Clarus Fluid Intelligence Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joe Koreis
1 Rating

1. "Very Cool Experience and Amazing People to Work With!"

Former Employee - Senior Technician in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Technician in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Clarus Fluid Intelligence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No need for gym membership at Clarus (even though they offer to pay for one), work days are long and hard, but you get to work on all the coolest Navy vessels and even submarines! The amazing people who work at Clarus is what gets you through even the most difficult jobs. I built some great friendships at working there and know they will remain in my life despite leaving.

Cons

Unpredictable schedule, but not necessarily their fault as the Navy pretty much sets that. Must be ready to go to work on a moments notice. This job isn't for everybody, but if you enjoy hard work and being on the water and inside huge ships, I would apply. Not something you do for a career, but an amazing stop on the way to one.

Advice to Management

Keep working on improving the schedule and communication to the field. I think it would be very beneficial to see more of the leadership from Bellingham (besides Kirk) visit Norfolk more often.

2. "Work work work"

Current Employee - Senior Tech in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Tech in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Clarus Fluid Intelligence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get plenty of hours... That's about it

Cons

80-100 hours a week, no time for personal life. cut corners to finish jobs, and doesn't mind to safety standards. They do not take the time to prepare for jobs, which leads to delays on site. Management does not practice what they preach.

Advice to Management

Think of your employees...

3. "The UR department is really energetic and collaborative."

Current Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Redmond, WA
    Current Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Clarus Fluid Intelligence as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work space, flexible hours, fabulous team, availability for upward movement within the company and excellent perks, even for contract employees (bus pass, parking, etcetera)

Cons

The pay as a contract employee is far less than as an FTE in the UR department and there is a mandatory unpaid time off over the holidays, but if you plan for it then it isn't a big deal.

5. "Tired of being abused by Clarus"

Current Employee - Senior Technician in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Technician in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Clarus Fluid Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have good medical insurance.

Cons

Bad management. I'm not making enough money, because they dont give me enough hours. They promise alot but dont deliver. Fly us to job site and then we sit there and dont get paid. Tired of being abused.

Advice to Management

I dont have anything good to say to or about the management.

6. "Under new ownership"

I worked at Clarus Fluid Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great local people. Nice place to work. Good pay & benefits.

Cons

New ownership (Multi billion$ owners Colfax) says it really cares about people.
    They lied to us on so many numerous occasions that most of the employees are looking for new jobs.
    Job cuts to make the bottom line look better. Making people take on more responsibility than they have time for.
    Just cut another 300+ jobs.... after they said there would be no more cuts twice...

Advice to Management

Clarus local management is great.
    I hope you survive Colfax.

7. "Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

Pros

Benefits are great, but they are provided by the parent company Koniag in Alaska who do not provide day to day management.

Cons

Inexperienced management. Poor communication with employees. President of company makes fun of some employees (by name) in company meetings. Take numerous shortcuts that result in unsafe working conditions. Assignment to project is chaotic and inept. Office team often gets lunch out paid for by the president while technicians in the field have to pay for their own water. Expect PMs to carry a huge burden of company expenses on their personal credit cards.