Classic BMW Reviews | Glassdoor

Eric Maas
  1. "Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Classic BMW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been in this industry for more than 25 years and in my opinion Classic BMW is the best Family owned dealership to work for. They care about the employees and provide a state of the art dealership for us to work in. They have hired a health and wellness coach, who teaches us how to make better choices in our eating habits and how to get the most out of our daily activities. Each month Classic managers have a healthy...

Cons

No sick days available and vacation time should be 4 weeks for anyone who has been with the company for more than 15 years.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees when they have ideas about improving a job requirement or a policy or process. Just because someone does not sit in an office does not mean that they don't have a good idea for a change or improvement. Challenge your employees to take on different responsibilities, encourage them to want to do more to become a better person.

Classic BMW2017-02-17
  2. "Being a porter at Classic"

I worked at Classic BMW part-time

Pros

It was fun and the work was also rewarding. Sometimes you can make tips on car washes.

Cons

The work is hard and fast paced.

Classic BMW2018-06-01
  3. "Tech life"

I have been working at Classic BMW full-time

Pros

Great group of people to work with

Cons

Long work hours - 6 days a week every 3rd week, 10 hours per day

Classic BMW2017-07-18
    • "Tech"

I worked at Classic BMW part-time

Pros

They will let you to use the shop to fix own car

Cons

Clique of colleagues get all "gravy" work,rest of techs needs to fight to survive

Classic BMW2017-03-04
    • "Great place to work, Family Owned😊😊"

I have been working at Classic BMW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work, VERY family oriented. Owner and top Management are open to new ideas. The company cares about its people by having health coach on site, lots of company benefits for health. They are very customer focused to have happy customers,

Cons

Parking is getting tougher because of growth.

Classic BMW2017-02-15
    • "Automotive Technician"

Current Employee - Auto Technician in Willoughby Hills, OH

I have been working at Classic BMW full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great shop environment, complement refreshments

Cons

Bad management, no organization

Advice to Management

Work on organizational needs of the shop.

Classic BMW2017-01-11
    • "Pretty Good Company, Could Be Better Though."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Classic BMW full-time for more than a year

Pros

They let you get away with quite a bit, just as long as it's not one of their pet-peeves. You get a parts discount, automobile discount, labor rate discount, etc... Paid holidays are a thing, which is very nice! If you stay out of the way of management, and basically don't give them any reason to notice you in a negative way, you'll do just fine.

Cons

Customers, customers, customers. They can be a bit overbearing at times. Some of the sales staff can be a bit judgy at times, but it's due to them wanting to focus on REAL prospective clients instead of wishy-washy people. That's in part by the sales commision scale. From what I understand, there's no base pay. Total Commission. If you want your car worked on at the employee rate, expect to spend a few work days with...

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. There are lots of decent employees here, and you're screwing them over by breathing over their shoulder. Equip them and teach them to work the way you want them to. If your work ethic as a manager reflects laziness and intolerance towards failure, your employees WILL and do talk about it behind your back. You look insecure when you micromanage. Love the company, it treated me well, but I know several...

Classic BMW2016-11-07
    • "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Parts Runner in Plano, TX

I worked at Classic BMW part-time

Pros

I worked there for a few months and for the little time that I was there I learned a lot. Everyone was willing to help me and show me where all the parts were at when I needed help. The work environment can be hectic at times but everyone tries to help each other out.

Cons

Often times when I worked there, other employees added extra responsibilities to my job when later I found out that it was not suppose to be part of my job. It might have been due to the fact that I was new there and that perhaps I wouldn't find out.

Advice to Management

I would say management was solid but perhaps it there needs to be more communication and check up on the over all work environment to see how everyone is doing.

Classic BMW2016-02-06
    • "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Plano, TX

I have been working at Classic BMW

Pros

Best pay plan in the business if you work smart and can maintain a 15 car month average. Demo gas and very little micro management. Great team amazing product. I have been in the business 15 years and all I can say is Classic BMW is one of the last of the real Mohicans.

Cons

Like any sales job the hours. You can't be successful in this business without working lots of hours and devoting your lively hood.

Advice to Management

None

Classic BMW2016-01-09
    • "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Service Reservations Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Classic BMW for less than a year

Pros

Family-type environment, friendly people and easy work environment. People willing to help you out without any difficulty.

Cons

Like in any office job, you have some people that are lazy and not willing to help out so easily, but it's minimal and easily identifiable.

Advice to Management

Great place to work Would love to keep working here...just exploring other ventures that maybe closer to home.

Classic BMW2015-12-16