Clark Associates Employee Reviews about "room for growth"
88% would recommend to a friend
(2 total reviews)
98% approve of CEO
Found 2 of over 241 reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is good" (in 18 reviews)
- "Great atmosphere and culture." (in 16 reviews)
- "The people at Clark on my team are great to work with." (in 15 reviews)
- "Pay and benefits are very good for the area and the hours in the purchasing department can be somewhat flexible as long as you get the work done." (in 14 reviews)
- "Almost everyone is committed to making improvements and trying new things to be competitive and it shows in the results." (in 6 reviews)
- "This also leads to very little recognition or reward because most management is afraid that you will look better than them or if you are in a lower position than them (even if youre a manager) you should be less intelligent." (in 13 reviews)
- "So for 99% of the employees that will never make it to senior buyer level, just know that you will be stuck making low to mid 50s for years, and when you become a manager you might be stuck with low to mid 60s until you're 28" (in 10 reviews)
- "The training is good as your boss or fellow employees will walk you through certain processes, but it can also be sink or swim a lot of the time." (in 7 reviews)
- "Will start new hires with no experience at higher rates than people with experience or current employees with experience." (in 3 reviews)
- "Salaries arent the best in certain positions." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Clark Associates and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "room for growth"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Nov 28, 2021PhotographerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Free food sometimes, that's all.
Do not bother working here. Over my two years of working here as a photographer, I have witnessed racist, misogynistic, and homophobic behavior. Unfortunately, there is no dedicated HR department to report this behavior to; instead, the same managers act as the 'HR dept.' The managers lack integrity and morals and only look out for themselves to look good while putting fellow employees down. There is no room for growth; instead, managers want to keep you under their thumb and not promote growth or success. They will find any and every tiny, petty reason to build a case against you, to discipline you. They overstep their boundaries and positions of power to get what they selfishly want. Finally, they will use personal details about you (whether your skin color, gender, or gender orientation) to weaponize these details and discriminate against you. For this company to improve, the current managers need to be evaluated and held accountable for their offensive behaviors. There's a 'good-old-boys club' mentality in the company, and if you're not a white, straight male, you're not welcomed here. Please take the time to read other reviews about WebstaurantStore; I think you will find this is a genuinely despicable company that other people share similar experiences. Based upon years of negative reviews about WebstaurantStore, it is evident that they are not doing anything to improve further their company, company culture, or employee retention.7Clark Associates Response3y
This review describes an environment that is so far from the culture we have at Clark that it is difficult to respond, but I will do my best. While we don't have a traditional HR department, we support all employees through our Employment Support, Employee Experience, Training and Development, Recruitment, Benefits, and Payroll teams. We provide all employees with access to an anonymous form should they have a concern they wish to disclose. Submissions to this form are monitored and addressed daily by our Employee Experience team. We hold all employees to our Do the Right Thing core value, which means that the behaviors listed above (managers putting employees down to make themselves look good, discrimination for any reason, not treating others as equal team members) are never tolerated, and swift action is taken if any employee is caught treating others in such a terrible manner. We are an equal opportunity employer that champions employees from all backgrounds and demographics which you will see if you join any of our teams. We take these allegations seriously and are in communication with senior management to ensure that no part of this review is true.
- 4.0Dec 12, 2022Vendor ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The company is young and the growth is immense. There is a lot of room for career growth.
The downside of a young company is that at times there can be immaturity. Whether it be social gossip or clique behavior. Obviously this is an occurrence in all companies but it is made worse by the makeup of the talent.Clark Associates Response12mo
Growth is important at Clark and we encourage our employees to seek out growth opportunities. Managers receive annual evaluations and meet with direct reports regularly for feedback on their experience. We are concerned about your comments about management and encourage you to bring up any concerns about the workplace to your direct manager. There are also alternatives to discussing issues with management, such as reaching out to leadership in your department, anonymous feedback forms, or reaching out to the Employee Experience team for assistance with the issues you may be seeing. Your feedback has been shared with management for further review.