City of Carrollton Reviews | Glassdoor

City of Carrollton Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2019

Found 13 reviews

1. "Awesome Opportunity for Summer job."

Former Employee - Head Lifeguard

I worked at City of Carrollton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Pay. Great Job. Was fun to work at. Work culture is fun. A bit rowdy, but to be expected of a full team of highschool/college students.

Cons

1.Understaffed. At the end of each season of my 6 years there, we were always understaffed as students went back to school.This lead to... 2.Too many hours. To some, this may be a pro but personally, I was working anywhere between 70-80 hours per week. This was good, as the pay was great, but also exhausting.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate some of the pool rules. Some of them place lifeguards in a position where they have a difficulty enforcing rules.

City of Carrollton2017-08-24
  2. "Ups and downs, highs and lows"

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at City of Carrollton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Casual dress and half day Fridays, flexible schedule to work with family situations, decent benefits

Cons

Management uninvolved, lack of training, lacking professionalism from all levels,

Advice to Management

Learn the jobs of your employees, hold poor employees accountable, respect all employees, show appreciation for your hard working employees

City of Carrollton2019-06-16
  3. "Meter Reader Operations Supervisor"

Former Employee - Meter Reader Operations Supervisor in Carrollton, TX

I worked at City of Carrollton full-time for less than a year

Pros

The schedule was great. Fridays the department got to leave at 11am. The management team had excellent schedules.

Cons

I do not have an cons about the City of Carrollton.

Advice to Management

I think it is great to hire within the city it shows your department that you believe in them.

City of Carrollton2018-09-29
  4. "Police Officer"

I have been working at City of Carrollton full-time

Pros

pay and location to Dallas and other activities

Cons

lack of opportunity within department

City of Carrollton2017-06-30
  5. "Lacks growth potential, management out of touch, salaries decade behind"

I have been working at City of Carrollton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work schedule is great working 4 9 hours days and having a half day on Friday. The work environment is very relaxed. Good opportunities for training depending on the department.

Cons

Because of the long term employees you are constantly faced with resistance to change. A lot of the good old boy mentality. The pay is drastically below the market unless you are part of upper management. Monetary recognition is not given for years experience or job performance.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate your salary structure and your advanced tiers. ..if they are unattainable then they are useless. Reward good workers.

City of Carrollton2016-11-10
  6. "rec coordinator"

I worked at City of Carrollton full-time

Pros

close to the area I lived

Cons

Disregarded any thought of family and commute and transferd without consulting employee

City of Carrollton2016-08-17
  7. "Low morale, unethical quota system, self serving supervisors, no loyalty or trustworthiness among peers"

Former Employee - Police Officer in Carrollton, TX

I worked at City of Carrollton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

salary is very competitive for a mid-size agency

Cons

Quota style evaluation system detracts from quality of work Unethical practices in community policing Arrogance among peers, immaturity, gossip and favoritism Poor training practices, focus on meeting quantity over quality

Advice to Management

Morale is HORRIBLE, ditch the CQT and quota evaluation systems....it will eventually be the demise of this agency untarnished past and it is unethical. Reevaluate your training officers and how the whole FTO system operates. They (including the sergeants and commanders over training) are not practicing with best interests in mind and team up against any recruits who they feel unworthy of being among them. Unethical...

City of Carrollton2015-03-12
  8. "Management is not honest, trustworthy. No leadership at the City, which is sad, since they manage residents money."

I worked at City of Carrollton full-time

Pros

I can't think of anything that would make me tell a friend to look for a job here. When you have received so many pay increases. They are ready for you to go. They want to bring in someone they will start out at the bottom of the pay grade. I would look some where else.

Cons

No leadership, management is dishonest, you can not trust your manager at all!

Advice to Management

When I first started working there I really liked it. Then some upper-management employees left. They filled the positions with unqualified management. Advise to the City Council. Take a good look at your directors and managers. They are making the City of Carrollton look really bad.

City of Carrollton2014-07-24
  9. "Tight-Knit and Friendly"

I worked at City of Carrollton for less than a year

Pros

My upper managers were reasonable with time frames of projects. Other employees were nice and great to work with. Pretty stable work environment since it is a municipal government after all.

Cons

The office seemed a little too sealed off at time. Some of the departments are too siloed off. A little too divided in working

City of Carrollton2014-02-25
  10. "Great people to work with."

I have been working at City of Carrollton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits and pay is competitive. The majority of the people you work with are great, spanning across all departments. Job security.

Cons

Depending on the area you work in may be difficult to move up. Sometimes management have unlikely expectations. Seems the budget gets cut more and more, meaning raises are not always available.

Advice to Management

Do what you say your going to do. Less micro managing and do not set unrealistic goals.

City of Carrollton2014-01-12