Clarity Insights Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Clarity Insights CEO Tom Thimot
Tom Thimot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company with a singular focus to be a best-in-class data and analytics consultancy (in 10 reviews)

• Great culture, focus on big data analytics (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Projects can be fast paced, time intensive (pro) but difficult at times to maintain work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Some expected growing pains, when you go from 10 employees to 300 (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great culture and growth opportunity.."

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Better than any Big 4 in my opinion in this space.
    - Good compensation and learning opportunities
    - Great space to be in for next few years

Cons

I can't think of anything major for now but they can certainly improve by implementing good knowledge sharing tools internally

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Dec 8, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition - Financial Services & Insurance

Thanks for taking the time to review us! It's a great observation that we are different than the Big 4 since we specialize in Data & Analytics. Demand for that expertise continues to increase. We... More

2. "Former employee, awesome place to work"

I worked at Clarity Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, the culture and the people. Second, the content of the work. I thought big picture company goals and current company status were well communicated (keep it up). If you want a place to start a career in data analytics, I really can't imagine a better place to start.

It was a hard decision, but I left Clarity to pursue an unrelated career path.

Cons

Travel was the only con for me. However, if you like the work/travel lifestyle, they take care of you well. It was a con for me, but I don't think it has to be a con for everybody.

Advice to Management

As you grow, continue to make the home office(s) a desirable and accommodating place to come to on non-travel days to develop inter-Clarity bonds.

Clarity Insights Response

Apr 5, 2017 – Director Talent Acquisition - Industries, Strategy and Cloud Architecture

We appreciate the review of your experience at Clarity and wish you much success in your new role. It highlights some of our core assets - culture, people - with a realistic perspective on the travel... More

"I am glad that I left"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Clarity Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros. Any random tech companies in the bay area have far better perks than Clarity Insight.

Cons

I totally agree with some of the reviews that Clarity Insight constantly hiring and firing people and I am not sure what is going on with this consulting company. Why are you firing people from the some teams then trying to recruit the same kind of people the next day? After observing this trend of Clarity Insight for about three months, I decided to accept another offer to join another company right after finishing a project because I just can't take the uncertainty. There is no advanced notice or even a small hint that you would be laid off based on what I heard from several former co-workers. Furthermore some management people are not foreigner friendly. There was one time one manager picked on my English accent. I was like seriously? Also my manager definitely played this old school game called "teacher's pet". I mean you don't have to do it so obvious that literally everyone in your team could tell who is your favorite employee. So glad I am done with this company now.

Advice to Management

a. Give two weeks notice when firing people. b. Train your team leads properly. c. Don't treat your employees like trash if you can't squeeze any more values out of them.

Clarity Insights Response

Apr 20, 2017 – Director Talent Acquisition - Industries, Strategy and Cloud Architecture

Clarity is committed to diversity and treating all employees with dignity and respect. I would strongly encourage you to reach out to our CEO or COO to discuss your concerns. Every employee that... More

4. "Former Employee, Nothing But Praise"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Clarity Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, I very much enjoyed my time working at Clarity. I was with the firm for about 4 years, and truly enjoyed going to work almost every day. Leadership puts a lot of focus on each employee's career growth, spending time and energy ensuring that employees are matched with clients that are aligned with their skill sets and career goals.

The perks were great, and I took full advantage of the flexible vacation plan. The best part of my experience with Clarity, however, were the people I worked with. Clarity hires a very high caliber of people, both skill-wise and personality-wise. I found that on every project I was staffed on, there was always a more experienced consultant that would be willing to help teach skills, discuss the industry, or offer mentorship. I made some great friends working for the firm over the years, whom I still keep in contact with even after leaving the company.

Clarity also offers a ton of opportunity for career growth. Each employee is paired with an official mentor within the company, who acts as a point of contact for any questions or issues you may have. They also check in with your project managers to hear about your contributions to the project, so that they can give you feedback or discuss growth points. Clarity has a very structured and accessible internal promotion process where this sort of feedback, as well as your client work and earned certifications, are taken into account. The skills and milestones needed to reach the next level are very clearly communicated, and I appreciated that transparency.

It was a difficult decision to leave Clarity that ultimately came down to points having nothing to do with my opportunities at Clarity. It was a great place to work.

Cons

Travel, often to not very glamorous places, is part of the job. Most projects require weekly travel, so you have to be prepared for that lifestyle in order to enjoy this job. I also felt that compensation was not quite competitive with other consulting firms in the industry. And, as a note, leadership has changed recently, which never personally affected me but could mean some organizational or cultural changes in the future.

Advice to Management

The people you hired years ago have stayed with the company because of the amazing culture, so don't abandon the environment or values as compromise for company growth. Continue to hire well-rounded, smart, and likable people, which can prove difficult as you have to hire faster and faster to keep up with the growing company. And focus on transparency, keeping employees updated and informed about organizational changes.

Clarity Insights Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Director Talent Acquisition - Industries, Strategy and Cloud Architecture

Thank you for very much for taking time to review us on Glassdoor. In addition to this post, we owe you a debt of gratitude for helping Clarity Insights grow to the company it is today. Without... More

"If you're on a project; making the company money, you're in good shape"

I worked at Clarity Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great coworkers. most are nice and smart
    - traveling was great
    - depending on the client, work is interesting

Cons

- forced to get a certification
    - during time on bench, you're not really kept up-to-date on projects' statuses
    - told last minute of lay-offs
    - some people have their own cliques within the company, it's easily seen

Advice to Management

Tell employees far in advance for chance to be laid off. Do not require certifications just to become a partner with certain companies. Make better use of the employee's time on the bench. Have better communication between people on the bench and upcoming project status.

Clarity Insights Response

May 2, 2017 – Director Talent Acquisition - Industries, Strategy and Cloud Architecture

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear that you made strong connections and enjoyed the travel/project work - these are all great benefits of being a consultant. We appreciate your... More

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every consultant is very friendly and cares about the people around them.

Cons

when at a project, you can feel neglected by the company

Feb 17, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition - Financial Services & Insurance

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. It’s a blessing to have great people to work with on projects. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, our people are our... More

"Typical mid-sized consulting firm trying to be Big 5 in all the wrong ways"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Clarity Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of great talent, pool of big-name clients, advanced analytics work, some really great people.

Cons

Weak project/client management leads to extra long hours as a delivery resource -- "hero coding" is expected, not an emergency last-ditch effort. Add to that the 90-100% travel, and things at home get rough before too long. Very little apparent alignment between employee skillsets and project assignments. Way too much bench churn -- hiring too many resources for a given demand, then mass firing months later when demand subsides.

Feb 9, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition - Financial Services & Insurance

As a former employee, we especially value that you have taken the time to post a review and give us feedback. So thank you for your opinion. Consulting is a tough business no matter how you evaluate... More

"Great first job - depends on client placement"

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Clarity Insights (More than a year)

Pros

Great training for new graduates, they seem to hire good people who are enjoyable to work with, flexible work schedule

Cons

I personally ended on a bad experience because I did not enjoy my second placement. I was placed on a client working on a ticket queue; basically just fixing anything that would come up with their database. When I started at Clarity I enjoyed it mainly because of the team I got to work with at my first client.

Advice to Management

If you know a role is tedious/un-fulfilling work especially without a team - don't leave people in these roles too long.

Feb 16, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition - Financial Services & Insurance

Thank you for your feedback on Clarity Solution Group. It is gratifying to know that you enjoyed the Leadership Development Program for new graduates. It's a great way to start your career in... More

9. "Can be a fit for the right person"

I worked at Clarity Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clarity Solution Group is very focused on ensuring that their employees can contribute from the first day on assignment. The leadership development program (LDP) helped me understand the scope of problems I would face as well as the technological hurdles that I might face on the job.

I would recommend the LDP path to any entry level employee as it provided an excellent picture of what services Clarity offers as well as how I might fit into their culture

Cons

At times the work was somewhat mundane and tedious, but this should be expected out of any job. In the end, it wasn't the best fit for me as I felt that the data they help companies acquire and utilize seems invasive.

Advice to Management

Continue to ensure the growth of the employee. In retrospect, if there was the potential of working for a not for profit or helping an educational institution on a quasi-regular schedule my conscience might not have been such a loud voice in my head.

Jan 13, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition - Financial Services & Insurance

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our Leadership Development Program. We celebrated our fifth anniversary this year, and we take a lot of pride in helping our associates be... More

"A Place for Talent to Shine"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clarity consistently shows why they are an exciting, rapidly-growing organization to be a part of. It feels like every member of the organization has an opportunity, if they choose to take it, to make a meaningful contribution to the growth of the organization. Consultants can grow their skills through training and internal efforts that go beyond their day-to-day client responsibilities, and they have the option of pursuing or leading the effort that is most important to them.

Cons

Like a growing consultancy, Clarity hires aggressively for project pipeline demand. Sometimes this results in a temporary bench. Clarity can do a better job of managing bench time and expectations for folks on the bench. Also the shift to big data technologies, like Hadoop, has made technology skills development a requirement to career growth. Clarity does a good job of providing training but does not clearly outline where the highest demand areas are.

Advice to Management

Provide guidelines and advice that will help folks understand the impact of the training they take on their career development.

Dec 8, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition - Financial Services & Insurance

It's great to get detailed feedback on what our company feels like for an individual. I am excited to learn that you feel like you can shine! We invest in training and internal projects so we can... More