- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Missouri
- - Springfield, MO Area
- - Springfield, MO
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
Found 77 of over 84 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 27, 2022 - Sr Human Resources CoordinatorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The City of Springfield if definitely focused on taking care of their employees. They provide great benefits and perks. The City of Springfield held several employee engagement events to recognize employees and bring staff together. The City also does a great job with training new employees and new supervisors.
Salaries are set based on the government approved matrix.
- Former Employee★★★★★
Just another average job in Springfield MO. It could be better if workers were allowed to assist in decision makingNov 23, 2022 - Grounds/Maintenance WorkerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Friends, Benifits, Flexibility, Holidays, Special Events
Pay, Management, Quality of Work, Fast Burn Outs. No Home LifeContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 28, 2022 - Police Service Representative in Springfield, MORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
City of Springfield has terrific health insurance.
Negative work environment, morale for most is low. Shortage on staff causes chaos and delayed response times to assist the public.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep 8, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits and good pay.
Pretty toxic in my experience. Not all departments but the legal department is toxic. So much back biting and drama. Also too much work to manage. I had to work multiple hours a day off the clock. Supervisor was aware of this and just kept saying “well the work has to get done”. So instead of hiring help just turned a blind eye. Burned me out pretty quick.
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jul 23, 2022 - Police OfficerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great coworkers, very fun at times, lots of paid time off
Command staff, inconsistent enforcement of policies, lack of staffing
- Former Employee★★★★★Jul 17, 2022 - Coordinator in Springfield, MORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Serving the citizens of Springfield
Change comes slowly in governmentContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 13, 2022 - Investigations Specialist in Springfield, MORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits for health are good
Pay is awful for the work one is doing
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jun 2, 2022 - Animal Control OfficerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The city has good benefits
Leadership had it's issues Pay is low
- Former Employee★★★★★Mar 26, 2022 - Concessions WorkerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
everything. awesome job with cool people and management is very considerate
sometimes you get rained out
- Current Employee★★★★★Mar 21, 2022 - Police Officer in Springfield, MORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Competitive Pay is always a plus.
Too much to state right here.
City of Springfield MO Reviews FAQs
City of Springfield MO has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 84 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at City of Springfield MO to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.
59% of City of Springfield MO employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated City of Springfield MO 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.