Clarabridge Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Mark Bishof

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • In addition to renovating our work space and providing standing desks, Clarabridge boasts free snacks and beverages - including fruit (in 13 reviews)

• Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has a lot of upper-management that just aren't good at management (in 8 reviews)

• Typical growing pains as any company would have but overall there is not much to complain about (in 5 reviews)

1. "Mostly good"

Former Employee - Senior Operations Engineer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Modern, convenient, cool office in a great location.
    People you enjoy being around.
    Small perks that add up: free snacks, good beer always stocked, company functions with good food, outings to baseball/go karting/paintball
    Some really cutting edge technology

Cons

Unclear prospects for IPO/buyout and thus value/timeline for cashing out options
    Serious understaffing and as a result burnout in certain departments, while
    Apparently relaxed, come-late-leave-early attitude in others
    Upper management needs internal discipline

Advice to Management

I was impressed with Yuchun's ability to get to the bottom of major issues, set direction and actually follow through with his decisions. It broke a pattern of good intentions never turned into a reality that plagued the company for a long time. I hope Mark Bishof can run a similarly tight ship. Sort out how recent acquisitions are working and cut losses if necessary. Several recently hired upper managers have no respect of people reporting to them, thus cannot inspire nor lead their teams. These teams would do better with a temporary lead chosen out of more experienced members until a qualified person can be found.

2. "Making a difference!"

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clarabridge is a solution that gives its customers incredible insights to drive key business decisions. Listening to everything, everywhere, all the time is how companies need to operate to stay competitive and truly connect with their customers. Clarabridge enables companies to do that and differentiate themselves in their markets.

Cons

While we can tackle many industries and business areas, we need to focus for growth and scale. We're on the path to do this, but it's been hard to figure out where/how to focus.

Advice to Management

Keep soliciting the ideas of your great talent - we care!! Our collective passion and experience is making a difference!

Thanks for believing in us!

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent and Culture

We completely agree that we have great, passionate talent within Clarabridge! We are part of a very exciting market segment which means that we’re frequently fine tuning our strategy and plans to... More

3. "Enjoy coming to work every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible work hours
    - Comfortable place to work
    - Free snacks
    - Lots of team outing (baseballs games, pizza parties, etc.)
    - Right off of metro
    - Summer months very flexible
    - Great people - some of the best in the industry
    - Fair pay, great healthcare and benefits
    - Empowerment to make decisions based on skill set and expertise

Cons

- If you drive in, toll road is almost a requirement
    - Have to go to town center for lunch and now you have to pay for parking... so just pack your lunch.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent and Culture

We want to ensure that we create a Company where employees can enjoy a great experience and it looks like we’ve managed to give you that! It’s important that our employees enjoy coming into work... More

"Troubling organization"

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some solid professionals in customer facing roles and in product managament.

Cons

CEO has no clue as to foundations of the company and or the products and services the company sells..He has created poisonous atmosphere and much of the marketing and sales leadership lack the foundation and or testicular fortitude to maintain a positive perception of internal morale, not to mention a declining perception of the company by many of it's leading customers. Old Microstrategy politics still create internal challenges

Advice to Management

Terminate CEO's as well as fire CRO contract and reinstate founder and CEO in temporary leadership role till the board can identify a suitor to acquire the company.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent and Culture

While of course this is difficult for us to read and know that we have an employee in our organization who feels this way, we do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Our... More

"High potential company"

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

Smart people, great market, terrific product.

Cons

Need conviction and hard work here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Run. Don't walk away from this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The product is okay. Low expectations

Cons

I could write a War and Peace type of book on this. Lets start with the management: A new CEO for the second time in as many years has left many people in the organization disillusioned and unsure of the viability of the company. I will say the product is good but very difficult to implement, expensive to maintain, and very narrow focused. The political fighting at this company is second to none, old guard vs new guard playing petty games. The CEO has come in with big promises and going IPO, he is all about making himself look good. There is no accountability here, people are in cya mode and to collect a check.
    You would be better off working at a local Dominos

Advice to Management

Sell the company while you have a chance.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent and Culture

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are a feedback company, so we are extremely appreciative of feedback from our employees, both good and bad. We would encourage you to connect with your... More

"Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work with a work hard/play hard company culture. Excellent opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies. The company continues to grow year upon year. In a great location that is metro accessible.

Cons

Not enough resources in the Operations and IT Support teams leads to burnout with the team. Limited training and career development opportunities.

Advice to Management

Put more attention to developing the talent within the Company.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

Empowerment. Flex time. Telecommuting. Personal responsibility. Exciting technology in a growing market.

Cons

Growing, rapidly-evolving company. Many wrinkles need to be ironed out, but this also creates many opportunities for improvement and recognition.

"Evolving"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sid was great when he was involved. A core group of solid people at the mid levels.

Cons

Confused company trying to find it's direction

"Politics and weak management"

I worked at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

Colorful, comfortable workspace with free snacks. Near the metro. The product is interesting and the company has some good clients.

Cons

I agree with the other reviewers that politics and favoritism rule. It's usually not about what is best for the business, but what is best for people's careers. People lie left and right to make themselves look good. I also agree with the other reviewers about weak leadership and how they micro-manage. For such a small company, the number of vice presidents and directors is shocking. But if you want an inflated title, this could be good for you. There are hardly any cross functional meetings. Everything happens in silos and all decisions are made by the department heads. There is no room for career development unless you are a favorite.

Advice to Management

Your people are leaving left and right. Human resources should make it a priority to retain talent, so hire an HR team who can do that. Take a close look at senior management and question their decisions. You have many reviews where people talk about politics, favoritism and week management so it's time to take a close look there.