ClassPass Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
ClassPass CEO Fritz Lanman
Fritz Lanman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance, great leadership, incredible opportunities everyday" (in 7 reviews)

• "Its fast-paced, things change daily which keeps our jobs exciting and challenging" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not great work life balance - the most successful people at the company work really hard" (in 5 reviews)

• "Fragile business model not necessarily serving both sides of the marketplace" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company"

I worked at ClassPass full-time

Pros

Very smart group of people

Cons

Growing quickly and changing org

2. "Best employer in MIssoula BY FAR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

I have been working at ClassPass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture, little perks (i.e. active wear dresscode, happy . hours, bar carts), employee benefits (12 weeks PAID maternity leave), career growth support, and office location make this the best job I have ever had. I love coing to work every day and feel supported in my role by my peers and management.

Cons

The only con is that the hourly pay isn't outstanding, but that's to be expected working for a company that is still in the start-up stage. This is also balanced out by referral bonus programs and monthly commissions for sales roles.

"Not What I Expected"

I worked at ClassPass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun office environment, occasional ability to work from home, casual dresscode (activewear encouraged), free work snacks. Decent starting pay. My immediate supervisor was absolutely wonderful and provided amazing feedback and weekly touchbases.

Cons

A major disconnect between departments. No communication between marketing/engineering/CX/accounts/etc. There will be price changes in the monthly memberships or promotion changes without any sort of communication. Work life balance is minimal. People take advantage of the snacks where I saw employees hover over the poor delivery guys while they were mid-stocking. No sense of connection or community within the company; high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. I know and understand that this company is growing rapidly, but make an effort to have regular inter-departmental meetings and events for connections to grow within the company, asides from retreats. Make work-life balance a focus, because I've seen many people burn out quickly.

"Partner Development Associate"

Current Employee - Partner Development Associate
    Current Employee - Partner Development Associate

I have been working at ClassPass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process is easy and short. The training lasts about a week and is quite extensive on the company. The benefits are excellent and upper management tries to motivate employees with intensives and company outings.

Cons

Individuals are seen as a means to an end and disposable. If you do not perform, which about 50% of those in the position tend not too, you could be let go. If you are a top sales performer you will be seen as valuable and will have opportunity for advancement in the company.

Advice to Management

Extend opportunities for moving up in the company. Many feel unmotivated after 3 to 6 months in the position and wish they had the opportunity to work in a different positions.

"Not sure why they hate!"

I have been working at ClassPass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly - no job is perfect, but this one is pretty f'n great! Great benefits, that include fully paid insurance, 20 days of vacation, company equity (FOR EVERY EMPLOYEE), ClassPass Membership, travel and office swap opportunities, Bar Cart, fully stocked kitchen with snacks etc.. So what you have to come in and WORK, but co-workers in Missoula are all easy to get along with and helpful.

Cons

It's a big, growing company, the opportunities here are going to be what you make of them.

Advice to Management

The more you can get to know your employees, the better you will be able to leverage their skills.

"Fun company!"

I have been working at ClassPass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome coworkers, fun environment- you will work hard!

Cons

The company is growing fast! This is a good thing and a bad thing some times.

7. "Partner Development Associate"

I have been working at ClassPass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are only pros when working with this company!

Cons

There are no cons working for this company that I have seen office-wide

"Not what I expected"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ClassPass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Good product
    *Free ClassPass account for employees

Cons

I was brought on thinking it was a collaborative environment where employees are an integral part of the growth of the company. What I've found since I've been here is that the employees are expected to be heads-down and do their jobs. There are some senior execs with a vision and the employees are expected to follow that vision without question.

The company is growing too quickly. They're trying to expand into other countries and the focus for their headquarters seems t be lost. It's a bit clicky so for a new employee, it can be hard to penetrate.

There's a sense that this company takes themselves a bit too seriously. Yes, they're trying to be the biggest and the best at what they do, but it seems to be just so they can sell for a lot of money so senior mgmt gets rich.

Advice to Management

You have some smart people working for you. Listen to them.

"Operations"

I have been working at ClassPass full-time

Pros

Good group of dedicated people working together. Great CEO!

Cons

The HR team lacks a cohesive voice, the interview process took quit long and was unorganized. Now that I am inside the organization I see that the HR team has no real leader or management. ClassPass can be a bit clicky and unwelcoming especially in the New York office.

"Company Only Cares About Looking Good On Paper, No Matter The Cost"

I have been working at ClassPass full-time

Pros

They do offer some events each year for employees, but the day to day is not about employees and their success but just looking good on financial reports.

Cons

The company puts very inexperienced people into leadership positions, due to the rapid growth recently. Plus they couple it with basically requiring you to work without breaks or lunch, due to the tracking metrics being so high and strict. The inexperienced managers don't know how to work with their people and are just bought in to the cult like culture of people obsessed with the company. You'll hit your metrics to 100% and then be told that's not enough and you're failing and could be fired.

I've been working for 6 months and seen 10% of the staff be fired because they did not hit metrics a handful of times. The inexperienced leaders don't know how to encourage, drive, or train their team. They just gripe at people if they are not significantly over 100%. The inexperienced leaders do not know how to train or give good feedback.

Advice to Management

Growth is fantastic for a company, but you need to pay more attention to not just your IGR or SGR, you need to pay attention to the quality of mid-level leadership. You may have an IGR and SGR that allows you to physically grow and the capital to do it, but you have not been paying attention to the quality of your human capital.

I would suggest vigorous training and interviewing processes for team leads and above. It really feels like they are just putting a warm body in the position because they need the warm body there to fit the growth model.

If it doesn't change, ClassPass will slowly and surely get worse reviews and not meet the customer's needs.