Cover image for Classy, Inc

Found 247 of over 261 reviews

Classy, Inc CEO Chris Himes
Chris Himes

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The culture here is great and everyone works hard to drive the company forward.(in 30 reviews)
  • "The people are great(in 27 reviews)
  • "Beautiful Office with UNBELIEVABLE view(in 16 reviews)
  • "There's always something going on, never a moment to be bored with such a smart, talented, diverse and driven team.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great company culture and perks that make coming to work everyday enjoyable(in 14 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Incredible company to work for

Sep 14, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture with a commitment to encourage non-profits to grow. The technology is designed with clients in mind with a commitment for long term growth. Classy is established yet growing quickly so the opportunity to grow and advance is high. Leadership values opinions and leads by empowerment. Pay is competitive and there is a focus on a strong work/life balance and benefits.

Cons

Fast paced with a lot of teams so streamlining silos is key.

2. 5.0

5 star but with reservations

Nov 16, 2022 - Lead Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid pay. Great benefits. Great mission. Enables your success. Not too micro managing. Company is going places now with GoFundMe acquiring Classy. Great product. Good place to work. 4.5 stars, so I rounded up.

Cons

Too metric driven and process driven sometimes on some teams. The product is hard to sell, even though it's the leader in the space because it is so expensive and such a crowded space. Quota is too high and there is too much turnaround of employees. I think if they recalibrated quotas to be more more realistic and brought down the price of the product for non-enterprise type deals than I would have no hesitation with my rating it a 5.

3. Join the Classy, Inc team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not so great after GoFundMe acquisition

Nov 18, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard to say anything really great about Classy anymore :( used to be a great culture and high morale. Unfortunately that’s just not the case and it’s not the same company it used to be.

Cons

Classy was acquired by GoFundMe officially in May 2022, however, employees received the news back in January same year. All of the great, fun Classy perks were taken away. Now there aren’t any stand alone benefits that are any better than another standard corporate company. They don’t even have unlimited PTO for their sales team! So many senior leaders have stepped down and those positions have either not been filled or have been filled by unfit/poor candidates. GoFundMe laid off about 100 employees a month ago, so it’s clear that both they and Classy are cutting back to get ready for the recession. So many sales employees are on performance plans as a way to fire them for underperforming rather than offering them severance packages. Classy costs more than its competitors and has unrealistic sales quotas for their sellers. We’re in a recession selling to nonprofits with little to no budget… of course we can’t meet quota! It’s disappointing that they’re using metrics as a way to cut back rather than looking inward at the problem. If over half of your sales team isn’t hitting their metrics, don’t you think you might be the problem, not them?

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Beyond grateful to join the Classy team!

Oct 3, 2022 - Non Voice Process in South Florida, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful interview/hiring/onboarding process. A laser focus on a strong culture with team members at the center. Amazing and powerful mission, so much growth opportunity and amazing leaders and team members. Classy has an infectious strategy and momentous plans to change the world.

Cons

Nothing to share at this time.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company but big changes since Gofundme buy out

Sep 21, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are plenty of great things about Classy. People and mission that empowers nonprofits is something worth getting behind. Product is really good compared to competitors.

Cons

Lots of changes since the Gofundme buy out. Culture is lacking which is too bad because it seems like it used to be a lot of fun. Sales leadership is lacking has not been prioritized. They have been trying to hire a new VP of sales for almost a year and no headway which makes it seem like it's not a priority. Little direction and same people hit quota every month all of which have been there for years. The team doesn't feel cohesive, new people start every week and I barely know anyone. Sales Operations is a nightmare to work with and a lot of barriers operationally that make the job way harder than it needs to be.

7. 5.0

I love it here!

Sep 14, 2022 - Renewals Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Classy, now a part of GoFundMe, is the first place I've worked that walks the walk. I'm a millennial and have worked at 5 employers since finishing college. The most important things to me when I was evaluating a company were: flexibility, alignment to personal values, and a company unafraid to stand up for what's right. At Classy, I am empowered to work the hours that work best for my schedule to ensure that taking care of me is first priority. I am empowered to share feedback openly and speak my mind, including a chance to speak with our publications team about LGBTQ+ organizations we could highlight outside of Pride Month. The company takes time at internal meetings to address & hold space for turbulent social issues including, but not limited to: the war in Ukraine, the bombs in Lebanon, the floods in Kentucky, the shooting in Uvalde, the overturn of Roe v. Wade, the statements made to revisit Obergefell v. Hodges (legal right for LGBTQ+ couples to marry), and the death of innocent Black folks at routine traffic stops. No matter what you believe, you have the space to hold those beliefs, flex your schedule as needed, and take time away when you need it most. Lastly, the organization has parental leave for both the gestational and non-gestational parent. This level of inclusivity and intentionality cannot be found everywhere. I have and will continue to highly recommend others to work here.

Cons

I applied during the holidays, which led to feeling more pressure to take the offer so the talent team could wrap up the hiring. Sometimes change management for new initiatives is not smooth. At large, these are two things that have happened in every place I've worked from a small local business to a Fortune 500 company.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Space to Share Ideas and Push Creative Boundaries

Sep 13, 2022 - Content Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Any idea I've ever brought up while working as a creative at Classy has been received and I've been given the space to brainstorm and bring projects to life like no other company I've worked for. People are supportive and leadership is always encouraging new ideas to be brought to the table. Team members have a voice in many brand initiatives and it's been very rewarding to see so many of my ideas become reality with my amazing co-workers.

Cons

No real cons from me! The only thing I would change is being closer to my coworkers to collaborate in the amazing facilities in San Diego, but the remote set up has been extremely effective.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

B

Aug 21, 2022 - Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good People, Great Coffee, Good

Cons

Too many people to report to

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Newly Hired, Eager to Begin!

Jul 25, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

From interviews and various discussions, the culture and mission of Classy is one I'm very excited to be a part of. Benefits are exceptional!

Cons

None that I know of yet

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good People Trying To Do A Good Thing

Jul 11, 2022 - Accoount Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay Sales Enablement is amazing Benefits Office Space

Cons

Poor to no sales leadership. Same 5 to 10 people hitting quota. Limited inbound leads. GoFundMe cut a lot of the good benefits out.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 247 Reviews
</>Embed

Classy, Inc Reviews FAQs

Classy, Inc has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 261 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Classy, Inc to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Classy, Inc employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Classy, Inc. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

77% of Classy, Inc employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Classy, Inc 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Classy, Inc to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Classy, Inc Job Seekers