Clarabridge Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Yuchun Lee

Pros
  • Colorful, comfortable workspace with free snacks (in 11 reviews)

• Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has a lot of upper-management that just aren't good at management (in 7 reviews)

• Typical growing pains as any company would have but overall there is not much to complain about (in 5 reviews)

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

Empowerment. Flex time. Telecommuting. Personal responsibility. Exciting technology in a growing market.

Cons

Growing, rapidly-evolving company. Many wrinkles need to be ironed out, but this also creates many opportunities for improvement and recognition.

2. "Evolving"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sid was great when he was involved. A core group of solid people at the mid levels.

Cons

Confused company trying to find it's direction

"Politics and weak management"

I worked at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

Colorful, comfortable workspace with free snacks. Near the metro. The product is interesting and the company has some good clients.

Cons

I agree with the other reviewers that politics and favoritism rule. It's usually not about what is best for the business, but what is best for people's careers. People lie left and right to make themselves look good. I also agree with the other reviewers about weak leadership and how they micro-manage. For such a small company, the number of vice presidents and directors is shocking. But if you want an inflated title, this could be good for you. There are hardly any cross functional meetings. Everything happens in silos and all decisions are made by the department heads. There is no room for career development unless you are a favorite.

Advice to Management

Your people are leaving left and right. Human resources should make it a priority to retain talent, so hire an HR team who can do that. Take a close look at senior management and question their decisions. You have many reviews where people talk about politics, favoritism and week management so it's time to take a close look there.

5. "Contracts administrator"

Pros

Great work environment. Everyone is will to help if they have time. They know how to treat their employees. Comes with a free gym underneath the office.

Cons

Not much room for growth. Still a growing/new company. Need to manage their financials better and keep good employees.

Advice to Management

Share the workload and communication. Too many things get changed and not communicated to everyone on different teams.

"Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the young people that worked there had great ideas and the product is amazing. The CEO is also super amazing.

Cons

This company has a lot of upper-management that just aren't good at management. Often times I've witnessed racist practices from some of the leadership. Not all but few. I know that some of the leadership has and is changing.

Clarabridge Response

Sep 10, 2016 – SVP Talent and Culture

Clarabridge values our employees sharing ideas and most importantly concerns about perceived inappropriate practices. In his welcome presentation to all new team members, our CEO encourages ... More

"Indecisive leadership"

Pros

Flexibility to work from home, great people, work life balance

Cons

Sr leadership can't make decisions. There is little recognition for going above and beyond, unless the CEO knows you by first name.

Advice to Management

Have honest and open communication with your employees. Have a recognition program that is fair. Make decisions and be consistent.

"Pathetic Company - Horrible Place To Work"

Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some fun people to work with. You might make some friends there.

Cons

Can't deliver on promise of premise. Product doesn't work, company is desperate in its decision making process and is too easily influenced by politics rather than good business sense.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone that can make good on the promise to the market.

"Fast Paced, Evolving, Fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge (More than a year)

Pros

- opportunity to work with smart people from all over the globe who believe in what they are doing
    - honest, hard-working people can leave a significant mark
    - products are truly impacting the customer experience realm and momentum is picking up which makes for an exciting work environment
    - great benefits, office space and perks (happy hours, pool/foos, wellness days)

Cons

Clarabridge is a growing company defining itself—leadership has had to sharply focus efforts which can create a bit of unrest but focus is necessary.

Advice to Management

- continue town hall meetings with all hands to communicate goals, company outlook and ways that we can work better
    - continue to push for innovation and thinking beyond the day-to-day

"Highly recommended"

Current Employee - Senior Account Development Representative in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Development Representative in Reston, VA

Pros

-> Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics
    -> Great management who are smart, ambitious, and transparent
    -> Opportunities to travel to trade shows from time to time
    -> Working with senior sales exec for professional development
    -> Strong marketing team that provides great inbound leads.
    -> Standing desks, free food, free coffee machine
    -> Right outside the Wiehle metro
    -> Very competitive base salary and commission plan.
    -> Room to grow in the company

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind. If you are on sales, as a general word of wisdom, be ready to produce and produce fairly fast. There are no short cuts in sales and you have to work haerd

"Very disappointing. Not worth the daily headaches."

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

The product is interesting to work on (when it functions) and you can work with big companies across lots of industries. Office renovation means the company spends money on "keeping up appearances" and as an employee you can have a cool desk and free snacks. I will say there are some truly excellent people on the front lines at Clarabridge-- people who work incredibly hard and are not recognized for their successes.

Cons

I couldn't be more disappointed with the way Clarabridge has declined in the past year and a half. These are not new problems but they have spiraled out of control and show no signs of improvement.

The product cannot keep up with any promises that Sales sells or even the Product team touts. Purchasing random small companies to "increase" our offerings is a terrible idea when we can't deliver on what our own product does.

Employees on the front lines are often worked to the absolute bone. Teams are beyond just "lean", as the company likes to say, but instead are drowning sometimes with two or three headcount under what they need.

The senior management team is the most disappointing of all. VPs are hired like candy and offered huge salaries while the upper mgmt ignores the past-urgent need for employees half their salary (eg: consultants, project managers, trainers, etc.). The C Levels have no idea what the product does let alone how poorly it functions sometimes.

Priorities at Clarabridge are completely out of whack. Instead of hiring people we need, we spend tens of thousands on elaborate conferences and company meetings at lush hotels. Instead of investing in the product we sell, we are buying companies that do superfluous things. Instead of asking for employee feedback on benefits, providers, etc. we are presented with "revamped" plans that don't fit the needs or lifestyles of those who pay and use them.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who are screaming for relief, help, assistance, and recognition. You can't ask us to pour in 60 hour weeks without expecting the level of turnover we are experiencing now and painfully little hope for improvement.