City Staffing Chicago Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2020

4.2
City Staffing Managing Partner Daphne Dolan  (no image)
Daphne Dolan
  1. "Conscious company"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at City Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

It has been a great experience working for a company that really fosters collaboration, innovation and growth in employees.

Cons

There aren't really any cons, unless you don't like working with a small collaborative team!

2. "Receptionist/Administrative Assistant"

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at City Staffing for less than a year

Pros

City Staffing is a great Agency they put you right to work in the field that you love.

Cons

City Staffing has no downsize.

3. "Only specific options"

2.0
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at City Staffing for more than 3 years

Pros

They seem like they try

Cons

No personal days and can't change jobs without giving two week notice

"A Hardworking, Determined and Lovely Group of People"

Former Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at City Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in a warm, bright and friendly environment that practiced what they preached. They truly want all of their employees and associates to succeed. They put you in a place to succeed. The Company Presidents are involved and invested in the day to day operation of the company. Really makes it feel like a family. Many great 'perks' including meals, a snack pantry and more. Can't say enough about how great it was to work here.

Cons

Only Cons are the nature of the job can be a bit tough! There can be a level of fast-paced stressful situations. City Staffing helps combat these inevitable downsides that are the nature of the beast.

Continue reading
  5. "Temp worker for City Staffing"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at City Staffing

Pros

If you're new to a city you can get exposure to many different companies and roles

Cons

only paid for the hours you do, contract work often only lasts for a few months

6. "Great communication/very responsive"

Current Contractor - Temp Worker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at City Staffing for more than a year

Pros

City Staffing has been very responsive whenever I have reached out during times I have been looking for work, and they have also written back whenever I have had an issue. Recently they placed me in a long-term assignment that has the potential to become permanent, and my recruiter did an amazing job of keeping her eye open for a job posting that fit really well with my skill set. It made me feel like she a) really had gotten to know me and what I could bring to a position and b) was keeping an eye out for opportunities for me.

Cons

There have definitely been times when the work has been slow, but I think that is more of a seasonal thing than anything else. Also some of the jobs can be quite tedious, but when you aren't working a job is a job!

7. "Shady red flags!!!"

1.0
    Former Freelancer - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at City Staffing for less than a year

Pros

Nice temp agency staff (but even snakes can pose as friendly).

Cons

Extremely inconsiderate! After a good interview and one week background check 100% clear, CIty Staffing offered me a position with one of their clients starting the following Monday. I approved and was sent the typical onboarding email. Cool beans, right? WRONG. Everything was cool til early Friday night before Monday. I return a missed call and they tell me not to show up Monday cause the assignment has been "Put on hold". Rewind...they're notifying me early Friday NIGHT! At the very END of the business day. I casually responded "May I ask why? Is there something I can clear up?". Now they're 007 with me on any details til Monday, mass emailing the training class that they'll should know when we'll start by the end of the month. Oh and did I mention we never got it, nor a got a reason for their hold up? Rather than be a sitting duck idiot, I applied for a ton of jobs and secured a position and base salary that doubles their $14.00 hr ANY day, plus commission. Thank God I didn't need that City Staffing to meet any immediate needs or I'd be left for dead! Good riddance.

8. "Great Place to Work"

Former Freelancer - Temp in Chicago, IL

I worked at City Staffing for less than a year

Pros

-Very Felxible -Builds that resume! -Clients are very friendly -Positive Atmosphere -Good pay

Cons

It is all temp work. If that is not your thing, look elsewhere!

"Professional, Trendy, Friendly, Organized"

Current Employee - Contract Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at City Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was assigned a position which both fits my work experience and is exactly the environment which fit the kind of alt-corporate culture I was looking for. As a person with office experience and specific skills, but also a very, what you might call "non-traditional appearance" with colored hair and bold makeup, they found be a great position. They suggested a "millennial start-up with no dress code" and I received my first assignment within a few weeks. Awesome work! I have direct deposit and recently I was offered a health insurance package.

Cons

I had applied for a position that fit my experience and never heard back . Luckily, a friend who went to City Staffing mentioned that I was still looking, and City Staffing had made my account inactive because I did not report my "availability" which only days prior I told them was "completely open". I missed (or they failed to mention) that I would have to update my availability weekly, which is different from any other temp agency I've worked with in the past.

10. "Hit or Miss"

Former Contractor - Temp in Chicago, IL

I worked at City Staffing for more than a year

Pros

The staff are generally very nice, although I have noticed they can play favorites. ie: If you're a friend of a friend, you'll get multiple jobs within a month. Not so? Good luck.

Cons

If you get in at one of the big companies they hire in for, such as Groupon or GrubHub, that's great and you're set. But it's impossible to make a living working on their short assignments. After hearing nothing but good feedback from the people I worked for through City Staffing, I went four months without a single job offer.

Found 21 reviews