CityTwist Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Lou Nobilé

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fulfillment Specialist"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist and Testing Team Leader in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at CityTwist full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for social media and email marketing experience. Tech majors can add a lot to their portfolio as well; have a web app and jQuery under my belt thanks to CityTwist.

Cons

The bathroom on the 4th floor tends be a bit congested as far as ventilation is concerned, I recommend using the 3rd floor instead.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job already as everyone can see with the latest reports and growth I noticed mining data. Keep the subject lines under 25 characters and mabey start offering Facebook's data.

2. "good job"

Pros

coffee machine, breaks, long lunch, good people

Cons

long hours sitting on the phone

"Some good, some bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at CityTwist full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some nice people working there. The product seems to be legitimate and valuable to (at least some) clients. (Others who don't get value from it drop the service. It's a mix.) To hear management tell it, they're cornering the market on what they do, but then if they're doing so well, why do they freak out about the possibility of the slightest bit of inadvertent overtime?

They provide bagels on Wednesday mornings, which is actually very nice and a good morale booster for the middle of the week. I was amazed at how that seemed to make the week go more quickly.

Cons

While the office environment is relatively friendly and there isn't any overt hostility, there's still plenty of office politics going on—mostly behind the scenes involving management, but it will still affect you. The company is far from stable in terms of how it structures its work teams, layout, and procedures. There is lots of change going on pretty frequently. I got only a partial sense of security and stability while working there. They've been around for nearly a decade so I'm surprised they haven't grown more firm than they have.

There are tons of millennials working there with almost no sense of professional decorum and/or social courtesy. At times, conversations out on the floor got loud and disruptive and no one seemed to think that was unprofessional, nor did management do anything about it—as long as it was certain people and not others.

Management takes a very hands-off approach to establishing office decorum. Sure, there's an employee handbook with policies in it, but it's hot-or-miss whether they're enforced. I was glad that the dress code is essentially very casual, but some people showed up in t-shirts eventually.

The office itself is quite run-down, barely if at all decorated, kind of dingy. The carpets are stained and gross. Everything seems very unfinished, like they took over another company's office and did essentially nothing to make it theirs. There are numerous areas where rooms and offices and hallways are being used to store office furniture, computers, and equipment. People's work stations are continually being relocated by a harried IT staff.

Work stations are very cramped and crowded together. Used to have teams working in different rooms, but recently got thrown all together. Having the artists, customer service reps, and proofreader QA people in one room made for a chaotic working environment even if it did facilitate interdepartmental communication somewhat.

I saw what was to me a startling amount of turnover while I was there for a year plus. I often wondered what was making people leave, and got a creepy feeling like they were escaping to better things, and that no one felt like being there for very long.

Advice to Management

Be more involved and visible to the workers, and take a more active role in day-to-day operations. Observe and manage the floor. There was a lot of chitchat going on at times that got loud and disruptive and no one really ever did anything to control it.

Decorate the office. Finish the work stations so they don't feel haphazard. Give each worker a bit more personal space, with a desk that has drawers, rather than just a tabletop (come on!).

4. "Good Pay, Good Hours, Transparent Product"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at CityTwist full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highest salary for sales in Boca Raton. Great hours. Bagels on Wednesdays.

Cons

Limited data segmentation. Few verticles established for their SMB platform. Not the best response rates on campaigns.

Advice to Management

Get more selects. Broaden your product beyond inbox delivery. Make an effort to get more opens and higher CTRs.

"Great Opportunity & Earnings Potential"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CityTwist full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easley earn a six figure income with a warm sale offering a solid product that is non incentive driven.

Cons

The only thing I see that would be considered a con. Might be the there are people in the office that think they have earned a sense of entitlement and rules dont apply to them.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the negative people bring in those who want to work and succeed not sit around all day and do nothing but complain.

6. "Great place for anyone looking to get their foot in the door in the booming digital marketing industry."

I have been working at CityTwist full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work with huge Advancement Opportunity. Benefits are 100% paid for by the company which is a plus. The atmosphere is a fun, exciting, and a casual place to work. With the rapid expansion there is lots of room to move up in the company as we move into different verticals and product lines.

Cons

Not many cons I can think of. We are a rapidly growing company so we are experiencing growing pains but that is to be expected.

Advice to Management

We need more toasters! : )

7. "Continuous Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CityTwist full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in a few different departments and have been a part of constant growth. If you have strengths, they will allow you to use them. Hours are good. Benefits are 100% paid and great benefits. Bagel Wednesdays and a friendly, professional atmosphere.

Cons

No Cons, unless you're not a quick learner. Expectations are set for one to catch on quick, must be sharp.

Advice to Management

Continental Breakfast once a month?

8. "Good company with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CityTwist full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CItyTwist is a good place to work with lots of exciting opportunities. Bringing new customers into a proprietorship is an incredibly important aspect of business and CityTwist's marketing products and services help make that happen for clients.

Cons

To succeed at CityTwist you need to work hard and be good at learning how you can contribute.

Advice to Management

Stay focussed on how to drive more value for clients.

"Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Appointment Setter Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Appointment Setter Manager in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

Talented Management
    Positive environment
    Actual room for advancement
    Great Pay

Cons

Not enough cheese bagles on wednesdays

"Shocked at the the lack of professionalism."

Pros

Good salary (for a South Florida sales job). Good benefits of you stay around long enough to get it

Cons

Lack of respect for employees. Toxic work environment. Discrimination against women and minorities. They try to push people out the door when benefits vest in 90 days. No job security.

Advice to Management

Get new ownership and management. Owner and VP are dirt bags. Especially VP, but stuff rolls down hill as they say.