Clarabridge Reviews | Glassdoor

Clarabridge Reviews

2.0
Mark Bishof

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • In addition to renovating our work space and providing standing desks, Clarabridge boasts free snacks and beverages - including fruit (in 13 reviews)

• Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has a lot of upper-management that just aren't good at management (in 8 reviews)

• For such a small company, the number of vice presidents and directors is shocking (in 4 reviews)

"Politics and weak management"

I worked at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

Colorful, comfortable workspace with free snacks. Near the metro. The product is interesting and the company has some good clients.

Cons

I agree with the other reviewers that politics and favoritism rule. It's usually not about what is best for the business, but what is best for people's careers. People lie left and right to make themselves look good. I also agree with the other reviewers about weak leadership and how they micro-manage. For such a small company, the number of vice presidents and directors is shocking. But if you want an inflated title, this could be good for you. There are hardly any cross functional meetings. Everything happens in silos and all decisions are made by the department heads. There is no room for career development unless you are a favorite.

Advice to Management

Your people are leaving left and right. Human resources should make it a priority to retain talent, so hire an HR team who can do that. Take a close look at senior management and question their decisions. You have many reviews where people talk about politics, favoritism and week management so it's time to take a close look there.

"Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the young people that worked there had great ideas and the product is amazing. The CEO is also super amazing.

Cons

This company has a lot of upper-management that just aren't good at management. Often times I've witnessed racist practices from some of the leadership. Not all but few. I know that some of the leadership has and is changing.

Sep 10, 2016 – SVP Talent and Culture

Clarabridge values our employees sharing ideas and most importantly concerns about perceived inappropriate practices. In his welcome presentation to all new team members, our CEO encourages... More

"Very disappointing. Not worth the daily headaches."

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

The product is interesting to work on (when it functions) and you can work with big companies across lots of industries. Office renovation means the company spends money on "keeping up appearances" and as an employee you can have a cool desk and free snacks. I will say there are some truly excellent people on the front lines at Clarabridge-- people who work incredibly hard and are not recognized for their successes.

Cons

I couldn't be more disappointed with the way Clarabridge has declined in the past year and a half. These are not new problems but they have spiraled out of control and show no signs of improvement.

The product cannot keep up with any promises that Sales sells or even the Product team touts. Purchasing random small companies to "increase" our offerings is a terrible idea when we can't deliver on what our own product does.

Employees on the front lines are often worked to the absolute bone. Teams are beyond just "lean", as the company likes to say, but instead are drowning sometimes with two or three headcount under what they need.

The senior management team is the most disappointing of all. VPs are hired like candy and offered huge salaries while the upper mgmt ignores the past-urgent need for employees half their salary (eg: consultants, project managers, trainers, etc.). The C Levels have no idea what the product does let alone how poorly it functions sometimes.

Priorities at Clarabridge are completely out of whack. Instead of hiring people we need, we spend tens of thousands on elaborate conferences and company meetings at lush hotels. Instead of investing in the product we sell, we are buying companies that do superfluous things. Instead of asking for employee feedback on benefits, providers, etc. we are presented with "revamped" plans that don't fit the needs or lifestyles of those who pay and use them.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who are screaming for relief, help, assistance, and recognition. You can't ask us to pour in 60 hour weeks without expecting the level of turnover we are experiencing now and painfully little hope for improvement.

"Had Potential but not sure where they are headed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, good work ethics, good managers, snacks, pretty office location, great teams

Cons

company is broke, not a lot of room for professional growth, standard processes aren't followed

Advice to Management

focus and reward good employees, allow for more trust with employees, dont micromanage

Jan 25, 2016 – SVP, Talent & Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad you had a positive experience while working for Clarabridge. We have had explosive growth over the past few years, and while we are not... More

"If work is your life, this is the place for you."

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO really is wonderful and very likable, which is rare in the corporate world. His goal is to maintain the start-up feel even as the company grows, which is charming if not entirely idealistic. They work very hard to create a corporate culture that tries to be inclusive and fun and try to sate you with lots of free food and snacks. Their strongest asset really seems to be the culture, they spend a lot of time, money, and effort to cultivate it. Overall the people are nice, but it is an odd mix. There seem to be plenty of opportunities and they are always hiring. The workspace is modern and interesting, they provide exercise balls, treadmill workstations, and standing desks.

Cons

Outside of the CEO, the rest of the executive team is questionable at best and they hand out VP titles pretty arbitrarily. The downside to the pros above are that they spend so much time working on their culture and their image, that the basic ins and outs of how to run a company get sacrificed and it creates a ton of unnecessary stress. Part of the reason they are always hiring is likely due to people leaving, which has picked up of late. It seems like every week we find out someone is leaving, including upper level management. They have complete disregard for the concept of work-life balance and expect you to always be "on" and the demands on response time are unrealistic. I suspect they would try to argue that by how "fun and awesome" it is to work here, but even if you love your job I can't imagine anyone wanting that to be their whole life. I'm no slouch, I get my work done and manage my time effectively and it still doesn't seem to be enough. And the modern workspace is certainly cool looking, the open floor plan actually creates more distractions. There is no privacy at all, you have to hunt down an empty conference room if you need to take a phone call and need quiet.

Advice to Management

All of the happy hours and corporate events in the world won't improve morale if you keep beating your staff into the ground and expect them to be on call for you around the clock. Respect boundaries when employees set them and understand that not everyone is married to their job. Listen when told about processes that aren't working or when suggestions are made that would make things run more smoothly.

Oct 2, 2015 – Talent Brand Specialist

This is incredibly valuable feedback for us to have-- thank you for taking the time to share! While the success of our customers remains one of the highest company priorities, we also adamantly... More

"Solid Startup With Below Average Management"

Pros

Salary, 401k and benefits
    Office environment and culture
    On-site parking

Cons

Out of touch management and C-Level executives
    The market is completely up for grabs, they are not the industry leader as self-proclaimed
    No opportunities for career growth

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

Sep 22, 2015 – Talent Brand Specialist

Change is sometimes slow to happen across organizations-- particularly ones growing as quickly as we are-- but rest assured we have heard you loud and clear and have numerous resources dedicated to... More

"Turnover!"

Pros

Company had some relatively good perks. Convenient office space (next to the metro, right off the toll road), decent pay, formerly they had a company wide yearly trip to a tropical location (as they grew this would inevitably be limited to a "Presidents Club"), tons of snacks/soda, access to a gym (albeit a bit small, but always empty so you could get a good workout in). The CEO is a great leader and a nice guy. I know saying the latter part of that makes him look soft, but he was genuinely a guy you wanted to work hard for because he treated all employees with respect.

Cons

There is a total disconnect between the upper management, sans the CEO and a handful of other people (almost all of them outside of sales), and the general employees. It is a case of my way is the right way! Which obviously promotes little to no creativity. The sales story they give is different than reality, and the reason why they have well over 50% turnover on the team this year alone. READ THAT AGAIN! I don't care what you are selling, you are not going to succeed if you cannot keep employees. Sales Management cannot retain them for a reason (which it would be difficult to point to just one, but most of the blame has to fall on them). Lastly no matter what they say, this space is saturated with players both big and small and the F1000 companies they target often prefer to do this in-house which will limit their growth. IF they become a publicly traded company, I would be curious to see their numbers. The amount of customers they say they have vs. the revenue coming in doesn't match. Recruiting does bring in fresh talent....but what company in this area doesn't do this/claim they have the brightest talent working for them.

Advice to Management

The CEO/Board will have to address the sales structure. The model they have in place does not work!

Jan 13, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Clarabridge is proud to provide a positive work environment where creativity and accountability are encouraged. Also, we hear what you’re saying about turnover, but your numbers are off. Our... More

"Management is too stretched"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I gained experience in a fast growth area, customer experience management

Cons

junior mgt grow into too senior of a position

Jan 13, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Clarabridge is proud to be a fast-growth company that promotes impact players into management roles. We’re excited to be making big investments in the professional development of our team in... More

9. "Poor Management Team to Support Growth of the Company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Larkspur, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Larkspur, CA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to learn about the hospitality industry via daily interactions with clients. There are some exciting changes and sale successes happening to the company.

Cons

Boring work, cubicle atmosphere and sometimes hard to make it through the day, juggling between multiple hats - set up platform, answer phone calls and respond to tickets. Every minute detail on the platform has to set up through 20+ internal web-based tools.

Management does not show enough appreciation to hardworking employees and is cheap on salary. No bonus and promotion.

Many employees went online shopping and Facebook during work.

"Unreliable Management and too much work load"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are "some" nice people that you can rely on during working hours but that's about it

Cons

Way too much work load.
    Unprofessional management
    Hire and fire attitude
    Unreliable technology
    Slow platform

Advice to Management

Upgrade your products so we don't have to lie to our clients