Clark Associates Reviews

Clark Associates CEO Gene Clark
Gene Clark
0 Rating
Pros
Cons
  • "Procurement isn't the most talkative bunch, but some people help change that across the different teams(in 5 reviews)

• "Management buys office snacks, but intentionally the ones no one likes(in 5 reviews)

"Innovative Company with a Great Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leola, PA

I worked at Clark Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company culture, freedom to share ideas, try new things. Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.

Cons

Nothing to add for this list.

April 3, 2020Director of Employee Development

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Your experience is what we intend to provide for all employees.

2. COVID-19

"Truth Be Told"

2.0
    Former Employee - Director in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Clark Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was compensated handsomely and I was given a lot of responsibility at a relatively young age. Truth be told, this experience is not necessarily common within the company.

Cons

I decided to leave my position at Clark Associates for a new job opportunity. I do not agree with the direction the company is headed under new leadership. Truth be told, Clark had lots of issues, even before the new leadership took over. Many good people, including some of my best employees, left Clark in droves. Upper management recently floated the idea of furloughing lower level employees during the current health pandemic to cut costs. I’m not gonna lie to you, that left a bitter taste in my mouth.

June 5, 2020Director of Employee Development

Thank you for your feedback, and we're sorry to hear this is how you felt. We did utilize short term furloughs during the month of April, ensuring employees maintained benefits and would be called back to full time work as soon as there was work to be done and customers to help. Despite the devastation COVID-19 has caused in our industry, all Clark employees have returned to full time work as we've been able to start recovering from the financial impact. Your comments have been shared with management for further review.

3. "Innovative company with flexibility and a great outlook on the future"

Current Employee - Pre-Media Manager in Lititz, PA

I have been working at Clark Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

WebstaurantStore (a division of Clark Associates) provides it's employees with everything they need to succeed. From the best tools needed to perform your daily tasks to the ability to make life easier by having a great work life balance. At the WebstaurantStore you'll find that everyone is invested in the greater good of the company and it's customers. Each employee is dedicated to their role in running a successful company and the leadership backs it's direct reports 100%. One of the greatest things about working for WebstaurantStore is that we never rest on our laurels. We strive each day to find new and better ways to service our customers and create the best online shopping experience in the industry. Hands down a world class organization.

Cons

Not really able to think of any

April 3, 2020Director of Employee Development

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review! You've touched on several important and unique elements about our culture. Thank you!

"Above Average Place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Procurement in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Clark Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Pretty flexible -Will learn a wide range of skills and exposed to many different facets of business Free snacks, drinks, coffee and etc -Tries their best at being efficient -New ERP system is easy to learn, old one wasn't too bad -Co workers are great, depending on team, some take longer to warm up. but helpful

Cons

Your experience will differ. -Training could be better, which they are working on. New erp system makes old processes a lot easier. -Lack of direction due to manger or new task, not that big of a deal if your manger is average or above. -Parking gets tight, not a big deal depending on some cases.

March 17, 2020Director of Employee Development

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate your feedback!

5. "Best Company In Lancaster County"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Clark Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Above average pay, great medical benefits, above average 401k company contributions, bonuses. Friendly, fun environment.

Cons

One unethical supervisor can be very detrimental to a great company.

March 17, 2020Director of Employee Development

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We stand behind doing the right thing and encourage any employees who feel something unethical is happening to follow the proper channels of communication to make sure it's addressed right away.

6. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Specialist

I have been working at Clark Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, opportunity for growth, trusted to make your own decisions

Cons

Nothing to note at this time

February 14, 2020Director of Employee Development

Thank you for taking the time for share your review! We're happy to hear your experience has been positive.

7. "Just a small heads up"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Clark Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours are standard 8 am to 5 pm.

Cons

The communication lacked even after I expressed the lack.

"Weak Management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Office in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Clark Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is higher than average elsewhere. Had some great coworkers and we worked grear together.

Cons

Many of the long term employees weren’t often willing to answer questions or were vague when answering. Often people felt chastised for asking questions.

December 18, 2019Director of Employee Development

Thank for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you felt ideas couldn't be questioned with certain individuals, and we hope you were able to share that feedback with your manager while you were with us. We aim to cultivate a culture of entrepreneurial spirit where questioning processes is a key element of our success and growth, not where employees feel they aren't able to challenge current processes. Our management team encourages new ideas and challenging the status quo with the goal of always improving what we do.

"Clark Associates"

4.0
    Former Employee - Purchasing Intern in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Clark Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyed culture and lots of opportunities to learn.

Cons

Not the best fit for me.

November 11, 2019Director of Employee Development

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad the internship was a good learning experience and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

10. "Great Place!"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Clark Associates part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work enviroment. They really care about their employees

Cons

As for now there is nothing i can think of

September 30, 2019Director of Employee Development

Thanks for sharing your feedback! So glad to hear your experience was positive!

Found 110 reviews