Clark Associates Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
88% would recommend to a friend
(12 total reviews)
98% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is good" (in 18 reviews)
- "Great atmosphere and culture." (in 16 reviews)
- "The people at Clark on my team are great to work with." (in 15 reviews)
- "Pay and benefits are very good for the area and the hours in the purchasing department can be somewhat flexible as long as you get the work done." (in 14 reviews)
- "Almost everyone is committed to making improvements and trying new things to be competitive and it shows in the results." (in 6 reviews)
- "This also leads to very little recognition or reward because most management is afraid that you will look better than them or if you are in a lower position than them (even if youre a manager) you should be less intelligent." (in 13 reviews)
- "So for 99% of the employees that will never make it to senior buyer level, just know that you will be stuck making low to mid 50s for years, and when you become a manager you might be stuck with low to mid 60s until you're 28" (in 10 reviews)
- "The training is good as your boss or fellow employees will walk you through certain processes, but it can also be sink or swim a lot of the time." (in 7 reviews)
- "Will start new hires with no experience at higher rates than people with experience or current employees with experience." (in 3 reviews)
- "Salaries arent the best in certain positions." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Clark Associates and is not affected by filters.
Found 12 of over 241 reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Oct 16, 2020Procurement InternFormer Intern, less than 1 yearLancaster, PA
good culture, good work life balance
not enough work in teams or with other people for meClark Associates Response4y
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are proud of our company culture and the desire to continue to grow and become better. We strive to have a work environment that promotes teamwork while also being able to work independently.
- 5.0May 13, 2018Shipping LeadCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDayton, NV
Great pay Great culture Awesome management
Sometimes the work/life balance is tough1Clark Associates Response6y
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! So glad to hear you've had such a positive experience!
- 2.0Mar 10, 2023ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLancaster, PA
Promotes Work life balance for all
Company says they want honest feedback, but they really don’t. Their training program is very poorly run.2Clark Associates Response9mo
We apologize that you feel as though our company does not value feedback. We understand the importance of feedback and strive to ensure that all employees feel heard and supported. We encourage our employees to voice their opinions and suggestions and have many ways to help promote this open communication. This includes but is not limited to surveys, one on one check-ins with managers, advisory groups, team meetings, reviews, etc. We embrace an open-door policy at all levels of leadership and encourage team members to share their concerns or questions when issues arise. Our employees also have access to an anonymous form to report any concerns. We are also sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our training program. We recently updated our training program to address some of the concerns that employees raised. We are adding trainings requested by employees and on-demand courses into our learning platform for employees to take at any time. We are always looking for ways to improve and will consider your feedback as we continue to refine our training program. Your feedback has been shared with management for further review.
- 5.0Mar 26, 2021SalesCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Great culture and work life balance.
I have nothing bad to say!Clark Associates Response3y
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience while working here! We appreciate all of the work that our employees do.
- 5.0Feb 4, 2021Vendor ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Opportunity for advancement, professional development from internship to management, fast growing company, innovative, technology and data driven, inclusive culture, positive work atmosphere, good work/life balance, flexible, good benefits package
Communications and directives between departments could be improvedClark Associates Response3y
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience while working at Clark. We are always looking for ways to improve and we appreciate your thoughts and feedback.
- 5.0Sep 30, 2021Category AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLancaster, PA
Clark is a fast growing company that has countless resources to help you succeed. Excellent company culture and work life balance.
I do not have any
- 5.0Mar 24, 2020Pre-Media ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLititz, PA
WebstaurantStore (a division of Clark Associates) provides it's employees with everything they need to succeed. From the best tools needed to perform your daily tasks to the ability to make life easier by having a great work life balance. At the WebstaurantStore you'll find that everyone is invested in the greater good of the company and it's customers. Each employee is dedicated to their role in running a successful company and the leadership backs it's direct reports 100%. One of the greatest things about working for WebstaurantStore is that we never rest on our laurels. We strive each day to find new and better ways to service our customers and create the best online shopping experience in the industry. Hands down a world class organization.
Not really able to think of anyClark Associates Response4y
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review! You've touched on several important and unique elements about our culture. Thank you!
- 1.0Apr 12, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Great training and knowledgable management. Very approachable and tells it like it is. The company is growing at a rapid rate and is always hiring. Good work/life balance. Good compensation. Open door policy.
if you do not like to be micro managed and looking for a purchasing position, look elsewhere. Rapid growth comes with extreme challenges and the number one challenge this company is having is keeping a full staff. Unfortunity their underemployed status is because of their reputation not because of their growth.7
- 4.0Jun 13, 2021InternCurrent Intern, more than 1 yearLancaster, PA
Growing fast, treat employees well, great work/life balance
Company is almost growing too fast, some employees are becoming replaceableClark Associates Response3y
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate all of the new ideas and perspectives that our interns bring!
- 5.0Sep 12, 2022General ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearEllabell, GA
Best company I have worked for in my career. Company is hyper focused on Work Life Balance and employee engagement. Company is growing very rapidly but has stuck to it roots and company culture.
I have not found any downside as of yet.1Clark Associates Response2y
Encouraging work-life balance, having an entrepreneurial spirit, and doing the right thing are all highly valued at our company. Thank you for your review!