Clarabridge Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2020

3.5
Clarabridge CEO Mark Bishof (no image)
Mark Bishof
Pros
  • "In addition to renovating our work space and providing standing desks, Clarabridge boasts free snacks and beverages - including fruit(in 13 reviews)

• "Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "If done by upper management or high-level performers, this behavior is all but tolerated and ignored(in 9 reviews)

• "The great work/life myth that is "unlimited PTO" falls short when free time is spent catching up on unpaid duties that benefit no one but superiors(in 5 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Clarabridge product is incredible. Competitive base salary, awesome commission structure, expectations clearly laid out, and management is incredibly supportive and dedicated to helping you succeed.

Cons

I don't have a single negative thing to say about this company.

Continue reading
  2. "Good product & training. Questionable work environment & ethics."

Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Top-notch training for Account Development. You will become a better communicator via phone/email or you'll fail. Aggressive pay for hitting your metrics.

Cons

Limited target audience to go after in companies specifically managing global customer experience. Drastically limiting outreach for target accounts & eventually can become a problem hitting quota month over month.

Continue reading
  3. "Growing Industry and Product"

4.0
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great flexibility and growing product

Cons

Prioritizes sales over services

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - ADR in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/Life Balance Flexible Hours Pay Part of the benefits (the medical benefits could be better) People Culture Outings Swag Constantly stocked fridge and snack bar

Cons

Haven't found one yet. So keep doing what you're doing.

"Uncomfortable work environment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product in a growing industry, unlimited PTO, fun company culture with awesome employees, and opportunities to learn from and work with other teams. Diverse, but lack of women in leadership.

Cons

Very obvious company politics. Unprofessional management with poor leadership skills, and lots of favoritism/protection, primarily around people who have been with the company since its early days. High turnover rate on marketing team and stingy when it comes to backfilling positions. Very siloed and cliquey, lots of finger pointing, and lack of communication across team. Expressing concerns to management goes nowhere and often gets invalidated.

September 25, 2019Director, Talent and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. It’s correct that we currently don’t have any female members of the executive team, that being said, we have a growing number of females in senior leadership positions who we fully expect to continue their career progression with Clarabridge. We pride ourselves on a culture of inclusivity, collaboration, honesty, transparency and open access to our entire Executive team. We are sorry to hear that you feedback and concerns were not addressed and know that this is not common Clarabridge norms. However, you mentioned that our leaders need proper management training, based on the results from our annual Voice Of The Employees survey, which had 95% participation rate, “Satisfaction with direct manager” and “Senior management (CEO, VPS, Directors) cares about the employees at Clarabridge” were rated amongst the top three highest scores. Of course, there is always room to develop and grow our leaders but it wouldn’t be fair to disregard overall satisfaction across the entire organization based on your unique experience. Again, thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best in your next role.’

6. "Overall really good place"

4.0
    Former Employee - Business Consultant

I worked at Clarabridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people working at Clarabridge are really great and the culture is friendly and welcoming.

Cons

There's strong diversity at Claarabrige, but not many women in higher positions. The executive team is all men and, when questioned about it, the CEO got very defensive.

"Would not recommend"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The product(s) themselves are powerful tools. Industry leaders in terms of technology - Modern-feeling environment. Very clear that a conscious effort is made to stay current with what is trendy within the tech office space (i.e. open space aesthetic, standing desks, treadmills, video game consoles in the kitchen, etc.) - Talented team, generally good people on the floor. Your team members alone will make you want to run through a wall. The role can be difficult, there is a genuine level of excitement from your counterparts when you are doing well. - As is the case on the office itself, money is well spent on tools and resources to help make employees more effective

Cons

- Despite the money invested in creating a relaxing, contemporary office culture, it is an uncomfortable place to work. There can be a bit of a hierarchical feeling within the building. Of course this doesn't speak to everyone, but condescension and belittlement are not uncommon in team or one-on-one meeting environments. If done by upper management or high-level performers, this behavior is all but tolerated and ignored. - Hours can be spent on administrative tasks fulfilling the needs/wants on upper management with little to no appreciation expressed. The great work/life myth that is "unlimited PTO" falls short when free time is spent catching up on unpaid duties that benefit no one but superiors. - HR interactions are equally awkward. Not particularly helpful once the on-boarding process has been completed.

April 15, 2019Director, Talent and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. Although we greatly appreciate and agree with all of the “pros” you listed, it’s difficult to read the “cons”. With each Glassdoor review, we have the ability to look at ourselves from a different angle, and with you as a former employee thank you for taking the time to let us know your perspective. This is the feedback that helps us drive forward.

"Clarabridge Management = Clowns, Internal Politics, AVOID this sinking ship."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are looking for a place to be the top performer on your team this is it because all sales people fail so at least you will be a big shot on a small ship.

Cons

Management from a previous gig talk about "getting the band back together". This is especially true of top sales management. Only problem is the band was never really that good, the audience has thinned and they are playing with old, broken instruments.

April 15, 2019Director, Talent and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Sales is by far one of the hardest careers to pursue, and we do pride ourselves on recruiting top sales talent. This has been demonstrated with our recent successes, particularly within our West region. Within all of our departments, whether it’s through aptitude and/ or experience, our mission is to hire folks who share the same common vision, and values, to move the company and the individual forward. Looks like this wasn’t the right fit for you and we wish you all the best with your new role.

"Clarabridge....the leading customer experience company"

Current Employee - Sales in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Clarabridge for approximately 17 months in a sales capacity and could not be more encouraged in working with our customers, technology and team members. Clarabridge has an excellent leadership team and vision and is executing well on all fronts. Clarabridge is a very challenging and rewarding place to work

Cons

I haven't found anything to complain about after 17 months.

April 13, 2019Director, Talent and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review – great to have you on the team!

"Best speech analytics solution out there"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It’s exciting to be part of an organization that has the best technology and roadmap in a new and emerging space. The company has experienced tremendous growth in the last 20 months and is reallly starting to differentiate itself from its competition. It’s exciting to be part of this growth and everyone in the company is very motivated and focused on talking us to the next level.

Cons

Since we are “somewhat” new to the speech analytics and contact center world, our name brand awareness is low. This will change in the next 12-24 months as we really accelerate our efforts in this space.

April 15, 2019Director, Talent and Culture

Thanks for the review! As you mention it’s an exciting time here at Clarabridge and we look forward to continuing on our momentum with new capabilities in the speech analytics and the contact center. Great to have you onboard!

Found 118 reviews