Clarifire Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Jane Mason

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Being a small, privately owned company, Clarifire has many opportunities for hard-working, driven individuals (in 6 reviews)

• There is very much of a family feeling with the company, and yes it is very fast paced (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles have challenges keeping good work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• No work life balance, very very high turnover, frequent lay offs (in 6 reviews)

"Pays well; strong political environment"

Former Employee - Solution Designer
    Former Employee - Solution Designer

I worked at Clarifire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Actively recruits top talent so your peers are best in class
    Nice office
    Spontaneous social events to boost morale
    New starter training is robust

Cons

Clique-y and nepotism is evident
    Some roles have challenges keeping good work-life balance
    High turnover
    People are fired for seemingly minor reasons or for disagreeing/upsetting owner
    Software is proprietary so might be pigeonholing your skill set

2. "run, run while you can"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Clarifire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people get hired, don't last. You are work abused; your time is their time with no extra compensation;

Cons

Exec mgt has no idea what goes on the work floor; Bullying, cursing, clichés, nepotism, open favoritism.

Advice to Management

your middle management is leading you astray. try getting out in the open and talking to the underlings once in a while

"Mixed bag."

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Clarifire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can bring dogs. Or, at least you could while I was there. For SQL server technologists, there may be a habitable zone in otherwise toxic company. You can take initiative and make things happen in the area CEO doesn't really understand. There are some good managers who struggle to create habitable environment for the underlings, with varying degree of success.

Cons

This CEO instills culture of fear. You look at the CEO wrong and you never know what happens next. Also, they apply "eat your own dogfood" attitude too seriously, and they make you use the homegrown software written for dealing with mortgage loans gone bad, to record your work, log times and manage projects, which is incredibly stupid and painful. It serves no purpose than to stroke the ego of the CEO to "prove" how versatile the software is - which in fact is disproving it; People quit over the forced use of this software.

Advice to Management

Two things; be nice and emotionally stable. Then, don't force Clarifire on employees. There I fixed it.

"DON'T go to interview, trust me. Just walk away."

Pros

20 word minimum so I'm just writing words. Thankfully I never worked here but I did have an interview, which is more than enough.

Cons

I read ALL the reviews here on this place before I got into the interview. There were absolutely horrifying, but I was convinced that every place had bad reviews (and what the heck, I was kind of desperate for a job). The interview consisted of a woman interviewing me for a few minutes, then another woman came in, then they both left and another woman came in, and then a 4th woman joined her. All 4 women asked the same questions, making me repeat myself over and over again.

Long story short, I asked them about the reviews they've received. They actually convinced me that they had improved their ways of doing things over the years, and that it wasn't a place that fires you for speaking out or disagreeing with anyone in the inner circle. I didn't get offered the job because I "wanted to help grow the business, and offer ideas to help improve". I realize I should have kept my mouth shut in the interview and only said "I'll do whatever you want, I'm a sheep, whatever you say goes, I bow down to the CEO Jane" etc. I was literally the perfect candidate for the position I applied for, but because I verbally said I didn't want to work with favoritism, passive agressiveness, and rudeness, they said I wasn't the right fit. Even though in the first half of the interview, they loved all of my answers. It was only when I started asking about the inner workings of the company and the fact that I said I want to "grow" the company (instead of only do what I'm told) when they asked what I want out of the job, that costed me the offer. They said I wasn't the right fit in the end, even though I had experience in everything they were looking for (job is very multifaceted) and I'm very charismatic.

I even emailed my main interviewer thanking her for her time and to please let me know why I wasn't a fit so I could improve for future interviews. I never got a response...It goes to show how rude all of these people are. I didn't work a day in that place and I pray to God you don't either. I hope this place crumbles and all the entitled, passive aggressive, untalented "management" gets off their high horse and gets a job at Panera where they belong. The interview was a waste of my time, but I feel compelled to help you not waste yours.

This is a place where you only stand management because you can't afford to quit or you'll die on the street. It's not a place to work willingly by any means, and I didn't even work there! I read the reviews, and witnessed everything that was said in them, just from my interview alone! That's how you can tell a place is no good, when the old women in management reek with narcissism.

Advice to Management

Sell the business to someone who can actually run it and hire good quality management that has empathy, heart, a sense of humor, and is self motivated. Don't lie to apllicants and tell them the reviews are untrue! It's all true and is STILL true, even the reviews from 5 years ago. Have respect for your applicants and the decency to respond to them. For the love of God, retire and let the younger woman that helped interview me go. Don't let her turn into the sour goats you other women are after working there for 17 years. Do us all a favor and CLOSE the business, you can't run it properly if you don't know how and don't treat your employees with care and respect. You're wasting everyone's time, all to act out your power hungry fantasies of being in control of people. You are sheeps, the people you hire are sheeps (or liars who said everything you wanted to hear) and your company will inevitably fail when there are more businesses out there that hire talent that "grows their business". I hope when these businesses are more prevalent, your employees can escape and rebuild their self esteem and disconnect from the robot you made them.

Really take a good look at the all reviews (minus the good ones you made people write) and let it sink in instead of turning a blind eye. Your business and management is absolutely terrible, and I wouldn't wish working for you on my worst enemy. You can't teach an old dog (ALL of management) new tricks, so like everyone else suggested, sell your business instead of trying to fix it.

5. "Every company has ups and downs"

I worked at Clarifire full-time

Pros

A great team of people who work well together

Cons

Mixed messages on direction of the company, lack of communication from leadership down

6. "Potential Potential Potential!"

Current Employee - Upper Management in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Upper Management in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Clarifire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

An interesting company where things are always changing. This is one of the best environments for personal growth and achievement. There is a kind, family atmosphere that lends itself to flexibility and potential to go places you could not in that 9-5 big company.

Cons

Yes you may have to go the extra mile and you may have to work hard but If you want to work someplace that will be a good career boosting experience than Clarifire is it.

Advice to Management

Keep growing in new areas. Keep open the opportunities for employees to succeed.

"It looks tempting, but it`s a trap - RUN AWAY !"

I worked at Clarifire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well.. since i have to fill this field.
    1. Free classes on Pro-Feminism
    2. Free classes on man-hating
    3. The ability to see how NOT to run a company by a childish feminist dictator wannabe

Cons

MASSIVE bigotry, favoritism, ignorance, lack of trust towards ANYONE except 2-3 women in top management.
    There are no decisions you make, only orders by the supreme leader.

Advice to Management

Giving any advice to management of this company is like building a wall with sand.
    At the end you`ll give up tired, beaten and angry at yourself you even tried in the first place.

"KEEP LOOKING - DON'T TAKE THIS JOB"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Clarifire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few good people at the company.

Cons

This company has no advancement opportunities. Good employees are leaving as quickly as they can find jobs elsewhere. They have lost entire sections of people in recent months. They have employees writing fake reviews to bolster their ratings. I truly wish I had believed these reviews BEFORE I started working here-I never would have started. BIG MISTAKE. Do not go to work at Clarifire. Any recruiter who sends people to Clarifire should be ashamed. Keep looking...don't take this job!

Advice to Management

Do your best to bring work in. Let the managers and other employees run the company and the work.

""Sinking Ship""

I have been working at Clarifire full-time

Pros

The pay is good (golden handcuffs) and some great people to work with (with the exception of "the man" and her cronies).

Cons

"Leadership" has no idea what the other hand is doing.

Losing clients with no new ones lined up; I'm not sure how the company is even staying afloat.

Over promises and under delivers on products/services.

High turnover = poor morale

Having your own people write fake reviews to boost your ratings should tell you everything (alternative facts).

Advice to Management

Owner needs to check her ego and let the people she hired as experts in their field do their jobs.

10. "Growing Company with Many Opportunities!"

Pros

Being a small, privately owned company, Clarifire has many opportunities for hard-working, driven individuals. Each person has the ability to define their own direction and contribution to the company. Hard work is definitely rewarded! Management is open to ideas and every person can have an opinion that is heard. The company culture is also what keeps me coming back each day. I love the people I work for and with and it is for them, and our clients, that I strive to do my best.

Also, for a small company, there are very good benefits.

Cons

Being a small company does have its drawbacks as it requires some long hours to support responsibilities to its clients. In addition, the direction the company takes is sometimes governed by client needs vs. company desired initiatives.

Advice to Management

With the ever changing economic environment, there are impacts to the company that drive necessary change. Continued open communication as to the decisions on the direction of the company will continue to build a solid company culture.