Clark Associates Reviews

Clark Associates CEO Gene Clark
Gene Clark

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Egotistic management, will try to fire you if you hurt the ego(in 11 reviews)
  • "So for 99% of the employees that will never make it to senior buyer level, just know that you will be stuck making low to mid 50s for years, and when you become a manager you might be stuck with low to mid 60s until you're 28(in 8 reviews)
  • "The training is good as your boss or fellow employees will walk you through certain processes, but it can also be sink or swim a lot of the time.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Considering the responsibility you are given and that you are running all aspects of the business yourself, these salaries are low.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Clark Associates and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture

Apr 19, 2022 - Merchandising in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is positive and motivating

Cons

Some Saturdays you are required to work

Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time here. We are always looking to improve processes and systems. We encourage you to share any specific training and systems suggestions that you have. Your feedback has been shared with management for further review.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good culture, profitable company

Apr 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Clark on my team are great to work with. Everyone is always willing to help. We used to have a great culture pre-Covid, and the company is continuing to try and keep that culture alive as many people are moving to full time remote.

Cons

Not as many holidays as I’ve had at other companies.

Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear you enjoy working at Clark and think highly of our culture. We are focused on continuing to build our culture in person and in remote settings. Your feedback has been shared with management for further review.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast-paced company with an amazing culture and continued growth

Apr 1, 2022 - Procurement Manager in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

After working at companies with a lot of "red tape", it's so awesome to come to work every day with a sense of ownership, not only for your decisions, but also for your own career growth. If you are hungry, humble and smart, you will find a home here. My colleagues are incredibly talented and driven, and everyone works together for a common goal, working within the same core values. Management values it's employees and strives to develop people to their full potential. The perks are also great! Dog friendly office, gym on site, hybrid work environment, and discounts!

Cons

N/A - honestly the best place I have worked!

Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time at Clark! We appreciate all of your hard work!

4. 5.0

Best place to work!

Mar 18, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dog friendly office, hybrid schedule, great employees and company culture!

Cons

Honestly can’t think of any, so lucky to have found the company!

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Clark's culture, work environment, and schedule. We appreciate your feedback and your hard work!

5. 5.0

Great opportunity

Mar 2, 2022 - Intern in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for and a great learning experience

Cons

There really aren’t any cons.

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are glad to hear that your internship has been a rewarding experience!

6. 5.0

Purchasing at Clark

Feb 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have learned a lot and developed valuable skills. Great team environment. Hybrid option to work from home set days of week. Room for growth

Cons

Lancaster, where the corporate office is, while a nice area, is not my favorite place in the world.

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! Clark strives to offer competitive PTO and a 401k matching program. We also have profit sharing which, while not a guarantee, effectively boosts the 401k match. Your feedback has been shared with management for review. To help our employees connect with fellow employees and the local community, Clark coordinates a monthly Discover LanCo event. We recommend reaching out to the Employee Engagement team or your supervisor if you have questions about these events. We are glad to hear that you have developed valuable skills and enjoy your team and the hybrid work offered, as we value professional development and our culture.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Do Not Work Here

Mar 21, 2022 - Material Handler
    Business Outlook

Pros

My pay was very good for a warehouse associate.

Cons

Clark Associates very Rarely treated me with respect.

Recruitment Specialist

Culture is the cornerstone of success at Clark and we are distressed to hear that you did not feel respected during your time at the company. We strive to create a work environment where employees feel heard and valued. Thank you for acknowledging the competitive pay of your position despite your experience with our culture. Clark's pillars of passion for excellence and doing the right thing mean that we encourage employee input daily and highly value feedback. We hope that you shared your experience with an immediate supervisor or the Employee Experience Specialist who is in place to discuss employee concerns.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Clark Associates, Inc. - Employee Focused and Dedicated to Great Outcomes

Feb 5, 2022 - Director of Training and Development in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clark Associates, Inc. is made up of strategically designed companies that meet unique market demands in the food service, equipment, and supplies industry. At the center is a group of shared services (Training & Development, Employee Experience, Payroll, etc.) that feed into all of these smaller companies. I've found that the common outcome in every situation our company has worked through is a legitimate focus on answering the questions, "is this ethical, is it aligned to our business principles, and does it honor the people that work for us?" It is a company that provides the opportunity for growth for those that are hungry enough to go after it. For that reason, the type of employee that is attracted here is someone who is passionate, driven , and is comfortable with risk.

Cons

Nothing to note here. The company is constantly reviewing growth areas and focusing action to improve.

1 person found this review helpful

Clark Associates Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your insight on the way you see Clark creating positive outcomes. We are always looking for employees who are humble, hungry, and smart and looking to grow in their career. Keep up the great work!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture. Love working there.

Cons

No cons, I haven't seen any negativity in the workplace at all.

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your hard work and contribution to our positive work culture.

10. 5.0

Great Company with Dynamic Workplace

Jan 14, 2022 - Senior Vendor Manager in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation, highly dynamic environment, never boring

Cons

For the wrong personality, the pace of work and dynamic environment could be a challenge

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are having such a positive experience while working at Clark. We are always looking to improve our employee experience, so we appreciate your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews

Clark Associates Reviews FAQs

Clark Associates has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 175 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Clark Associates to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Clark Associates employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Clark Associates. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

74% of Clark Associates employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Clark Associates 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Clark Associates to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Clark Associates Job Seekers