City of Boulder Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 43 reviews

3.9
City of Boulder CEO Suzanne Jones
Suzanne Jones
  1. "Great pay and pretty reasonable hours for the job"

in Boulder, CO

I have been working at City of Boulder

Pros

I umpired for the city softball leagues and found the pay to be quite good for a part time job.

Cons

All the games were at night (6-10), and sometime players got too rowdy after drinking too much. There were a few fights that even needed to be broken up

Advice to Management

I think a more in depth training program would really help umpires understand their roles. It would also help ensure a consistent set of rules is being followed.

City of Boulder2012-01-19

"A good place to work"

in Boulder, CO

I have been working at City of Boulder

Pros

Friendly people to work with while serving Boulder's residents. Generous vacation time after 5 years. Management generally takes what you say into consideration. Beautiful location. People stay at the city for long periods of time - sometimes their whole career.

Cons

Supervisors have a lot of discretion, which is a good thing, but if you find yourself in a personality conflict with your supervisor, you will probably not like your job. Also, people stay employed for long periods of time, which again is good, but sometimes it seems there is little opportunity for advancement, especially if you are an "administrative specialist."

Advice to Management

Follow the recommendations from people "on the ground."

City of Boulder2010-01-22
  3. "The City is in transition to address the budget funding gap"

I have been working at City of Boulder

Pros

The purpose is for service to the community rather than profit. Almost everyone who works at the City really cares about doing an excellent job. Everyone will go the extra mile to get the work done.

Cons

Due to the economic climate, most have to work longer hours and have more responsibilities than can be successfully managed.

Advice to Management

Morale is low in many departments because the climate is that we should feel lucky to have a job rather than acknowledged for jobs well done.

City of Boulder2011-06-20