Clarabridge Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 15, 2017

5.0
Mark Bishof

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Colorful, comfortable workspace with free snacks (in 12 reviews)

• Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has a lot of upper-management that just aren't good at management (in 7 reviews)

• Typical growing pains as any company would have but overall there is not much to complain about (in 5 reviews)

1. "Enjoy coming to work every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible work hours
    - Comfortable place to work
    - Free snacks
    - Lots of team outing (baseballs games, pizza parties, etc.)
    - Right off of metro
    - Summer months very flexible
    - Great people - some of the best in the industry
    - Fair pay, great healthcare and benefits
    - Empowerment to make decisions based on skill set and expertise

Cons

- If you drive in, toll road is almost a requirement
    - Have to go to town center for lunch and now you have to pay for parking... so just pack your lunch.

"Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work with a work hard/play hard company culture. Excellent opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies. The company continues to grow year upon year. In a great location that is metro accessible.

Cons

Not enough resources in the Operations and IT Support teams leads to burnout with the team. Limited training and career development opportunities.

Advice to Management

Put more attention to developing the talent within the Company.

"Highly recommended"

Current Employee - Senior Account Development Representative in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Development Representative in Reston, VA

Pros

-> Exciting industry of customer experience and text analytics
    -> Great management who are smart, ambitious, and transparent
    -> Opportunities to travel to trade shows from time to time
    -> Working with senior sales exec for professional development
    -> Strong marketing team that provides great inbound leads.
    -> Standing desks, free food, free coffee machine
    -> Right outside the Wiehle metro
    -> Very competitive base salary and commission plan.
    -> Room to grow in the company

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind. If you are on sales, as a general word of wisdom, be ready to produce and produce fairly fast. There are no short cuts in sales and you have to work haerd

"Solid all around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool staff in a hot industry with a very cool product. Growing pains are there, but it's fun to help pioneer a new industry niche. New CEO has a clear eye on the direction and strategy which has provided stability. Just became a leader in the Forrester Wave for Text Analytics, overlapping with IBM. A small company doesn't overlap with IBM unless what they have is legit. Great to be a leader in the space.

Cons

Made some tough organizational changes recently, and still waiting for things to settle into place. These kinds of growing pains are never easy, but they were necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep plugging away with the new strategy.

"Turned the Corner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge (More than a year)

Pros

The company is seeing great momentum including increased revenues, some cool new logos, and at the same time has hired some top notch execs, like the new CEO and new head of Services. Additionally the CX space is heating up so there is tons of excitement across the board. If you want a place where you can learn and move around to experience different jobs this is it.

Cons

There can be long hours and travel required but that only hurts if the job isn't fun, this one is definitely fun and motivating.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing people to work in their own way as long as they are meeting their goals. Keep the unlimited leave policy. Consider funding a deli in the building or bring in lunch more often.

"Top Notch Interviewing Staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

I was referred to Clarabridge from another employee (friend) and was immediately quite interested in the position and company. From the very first phone call I had with the recruiter I felt welcome and grew more excited with each subsequent phone call. Scheduling issues aside with travel obligations from my previous role, it was all very smooth and fast. The interview took place one week, and I had an offer two weeks later. They met exactly what I was asking for with salary and was immediately welcomed with open arms upon starting with the company. I would absolutely, without hesitation, recommend Clarabridge as a place to work. The company culture is amazing, the HQ offices are gorgeous, the benefits are outstanding, and the people are truly wonderful. I'm 100% happy I made the career move when I did. I can see myself being very happy here for a long time.

Cons

I am still too new!

"Enjoyed my time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great culture
    upward mobility
    cool technology
    good compensation + bonus
    solid leadership
    free food and sodas
    work/life flexibility
    unlimited vacation days
    fun work environment

Cons

the organization restructured a bit, but they are headed in the right direction

Advice to Management

keep investing in employees and strategy and the successes will continue

Nov 2, 2015 – Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! We're so glad you enjoyed your time with Clarabridge and wish you the best moving forward.

"Very good environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

The culture at Clarabridge is highly motivated, fast-paced, and adaptive. The company is growing quickly, and everyone involved truly wants to help the business and its customers succeed. Atmosphere is ambitious but not overly stressful.

Cons

WiFi at HQ is sometimes spotty.

Advice to Management

Higher management should work to improve communication with the company as a whole. It is easy to become completely absorbed in one's own department and lose sight of the vision of the company.

Sep 22, 2015 – Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're so glad you've found a culture that you love and a job you find motivating and rewarding. Keep it up!

9. "Best. Internship. Ever."

Current Intern - Talent & Culture in Reston, VA
    Current Intern - Talent & Culture in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Clarabridge is an innovative and fast growing company that maintains a small start up feel. The product is so cool, but the people are cooler. The company holds its culture code very dear to its heart, and that really shows in just about every employee I met while working here. There are insanely great perks, the office is beautiful and its somewhere I'm excited to show up to everyday. I will miss the people and the company so much when I head back to school, and I'd jump at the chance to work there in the future!

Cons

None at all. Probably one of the best places I'll ever work!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people who fit in with the culture. It's one of the best parts of the company.

Sep 22, 2015 – Talent Brand Specialist

Thank you for your fantastic review! Learning and development is an ingrained part of the culture here at Clarabridge and it was so rewarding to have a chance to share that with our interns this... More

10. "Clarabridge Intern Program"

Current Intern - Clarabridge in Reston, VA
    Current Intern - Clarabridge in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge as an intern

Pros

People at Clarabridge are a joy to work with. Everyone has been very friendly and helpful to me, and I've been treated with appreciation and respect. As an intern, I've been put on projects with full time employees, and given plenty of relevant and interesting work. Plus, Clarabridge has a great mentor program for the interns. My mentor has been great. She helps me any time I have questions on projects or need advice, and she has made sure that I feel welcomed in the office. Overall, the culture at Clarabridge is amazing, and I would definitely recommend interning or working here.

Cons

This is the first year of their intern program, so a few of the planned intern group events have been a little disorganized. Also, the traffic to get to the office is not great, but traffic is pretty inevitable in Reston.

Advice to Management

Keep up with maintaining the amazing culture. The culture of Clarabridge and the people are definitely what make them stand out from the pack.

Sep 22, 2015 – Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review your intern experience with us! We're glad you felt it was a summer well-spent. We are tracking all our feedback from the program religiously and will be sure to... More