Clarity Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Jeff Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing Internship Experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Clarity Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

From my first day as an intern at Clarity, I never doubted that my work was valued. Every consultant, manager, and partner that I interacted with demonstrated their interest in my personal and professional growth and showed a commitment to my experience that I did not expect from a company of Clarity's size. I was given challenging work, frequent feedback, and the freedom to test my skills. People at Clarity are interesting and genuinely seem to care about the projects and people they work with.

Cons

I didn't have any notable grievances while at Clarity. People are smart, friendly, and committed to personal growth. Employees at Clarity should be comfortable working both independently and in teams as needed.

"Great place for junior engineers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership from partners, always looking to provide more benefits to employees. Good variety of projects and technologies.

Cons

Lack of formal training for management positions. Experienced employees tend to leave the company after a few years, leaving a large amount of junior developers on teams.

Advice to Management

Focus on attracting more experienced employees.

"The best job I've had"

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management seems to firmly believe the best way to deliver great product to clients is to hire the best employees, take care of them, and give them the support they need. The result is that you come in to work with a bunch of happy, smart people who care about doing good work. The firm is very successful and there are good opportunities to grow your role. This place made me realize how terrible the other places I've worked are.

Cons

There isn't a lot of hand-holding here, so it can feel a bit disorienting. It's also a positive, since you won't be micro-managed.

4. "Dream Job"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company culture. I've not experienced any "office politics" here, everyone is very willing to take appropriate blame and give credit where credit is due. Most importantly, everyone is available and willing to help.

Cons

Growth is largely self driven, so if you are not personally motivated it can be tough to improve. Additionally, there is a disconnect between teams working out of the office v on client site.

Advice to Management

Increase the transparency of long term planning. It can be frustrating to hear you acknowledge issues and say "we're working on it", but then never hear any concrete follow ups.

"The 'Cool' Tech Company"

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company literally gives you money to keep your tech chops fresh. Projects touch so many different technologies that keep your tech skills relevant to what's out there. Great perks--free snacks and refreshments, company paid for gym membership, monthly happy hours at various popular locations within the Chicago area, provide you with latest technology for workstations are just some worth mentioning. The people are awesome and approachable, from the consultants to HR to upper management. I wanted a job that I would enjoy going to everyday that would also give me valuable experience in software development--Clarity gives me just that.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a clear track on how to grow your career with Clarity. Clarity has a more flat organizational structure. There are pros and cons to this, but if you show plenty initiative and communicate with management on what your career goals are, they will try to work with you on achieving those goals.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and approachable. I have great trust in your ability to lead the way!

"Truly one of a kind company"

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A uniquely employee-centric consulting firm, Clarity constantly looks to hire brilliant and creative individuals, and begins to grow them to meet their full potential starting day one. Clarity offers many non-traditional benefits to its employees to help maintain work-life balance and overall satisfaction in their role. A rich and engaging flow of work from an exciting list of clients keeps every day in the office fulfilling and interesting.

Cons

The day-time hours can be somewhat anti-social as everyone works on their various engagements. This can be somewhat painful as there are so many cool projects being worked on. Luckily, Clarity sponsors monthly happy hours as well as other in-office social events so that we have the opportunity to connect with one another.

Advice to Management

I am confident with you at the helm, keep rockin'

"High Standards = Excellent Motivation"

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From day one, I felt my team expected nothing less than my best work. This keeps me motivated, engaged, and makes me feel valued. It's easy to rise to the occasion when surrounded by high-achieving individuals who care about their work and the impact they make. I spent so much time at my last job trying to get people to CARE.

I was often bored at my last job and frustrated with upper management's red tape when it came to redefining old processes. I haven't yet experienced that at Clarity, and I don't think I will. Someone is always willing to listen to a new idea, and innovation is welcomed.

I like the office's open layout. I got to know everyone very quickly. Nearly everyone here is sociable and fun.

Cons

Like any job, there's the occasional issue, but nothing stands out as a con worth mentioning. Overall, Clarity Consulting has been a great place to work.

Advice to Management

It's working! The CEO greets everyone by name, and it's easy to pop into a partner's office to talk shop. I have received plenty of feedback about my work since day one as well.

"I left and regretted it, so I came back."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Consulting (More than 5 years)

Pros

I previously worked at Clarity Consulting for about five years. I found it to be a great place to work, especially for someone who was early in his career. I feel like I was able to grow a tremendous amount as a professional in a short amount of time while I worked there. The work was challenging but not overwhelming. My coworkers were reliable and professional. Many of them are among the smartest people I have met. Management gave me opportunities to take on greater responsibility and advance my career.

Unfortunately some circumstances in my personal life prompted to me to make a change, and I went to work elsewhere for about two years. While I was working for other companies I missed many things about my time at Clarity. Most noticeably I came to appreciate how good the management was at Clarity. I was significantly more stressed in my daily life while working elsewhere, which I attribute largely to ineffective management.

Earlier this year I heard about an opening at Clarity Consulting and decided that I needed to return. I have been back for a little over six months now and I am very happy with my decision. I enjoy my work again and I am happy to be back among such brilliant people.

Cons

Many of the people working at the company are early in their careers. This places a lot of work onto those in the company with more experience to maintain quality and to facilitate growth of the less experienced people.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on making Clarity a great place to work while putting more emphasis on retaining experienced employees.

"Overall Great Place to Work and Learn"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Small teams which make it easy to get answers and identify problems quickly. Also everyone I worked with was very willing to help and explain their process. Everyone is a team player and there are no office politics or pointless red tape.

- Upper Management is open to suggestions and they work directly on projects so they are all still very connected to the day-to-day.

- Many perks that make it easy to work here (flexibility in work hours, you can expense the hardware and software you need, no restricted access to your laptop, free soda and snacks)

- After work social events (different sports teams, social outings and monthly happy hours)

- Good compensation and benefits

Cons

- Because the company is still relatively small and moving fast some processes are not documented very well. Oftentimes when you have a question it comes down to finding the one person who worked on that project and knows all the details or testing stuff on your own.

- Because of the way projects are structured you'll probably end up working with the same small group of people a lot, which is great if you get along, but sometimes it can feel a bit segregated.

Advice to Management

So far very happy with management, just continue being transparent about the business.

"Great for personal growth"

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time

Pros

New challenges every day across a lot of disciplines. Though the company's expertise is mainly within the MSFT stack there are many devices under the windows umbrella. Server, Web, Desktop, Tablet, Phone, Xbox.

It's great working with the designers here. You'll get to talk about pros/cons about different design choices.

It's great experience being exposed to estimating projects and interacting directly with clients. Building confidence with your internal team and training others. You'll also get to be involved in hiring new people.

A lot of my experience is that your offered more opportunities as you become a rockstar at your current responsibilities.

Every raise for me has exceeded my expectations.

Cons

It's hard being a perfectionist here. Working with different project types with different clients and budgets will require a flexible mindset and toolset.

Processes are always evolving here and that's a pro and a con. There is opportunity to lead thought in a lot of areas but sometimes make you frustrated that there isn't a set way of doing things. There is a ton of work going into addressing this though and I think we are moving in a good direction.

Clarity Consulting Response

Sep 18, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Thanks for the review, this helps paint a picture of the great amount of exposure you receive as a Consultant and the countless skills you learn, both technically and personally as a leader!