Clarity Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Tim Ranney

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting Work, Collaborative and Friendly Employees, Competitive Salaries, Puppies on Wednesday!

Cons

The data products are hard to get a handle on for new employees. There is a ramp up time that may feel frustrating.

Advice to Management

Management clearly cares about the employees. My recommendation is to continue to talk one on one with your employees to get their perspective.

"Yeah, it's bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time

Pros

despite having an incredibly low morale, it's not a sweatshop atmosphere. do your job and no one will bother you.

benefits are decent for the TB area. pay is pretty good.

Cons

awful leadership. everyone seems so confused and disorganized across the entire company.

it's absolutely mind boggling how many people are unqualified for their positions as either individual contributors, but especially managers.

for a data company, there's an incredible amount of turnover (usually the good people) in the technology-related departments. if you're a programmer or analyst, don't bother applying. this would only be a stop-over.

Advice to Management

stop promoting unqualified people into middle management roles. you've dropped morale to an all time low. well done.

"Copywriter"

Former Employee - Copywriter in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Copywriter in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Clarity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked under Susana Walls when I worked at Clarity Services in the marketing department. Clarity gave me everything when I had nothing. They took me in, let me experiment with new mediums, gave me a small budget to try LinkedIn advertising, and gave me a chance to flex my wings.

In truth, the marketing department was allowed to experiment and grow their careers within reason. For a small company, they made big efforts to see you succeed.

When I was there, benefits were great. More than a single dude in his early 20s knew what to do with.

Cons

We never had formal reviews while I was there. I never go the opportunity to say "Here's all the cool things I've done while I've been here!"

I think that was the only con.

Advice to Management

I'm glad the marketing department was restructured, but I hope you guys have formal reviews these days. It goes a long ways toward making people feel wanted and valued even if you can't give raises at the moment.

"Horrible Company"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to bring your dog to work on Wednesdays

Cons

Everything else about this company. Horrible atmosphere, terrible benefits, high turnover rate, terrible management. Literally a terrible company

Advice to Management

God help you

"IT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Clarity Services (More than a year)

Pros

Good Medical Benefits. Come and go as you please IF in the Right Department. Slack Dress Codes.

Cons

IT evolves around Development. Operation's is OK but lacks respect and Compensation.

Advice to Management

It takes all Department to be Successful so treat them all equally with Flexibility and Compensation.

"Honest Opinion of Clarity"

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

Pros

If you were single, you paid next to nothing for health insurance. PTO is generous. Work hours are flexible. The workforce is small so you have direct access to executive-level team members. Lunches are provided for staff frequently.

Cons

There is no growth potential or raises unless you are taken under the right person's wing.
    Pay is below average.
    High level of attrition and it's very clear that you are replaceable.
    Nepotism is a huge problem and destroyed morale.
    Departments are often pitted against each other.
    There is a real lack of organization, budgeting and strategic planning of any kind.

Advice to Management

Each and every person should be working towards the success of the company. This was not the case in my time there and departments were often pitted against each other. One of the issues may have been the amount of people who insisted upon doing things their way only. I would suggest finding a way to unify the departments, perhaps establishing rigid policies and procedures that don't currently exist. Invest in strategic planning so unforeseen circumstances could be prepared for. Take a lesson from the analytics team. It was apparent that during my time there, they were the only ones who truly knew the products and industry inside and out.

"Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Clarity Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Administrative Manager (my boss)

Cons

Petty, inconsistent Human Resources. The administrative team was overworked and under-appreciated.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent across departments. Value your invaluable administrative team. Don't cut corners.

"Great company with awesome people"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Clearwater, FL

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Great management
    Awesome team
    Good benefits

Cons

Pay could be better
    ...but its Florida

"Disorganized Data Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Clarity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would love the health insurance if I were single. Prices are even more outrageous if you have children.

Very nice office

Met some great folks that taught me a lot during my time with this company. If you are wise you leave on your own and do not stay long.

Real talent lives in the IT,product, and analytic departments.

Work hours are flexible at times especially for sales

CEOs jokes are hilarious

Cons

Sales team is safe for eternity. This company builds them up to be superior to everyone in the organization.
    Compared to other organizations I have worked for they are horrible! Their only real skill is they can push work off and pick up a dinner tab. Can not do their job that is to sell data and rely on the CEO or product to sell everything. The CEO likes it this way. Often thought of an inside joke within the company.

Senior management are all employed due to the fact that they were close friends with the CEO at previous times

Some jobs are pointless meaning employers can freely pick up a paycheck and put 20 hours of work in a month. Lack of any structure. Did I mention paid monthly.

raise or bonus= forget it

Your pay will get cut or you will get cut when the company hits a rough patch.

Advice to Management

You let the CEO direct your job. Start establishing process and clean up disorganization within every department. Professional growth plans are appreciated.

11. "Interesting place to work."

Former Employee - Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

Pros

*It's a small workforce, everyone knows your name.
    *Pay is decent, unless you're in sales then it's great.
    *Job expectations are clear.
    *Opportunities to learn are there if you're willing to seek them out.
    *Upper management is very present and active in day to day operations.

Cons

*Communication is poor.
    *Professional growth potential is low.
    *Change of any kind is unlikely.
    *It's run like a one man show.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees what is going on in the company, offer career advancements or even job sharing of some kind, stop favorite playing and stop flying by the seat of your pants.