City Wide Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
City Wide President Jeff Oddo
Jeff Oddo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I very much enjoyed my position as an FSM for City Wide Maintenance, Indianapolis" (in 12 reviews)

• "Family environment; professional work environment; fun culture; autonomy; personal development freedom" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The life cycle stage that each City Wide office is at varies greatly for many reasons" (in 5 reviews)

• "no cons, left to take care of kids" (in 5 reviews)

1. "FSM"

Current Employee - FSM
    Current Employee - FSM

I have been working at City Wide (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, freedom to work on my own

Cons

Lots of driving and mileage

Advice to Management

None. My boss is extremely compassionate and understanding and willing to listen to any suggestions.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at City Wide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a multi-faceted, multi-generational family owned and operated company. The CEO preaches "culture" and "values", he lives them, leads by example and expects the same of his leadership team. Opportunities to succeed and grow are always available as long as employees are willing to commit to their own growth. Success is rewarded with more than salary, goals and objectives are clearly defined and attainable, and the company is truly invested in making City Wide the last employer you will ever have. I have grown as a person and employee while at City Wide and see a bright future ahead. I feel important and valued by the company.

Cons

This is also an entrepreneurial growth company and by definition a small business. With growth comes growing pains and the path forward is not clear or easy and we don't always have the right "tools" for the job. This is not the place to come and "punch the clock" and since we don't make widgets, everyday is different with different challenges and obstacles. This is a sales and management organization and we are expected to produce. Our success is also dependent on our front-line employees maintaining our reputation in the communities we serve. Like most companies, City Wide has to compete and the pressure to succeed is present and can be significant. Facility maintenance is not a "pretty" industry and what we do is not appealing to most which sometimes makes it difficult to attract and retain talent. Occasionally, we are expected to wear different hats and operate out of our comfort zones.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees. Make sure leadership continues to live and promote the culture and value system.

3. "Was a horrible environment"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Greenville, SC

I worked at City Wide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don’t feel as there were any.

Cons

Accounting department was extremely hostile and would purposely set you up for failure.

Advice to Management

Restructure

"Growing business with great cultures!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at City Wide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a relatively new member of the team, I love the team atmosphere and culture. Everyone is directly involved to the success of the organization. The President/Owner truly cares for the success of staff and independent contractors.

Cons

New business - full line of benefits isn't offered, but we're moving in that direction!

"Administrative Support"

I have been working at City Wide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and atmosphere. Opportunity for growth

Cons

Outdated systems being used for accounting.

Advice to Management

None. They have always taken the time to listen to concerns and ideas

6. "City Wide of Central Pa -Sales & Business Development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at City Wide full-time

Pros

You will never find two better owners of a franchise to work for, period! Support is overflowing from day 1 and once work ethic is established great trust is there as well. Out of the box thinkers willing to try things new and not just stick with the "cookie cutter" solutions.

Cons

The area is a bit saturated with Janitorial Services but that is not a negative reflection on City Wide.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job, the only advice would be to have a steady trickle of fresh contacts of key decision makers. Other than that keep doing what you are doing. Well done.

"Facility Services Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at City Wide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I very much enjoyed my position as an FSM for City Wide Maintenance, Indianapolis. I am a people person and this job allowed me to have daily interaction with my account contacts, the facility crews I managed as well as my City Wide colleagues, which I loved! I formed many new relationships and friendships as a result. This position gave me a sense of autonomy, which I appreciated. The compensation was outstanding and there were multiple ways to earn commission on top of the base pay. Internally, the owner worked very hard to create a company culture that was positive, supportive and empowering! It gave our team the feeling that even when an issue came up, we knew someone had our back and that we were supported.

Cons

As is true with any position, occasionally issues did arise. Since this business specifically handles facilities maintenance, it is natural that problems will surface at one time or another. A 24-hour operating facility is a great example because it can be challenging to adequately clean an account that is constantly in use, but with the right maintenance crew, schedule and system in place, it can be successfully achieved! Additionally, facilities are normally maintained outside of business hours, so occasionally I would need to check on something during an evening or on the weekend but not often.

8. "Awesome Company"

Former Employee - Office in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Office in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at City Wide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture of City Wide Indy was fantastic - always forward thinking and pushing to be better

Cons

no cons, left to take care of kids

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing! great vision

9. "Night Manager"

I worked at City Wide part-time

Pros

They offer very flexible hours.

Cons

Not enough to make a big deal out of. Every company has its flaws

"A Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Contractor Compliance Coordintator in Milwaukie, OR
    Current Employee - Contractor Compliance Coordintator in Milwaukie, OR

I have been working at City Wide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Initially was interviewing for a different role but because I had HR and benefits experience they created a role that fit my skill set. It's been an awesome experience to grow with the role and to be given the opportunity to continue to do so as my office grows.

Cons

The commute! but that's anywhere you go!