure. Employees do not work on commission, so there is no pressure to force customers to buy more.

Cons

Corporate office seems totally out of touch with what is happening at the store level. There is a high turnover in regards to store managers. They don't seem to last more than a year, or two at any location.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun atmosphere and amazing discounts, but no work/life balance and poor treatment from senior management

Aug 20, 2013 - Department Manager in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The top reason for working at City Sports were my coworkers. They kept me going, and were always helpful and interesting and a lot of fun. Discounts on merchandise couldn't be beat. Fun opportunity to learn about the gear as well.

Cons

Poor scheduling - I was a manager at one of the branches. That particular branch had 5 managers - 2 of whom were related. This resulted in the two of them never having to work a Sunday, while the rest of us had to pick up their shifts. I had no control over my schedule - ever - and felt like I rarely had a life as a result. Senior Manager was a total snake and not to be trusted. Worst boss I have ever had. Watched as he threw people under the bus and made wild accusations of stealing for people who he simply just wanted to get rid of. Questionable loyalty - I didn't work in corporate, but corporate seemed to fire people at will (in the corporate office) with little to no explanation. And for such a small company, it happened pretty often. Also, for being a place that sells expensive GPS heart rate monitors and running shoes, they do little to no training for the employees. Corporate seems especially detached and unaware of the situation.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good job with great people for a company that does not care about its employees.

Mar 5, 2013 - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment. Good people.

Cons

Corporate Office changes policies that affect employees negatively. They treat you condescendingly.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews