Found 887 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and Great Health Insurance" (in 123 reviews)
- "The City is great for people who will raise their hand and volunteer to to try new projects since there's always something interesting but underresourced." (in 59 reviews)
- "good benefits health insurance and pension" (in 35 reviews)
- "Access to city perks; Job security through unions; great for family planning." (in 33 reviews)
- "Hours are very easy and make for a good work/life balance." (in 21 reviews)
- "The pay is low for the hours and the work required to be able to make substantial impact." (in 43 reviews)
- "Many people have student loans which need to be paid and it is difficult to do so with low salaries." (in 42 reviews)
- "poor management and not as helpful for talent development" (in 22 reviews)
- "Hours are long and unpredictable" (in 18 reviews)
- "Nepotism is highly regarded and practiced." (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of City of New York and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Aug 30, 2023Senior CounselFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsNew York, NY
Lot's of opportunity to learn and grow. Best place for individuals who have initiative. Great people to work with and build a team together. Positive work for society.
Lower salary than private sector, no wfh opportunities.
City of New York Reviews FAQs
City of New York has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,000 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at City of New York to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
66% of City of New York employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated City of New York 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.