Clarabridge Reviews

Updated Mar 8, 2021

3.8
Clarabridge CEO Mark Bishof (no image)
Mark Bishof
Pros
  • "In addition to renovating our work space and providing standing desks, Clarabridge boasts free snacks and beverages - including fruit(in 13 reviews)

• "Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If done by upper management or high-level performers, this behavior is all but tolerated and ignored(in 9 reviews)

• "The great work/life myth that is "unlimited PTO" falls short when free time is spent catching up on unpaid duties that benefit no one but superiors(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Engineering Leadership respects engineers

Sep 18, 2020 - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've found myself to be well heard and respected in this company throughout my short stay here. The tech is good but still growing, so there's lots of opportunity to make an impact. I like my managers, so overall it's a pretty good company to work for.

Cons

Multiple teams overseas, so it can be hard to work with the time difference. Location could be better.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company even better timing

Mar 8, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a straight edge approach with all the tech perks we love. The CXA product has been leading the industry for quite some time which makes it easier to sell and the Engage product is quickly gaining market share in the US. This company is doing phenomenal work and is building a successful business model, regardless of what's going on in the economy I've always had a sense of job security which can't be said for large companies that are in huge amounts of debt or overvalued. If you work well remotely you will succeed here and most importantly learn new skills to add to your arsenal. I genuinely believe we have two special products and if we continue on this trajectory we will become a global household name.

Cons

The company is still small so the resources of larger companies aren't here - I think this applies more to remote workers. If you work at the HQ in Reston I think you have a much easier onboarding. With that said once you navigate through the beginning clutter, you will love it. I think this isn't unique to Clarabridge but just challenges that naturally come with companies getting out of that startup phase.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Product and Culture

Aug 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Forrester Wave leader time and time again... the company has grown into a staple of the CX space. They are investing in their development and hiring key, strategic people to continue to grow. The company has done an incredible job during Covid to keep employees included, engaged and has been very understanding and supportive of the parents working from home. They seemed to be ahead of the curve for the remote working transition which made it much easier on the employees.

Cons

Some information can get lost in translation while working remotely, but this is to be expected during a shift in remote working.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good product & training. Questionable work environment & ethics.

Apr 16, 2020 - Account Development Representative in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top-notch training for Account Development. You will become a better communicator via phone/email or you'll fail. Aggressive pay for hitting your metrics.

Cons

Limited target audience to go after in companies specifically managing global customer experience. Drastically limiting outreach for target accounts & eventually can become a problem hitting quota month over month.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0

Not recommended

Jul 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product with lots of potential, but management gets in the way of the company's success

Cons

Company culture is sexist, hierarchical and intolerant to dissent or ideas outside of those driven by the management team. Huge egos abound in leadership and thwart identifying and addressing issues with unethical practices in the company. Managers, including top executives, are often condescending and rude to people, undermining employees by a thousand cuts. Underlying it seems to be an insecurity with the company and themselves. Heavy workloads and poor treatment of employees abounds. Favoritism is rampant.

11 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0

Would not recommend

Mar 26, 2019 - Sales in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The product(s) themselves are powerful tools. Industry leaders in terms of technology - Modern-feeling environment. Very clear that a conscious effort is made to stay current with what is trendy within the tech office space (i.e. open space aesthetic, standing desks, treadmills, video game consoles in the kitchen, etc.) - Talented team, generally good people on the floor. Your team members alone will make you want to run through a wall. The role can be difficult, there is a genuine level of excitement from your counterparts when you are doing well. - As is the case on the office itself, money is well spent on tools and resources to help make employees more effective

Cons

- Despite the money invested in creating a relaxing, contemporary office culture, it is an uncomfortable place to work. There can be a bit of a hierarchical feeling within the building. Of course this doesn't speak to everyone, but condescension and belittlement are not uncommon in team or one-on-one meeting environments. If done by upper management or high-level performers, this behavior is all but tolerated and ignored. - Hours can be spent on administrative tasks fulfilling the needs/wants on upper management with little to no appreciation expressed. The great work/life myth that is "unlimited PTO" falls short when free time is spent catching up on unpaid duties that benefit no one but superiors. - HR interactions are equally awkward. Not particularly helpful once the on-boarding process has been completed.

18 people found this review helpful

Clarabridge Response

Director, Talent and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. Although we greatly appreciate and agree with all of the “pros” you listed, it’s difficult to read the “cons”. With each Glassdoor review, we have the ability to look at ourselves from a different angle, and with you as a former employee thank you for taking the time to let us know your perspective. This is the feedback that helps us drive forward.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Uncomfortable work environment

Sep 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product in a growing industry, unlimited PTO, fun company culture with awesome employees, and opportunities to learn from and work with other teams. Diverse, but lack of women in leadership.

Cons

Very obvious company politics. Unprofessional management with poor leadership skills, and lots of favoritism/protection, primarily around people who have been with the company since its early days. High turnover rate on marketing team and stingy when it comes to backfilling positions. Very siloed and cliquey, lots of finger pointing, and lack of communication across team. Expressing concerns to management goes nowhere and often gets invalidated.

13 people found this review helpful

Clarabridge Response

Director, Talent and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. It’s correct that we currently don’t have any female members of the executive team, that being said, we have a growing number of females in senior leadership positions who we fully expect to continue their career progression with Clarabridge. We pride ourselves on a culture of inclusivity, collaboration, honesty, transparency and open access to our entire Executive team. We are sorry to hear that you feedback and concerns were not addressed and know that this is not common Clarabridge norms. However, you mentioned that our leaders need proper management training, based on the results from our annual Voice Of The Employees survey, which had 95% participation rate, “Satisfaction with direct manager” and “Senior management (CEO, VPS, Directors) cares about the employees at Clarabridge” were rated amongst the top three highest scores. Of course, there is always room to develop and grow our leaders but it wouldn’t be fair to disregard overall satisfaction across the entire organization based on your unique experience. Again, thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best in your next role.’

8. 5.0

Fantastic Company to Work For

Oct 31, 2019 - Account Development Representative in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Clarabridge product is incredible. Competitive base salary, awesome commission structure, expectations clearly laid out, and management is incredibly supportive and dedicated to helping you succeed.

Cons

I don't have a single negative thing to say about this company.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing Industry and Product

Jan 6, 2020 - Engagement Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility and growing product

Cons

Prioritizes sales over services

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Oct 23, 2019 - ADR in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance Flexible Hours Pay Part of the benefits (the medical benefits could be better) People Culture Outings Swag Constantly stocked fridge and snack bar

Cons

Haven't found one yet. So keep doing what you're doing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 Reviews