KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CityVet Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2021

Found 48 of over 48 reviews

3.9
CityVet President and CEO David Boguslawski (no image)
David Boguslawski

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CityVet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

City Vet Oak Lawn

Aug 30, 2021 - Receptionist/Inventory Control Officer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible with your schedule. Great and positive attitudes!

Cons

You might not get paid a lot compared to other places.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share the joy you're experiencing being part of the CityVet family!! Your efforts and appreciation do not go unnoticed!

2. 5.0

Very Rewarding for Hardworkers

Jun 26, 2021 - Animal Care Assistant in Bedford, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Communication is their strong suit 2. Pay is negotiable 3. A good start for anyone interested in Veterinary medicine but is having a hard time getting hired in a fully vet-focused Vet Clinic.

Cons

1. Communication goes both ways. If you don't ask for help, or let them know you have a problem, they can't do anything about it. 2. Standing outside in the heat with over a dozen dogs can be tiresome, but there is an inside dayplay room if it gets too hot. 3. There are periods where everything is very busy and it can be stressful if you don't prioritize what needs to be done first.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We agree - communication is KEY! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate you and your dedication the the people and pets we serve. Keep up the great work!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a Good Experience

Sep 30, 2021 - Lead Animal Care Technician in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the employees are easy to get along with

Cons

Hard to get a decent raise Management at Ruffit is just as bad as management with higher ups Terrible turnover rate Not transparent with customers Management plays favorites and will talk about you to other employees

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We appreciate all you did for the CityVet family and our clients as a Lead ACA with CityVet. Your role is very important to the success of CityVet and we’re grateful for the opportunity to address your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to share a few details about your experience with CityVet. As we read your review, we noted several items we would like the opportunity to follow up on. At CityVet we do not tolerate dishonesty. One of CityVet’s Core Values (Freedom Trough Trust) is based on honesty. To address your comment about CityVet not being transparent with customers we need to know more details to help focus on your concerns. We also noted your comments about management and raises as an area to follow up with you about. Please reach out to us with your contact information at employee.experience@cityvet.com. We would be happy to follow up with you directly. Again, we thank you for your review and the opportunity to better understand your experience.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Career Paths Galore

Aug 3, 2021 - Management in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

career advancement cross-training learning opportunities meaningful work fun coworkers working with pets and people benefits

Cons

short-staffed lowest paying medical profession compassion fatigue distraught clients trying to be everything to everyone

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We appreciate your kind feedback! Thank you for trusting us with your feedback and we will continue to research more ways to help our teams - after all, we have the best team members out there!! #WeAreFamily

5. 1.0

Drama in the office

Sep 26, 2021 - Animal Care Technician in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to watch dogs play. And hour lunch break

Cons

The techs and kennel techs don’t get along. Change of schedule at will not consistent. Never really trained on the job.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

It’s great to see that you’re still part of the CityVet family because that means we have time to help work through your concerns and work to improve your experience as a team member. At CityVet it is important to us that each employee has a positive and truthful work environment. From what you described in your review that doesn’t seem to be what you’re experiencing. Please reach out to the Human Resource team at HRSupport@cityvet.com so we can partner with you to address your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to leave an honest review. We appreciate you! P.S. We agree – watching dogs interact and play is an extremely rewarding part of what we do!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

If you value your work/life balance, try another place

Jul 28, 2021 - Client Service Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got to sit in a chair for most of the day

Cons

Absolutely no training was given to me. Colleagues were awful to new hires and would use profanity towards new hires. I was consistently told I was going to be trained in different areas and was never given that opportunity. Severely overworked because once they hired new people, people that have been working there NEVER showed up for their shifts. Severely mismanaged. Favoritism was often shown.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Here at CityVet we work hard to cultivate a positive work environment for every employee. We would like to connect with you and review your experience in greater detail. Please reach out to the Human Resource department at employee.experience@cityvet.com. Your feedback is invaluable to helping our company culture evolve and mirror our core values. Thank you for trusting us with your feedback. We look forward to furthering this conversation at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

7. 4.0

Good high school job

May 3, 2021 - Veterinary Technician in Frisco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-love the people -really good environment -hours are good

Cons

Honestly just getting a raise is the only con cause it doesn’t really happen

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We're thrilled to hear that being a part of the CityVet family brings you joy! Thank you for all you do, day in and day out. Your efforts don't go unnoticed!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst Job Ever!!

Feb 2, 2021 - Veterinary Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. I have no pros. This place SUCKS.

Cons

I worked at City Vet uptown for years. The do not care about your well-being, the patients, or about anything important. All they care about is tearing people down and letting people get harassed and punishing the person being harassed.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a better employment experience with CityVet. We do not tolerate harassment of any kind and we attempt to provide our team members many avenues to escalate issues and help resolve their concerns without fear of retaliation, including providing access to an Employee Assistance Program. We would love to better understand the specific issues you experienced and what we could have done better to help you. Please reach out to the CityVet HR team at, employee.experience@cityvet.com, at any time to discuss your concerns.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Being an ACA is pretty awesome!!

Jun 6, 2020 - Animal Care Assistant in Flower Mound, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at CityVet because of the flexibility of my schedule, positive moral of the team, new and exciting daily tasks, and the ability to spend every day with animals! I learn something new every shift and all of my coworkers are very welcoming to help with any of my questions or concerns. I always have what I need to a well done job and leave every shift with a smile on my face. CityVet rocks!!

Cons

There are not many cons to this job other than the amount of cleaning you are sometimes faced with. The harsh reality of the job is that you’re working with animals; they cannot tell you their wants or needs so you are sometimes surprised with a bit of a mess to clean up. Whether that’s cleaning up an animals accident, vacuuming excessive amounts of hair, or scrubbing a few kennels, there’s always something to clean!

10. 4.0

4-Star Work Environment

Jun 10, 2020 - Client Service Specialist in Flower Mound, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for Growth and Advancement, Fun Environment, Friendly Team Members, Animal Lovers, Forgiving Management Staff

Cons

Occasional Long Hours, Occasional Fractious Animals, Euthanasias (takes some getting used to if you could ever)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Reviews