Clarabridge Reviews in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

Reston, VA

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Yuchun Lee

Pros
  • Colorful, comfortable workspace with free snacks (in 11 reviews)

• Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has a lot of upper-management that just aren't good at management (in 7 reviews)

• Typical growing pains as any company would have but overall there is not much to complain about (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work with a work hard/play hard company culture. Excellent opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies. The company continues to grow year upon year. In a great location that is metro accessible.

Cons

Not enough resources in the Operations and IT Support teams leads to burnout with the team. Limited training and career development opportunities.

Advice to Management

Put more attention to developing the talent within the Company.

2. "Evolving"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sid was great when he was involved. A core group of solid people at the mid levels.

Cons

Confused company trying to find it's direction

"Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the young people that worked there had great ideas and the product is amazing. The CEO is also super amazing.

Cons

This company has a lot of upper-management that just aren't good at management. Often times I've witnessed racist practices from some of the leadership. Not all but few. I know that some of the leadership has and is changing.

Clarabridge Response

Sep 10, 2016 – SVP Talent and Culture

Clarabridge values our employees sharing ideas and most importantly concerns about perceived inappropriate practices. In his welcome presentation to all new team members, our CEO encourages ... More

"Pathetic Company - Horrible Place To Work"

Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some fun people to work with. You might make some friends there.

Cons

Can't deliver on promise of premise. Product doesn't work, company is desperate in its decision making process and is too easily influenced by politics rather than good business sense.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone that can make good on the promise to the market.

"Highly recommended"

Current Employee - Senior Account Development Representative in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Development Representative in Reston, VA

Pros

-> Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics
    -> Great management who are smart, ambitious, and transparent
    -> Opportunities to travel to trade shows from time to time
    -> Working with senior sales exec for professional development
    -> Strong marketing team that provides great inbound leads.
    -> Standing desks, free food, free coffee machine
    -> Right outside the Wiehle metro
    -> Very competitive base salary and commission plan.
    -> Room to grow in the company

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind. If you are on sales, as a general word of wisdom, be ready to produce and produce fairly fast. There are no short cuts in sales and you have to work haerd

"Solid all around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool staff in a hot industry with a very cool product. Growing pains are there, but it's fun to help pioneer a new industry niche. New CEO has a clear eye on the direction and strategy which has provided stability. Just became a leader in the Forrester Wave for Text Analytics, overlapping with IBM. A small company doesn't overlap with IBM unless what they have is legit. Great to be a leader in the space.

Cons

Made some tough organizational changes recently, and still waiting for things to settle into place. These kinds of growing pains are never easy, but they were necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep plugging away with the new strategy.

"Turned the Corner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge (More than a year)

Pros

The company is seeing great momentum including increased revenues, some cool new logos, and at the same time has hired some top notch execs, like the new CEO and new head of Services. Additionally the CX space is heating up so there is tons of excitement across the board. If you want a place where you can learn and move around to experience different jobs this is it.

Cons

There can be long hours and travel required but that only hurts if the job isn't fun, this one is definitely fun and motivating.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing people to work in their own way as long as they are meeting their goals. Keep the unlimited leave policy. Consider funding a deli in the building or bring in lunch more often.

"Fast Paced, Evolving, Fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge (More than a year)

Pros

- opportunity to work with smart people from all over the globe who believe in what they are doing
    - honest, hard-working people can leave a significant mark
    - products are truly impacting the customer experience realm and momentum is picking up which makes for an exciting work environment
    - great benefits, office space and perks (happy hours, pool/foos, wellness days)

Cons

Clarabridge is a growing company defining itself—leadership has had to sharply focus efforts which can create a bit of unrest but focus is necessary.

Advice to Management

- continue town hall meetings with all hands to communicate goals, company outlook and ways that we can work better
    - continue to push for innovation and thinking beyond the day-to-day

"Fun Place to Make a Difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Clarabridge just over a year now and my experience has really been great. The product itself is amazing and the people working on it are very talented and clearly very passionate about making sure we're delivering the best that we can. There are great opportunities for younger employees to really make a difference and have an influence if they have the drive to do so. The office space is amazing and there's always an opportunity for happy hours. Reston may seem far, but you literally couldn't be closer to the metro.

Cons

Some things can be more bureaucratic than expected given the overall company culture. They've definitely graduated from a start up. There is some favoritism, but for the most part, hard work and a good attitude are rewarded.

Advice to Management

Make sure to be transparent. Salaries need to catch up to market.

"Exciting space, great vision and incredible focus!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

The Customer Experience solution that Clarabridge has developed is what peaked my interest initially. A relatively new field, with such incredible potential! The ability to take feedback sources and deliver tangible actions and recommendations to companies to drive decision making and results to the bottom line, shareholders and their direct customers..... PRICELESS!

After meeting the team and now having been an employee for some time, I'm thrilled I joined the company. The focused vision is being well executed and the team is energized!

Working at Clarabridge is a very rewarding experience!

Cons

Clarabridge is a growing company with tremendous talent, incredible ideas and the potential for great strides ahead. Our challenge is harnessing our incredible talent and prioritizing. So much to do, but focus on our key initiatives and plan must be our job #1!

The pace of work is fast and there are lots of challenges to navigate each day. The ability to think on your feet is critical in this type of dynamic environment.

Not for the type that needs consistency or a routine type of work environment.

Advice to Management

Communication has been improving, which is great. It keeps us all really motivated and helps us prioritize with company goals.