Clarity Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Tim Ranney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Terrific Place To Work, Challenging, No place for punch in punch out mentalities"

Current Employee - Marketing Sales Analyst in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Sales Analyst in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are so intelligent, the products are top of the line and the CEO really has a vision for where he wants to go.

Cons

Lack of younger people in the workplace

2. "Things are changing at Clarity"

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

Pros

- Reasonable compensation

- If you're on the right team, you are given a large degree of autonomy to do your job however you see fit to, and a lot of flexibility in that.

- Free food at times, free soda, coffee.

- (Most of) the people are intelligent, friendly, and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

-Clarity was recently acquired by a much, much, much larger company. There is a lot of uncertainty and confusion as to what is going to happen, and where people will end up, and if the company will even exist in the next 18 months. I would recommend staying away if you were thinking about applying for a job here. As far as the rest of the cons, and really the pros too - take with a grain of salt. Everything is changing a whole lot, very quickly.

- There seems to be a serious lack of leadership, strategic planning, or even just direction in general. There is no road map, there are no stated goals, there is no planning, at least that I am aware of.

- Senior management makes no effort whatsoever (apart from occasionally buying breakfast / lunch) to make us feel like a valued part of the company.

- If you're on the wrong team, you're micromanaged to death and given about as much respect and autonomy as slave labor.

- There is really no incentive to achieve anything, other than just personal satisfaction. There is absolutely zero opportunity for advancement, promotion, or career development. Raises are minimal, and do not even keep pace with inflation, if they happen at all. There is an annual review process, but it is not tied to any kind of incentive or consequence.

- With the acquisition, it seems any chance that you may have had to make a meaningful contribution to the business has completely vanished. You are now a tiny, insignificant cog in a giant machine.

Advice to Management

It is very clear that no one there is interested in any of our opinions, so I won't waste much of my time. Still, you may want to make some kind of effort to make the people that work for you feel like they have some value to you, otherwise they may all leave before you're done with them.

3. "Women should avoid"

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Low cost Health benefits
    Great place to live
    Earn miles on company travel
    Work less than 40 hours a week
    High salary

Cons

Horrible work environment for woman. Large clients will go to male employees. Male employees are encouraged to take clients to strip clubs. Very little diversity. Many managers are unqualified to manage. Middle management talks poorly about other managers and their employees. Managers will talk poorly about CEO making him unapproachable. Issues with products are not taken seriously by management. Work products are rarely checked unless issue is made by clients. HR is the biggest joke at the company. Turnover is high. Can't retain talent.

Clarity Services Response

Nov 16, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the pay and benefits offered by the company. With respect to your feedback about the... More

"Employee"

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

Pros

OK health Benefits, that's about it.

Cons

operating in an outdated environment for a technology company. company culture is toxic. everyone is terrified of the CEO and the way he acts towards employees, very condescending.

Advice to Management

enter the 21st century in terms of infrastructure, employee work environment and options and management style. You will continue to have high turnover and difficulty attracting young talent with the current atmosphere.

5. "Worst CEO I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are pretty good for TB area. Lots of free food.

Cons

Company is incredibly disorganized. Many middle-management positions held by people unqualified for them. CEO is incredibly rude and insulting, which had cultivated a Punch In Punch Out culture. So much ridiculous nepotism at the cost of the company's growth/success.

Advice to Management

Start respecting your employees, and hire people capable of growing this company. It's certainly not here right now.

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting Work, Collaborative and Friendly Employees, Competitive Salaries, Puppies on Wednesday!

Cons

The data products are hard to get a handle on for new employees. There is a ramp up time that may feel frustrating.

Advice to Management

Management clearly cares about the employees. My recommendation is to continue to talk one on one with your employees to get their perspective.

"Business Development"

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

Pros

Products, technology, concept, purpose, location

Cons

Lack of guidance, disrespect, revengeful admins,

"Copywriter"

Former Employee - Copywriter in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Copywriter in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Clarity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked under Susana Walls when I worked at Clarity Services in the marketing department. Clarity gave me everything when I had nothing. They took me in, let me experiment with new mediums, gave me a small budget to try LinkedIn advertising, and gave me a chance to flex my wings.

In truth, the marketing department was allowed to experiment and grow their careers within reason. For a small company, they made big efforts to see you succeed.

When I was there, benefits were great. More than a single dude in his early 20s knew what to do with.

Cons

We never had formal reviews while I was there. I never go the opportunity to say "Here's all the cool things I've done while I've been here!"

I think that was the only con.

Advice to Management

I'm glad the marketing department was restructured, but I hope you guys have formal reviews these days. It goes a long ways toward making people feel wanted and valued even if you can't give raises at the moment.

"Clarity Services"

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

Pros

The health benefits if you are single.

Cons

Everything else besides benefits. Very boring job. They pay you ONCE A MONTH!!!!!.... ONCE A MONTH!!!!!!

"Horrible Company"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to bring your dog to work on Wednesdays

Cons

Everything else about this company. Horrible atmosphere, terrible benefits, high turnover rate, terrible management. Literally a terrible company

Advice to Management

God help you