Clarins USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jonathan Zrihen

Pros
Cons
  • The great compensation and work life balance that the fake reviews mention is a total joke (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management acts as if they are in Mean Girls (in 7 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Pros

good pay, new equipment like tablets and I phones make it easier to do job. Supportive manager. More time with top executives then other brands have. In my region we have a lot of Paris visitors too. We even had the owner in my stores.

Cons

Some of the stores are very small and the business is going to other retailers. Also need new products and new brand images. Newer makeup brands have lots of trendy products. Bonus isn't very good.

Advice to Management

Keep coming out with new products. Make sure brand doesn't look to old. The annual raises could be better.

2. "Great"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Clarins USA (More than a year)

Pros

Let's you work independently

Cons

Non thing that I can remember

Advice to Management

None

3. "Associate Manager Digital Operations and Innovations"

I have been working at Clarins USA full-time

Pros

nice office
    support vacation and holidays

Cons

No clear communication from upper management

"Not good."

I have been working at Clarins USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Clarins has great products and some really nice people that work there. The owners are amazing and the people from the other subsidiaries treat me very well and respect me.

Cons

My experience in the Manhattan office- you cannot confide in HR because they show favoritism to some, gossip and they do whatever they are told even if they find it unethical. The bad reviews from Clarins are very accurate. Clarins does not welcome fashionable dress and they also watch every little thing you do ...every little thing. Some get away with a lot-can take tons of cigarette breaks, others cannot. Others are watched like a hawk.

There's a ton of gossip and a ton of bullying. If you don't partake you'll be outcasted by "the gossip girls" of the office.

Favoritism here exists. There are some very happy people at Clarins making very very good salaries. Some have started at a low title and now they're at a high title making a ton of money and given great opportunities and it's really great to see that. The bad thing is not everyone is given an opportunity even if you qualify -even if you have seniority-which isn't fair.

Advice to Management

Have strong, fair and non emotional upper management. Have a work life balance for the employees & a good culture within the company. This all stems from open ears, open hands and open minds from the right upper management which Clarins lacks.

"Disgusting company to work for. Run far far away!"

I worked at Clarins USA full-time

Pros

The products are beautiful, some people in the NYO are nice. Location is central, close to trains. This is about the nicest thing I can say about this company.

Cons

Where do I start? All the negative comments you read are TRUE. Higher management is a joke, especially the ones who run in the office trying to be a part of everything and doesn't know one good thing about how to truly run a company. Clarins isn't what it used to be in terms of corporate culture and it's because of one person who came in and until this day tries to take part in every department although there is no expertise.

People get promoted while they don't do any work, and are on Social media all day just because of favoritism, while the ones who do work hard are never recognized. No wonder half the company left this year. It really is disgusting!

HR Is a nightmare. A complete joke. They will never help an employee when there are issues at bay. They partake in this favoritism and turn the other cheek when problems arise between departments and employees. Nothing is ever done by them except walk around the office to see who is dressed accordingly!

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be fired. Bring in someone who really is a professional in the industry along with HR. They are a complete joke!

7. "Clarins Specialist"

Former Employee - Clarins Specialist
    Former Employee - Clarins Specialist

I worked at Clarins USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gratis was very generous. They will hire anyone because no one else wants to work for this company. They create new positions all the time and then change it a few months later.

Cons

This position is a brainless opportunity. If you have managment experience, this will dumb you down. All that you do is 'Recruit' beg people to buy products all day. No coaching or training the staff.

Advice to Management

Focusing on pulling people to sit does not make an enjoyable shopping experience. People now don't want to be harassed as they shop!

8. "Amazing products, amazing people!"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Clarins USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The products are truly excellent quality so it's guilt free selling because you know they are healthy for the skin and they really drive results for your clients skin! The best and most thorough training from start and throughout the seasons.

Cons

Ok maybe just retail hours could be seen as a con if you don't like that type of scheduling. However I work at Carsons and they are great at making sure you get some weekends off and are super fair with the schedule.

Advice to Management

Maybe a bit more support for our account executives because they cover a ton of stores and it's hard for them to support every single person so maybe account coordinators could help them out a bit more. My account executive is awesome...just saying.

"Believe the Negative Reviews!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Clarins USA part-time

Pros

Clarins skincare and body products are amazing. The price of the products may be a little bit higher than some of the other options but they are well worth it and it's a luxury skincare line.

Cons

Poor management/executive/directors. Very inexperienced! Goals are outrageous. They come into the store and get Starbucks, act like their busy, add no value. Don't bother coming in the store if you're just going to stand and stare. Do something!

Advice to Management

It wouldn't matter.

"Great products, hostile environment, do not go there."

Current Employee - Sales in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Miami, FL

I have been working at Clarins USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The products are great. The offices are centrally located, some nice people working there. You get free products but not very often.

Cons

The environment is hostile and very aggresive. You work there with a permanent fear. Upper management is under qualified, very unrespectful and rude.

Advice to Management

Your business is falling apart, and it will continue like that, until you start caring and respecting people.

11. "sale support"

Pros

everything and everyone is great

Cons

Not much con. this place is good