Classy Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

205.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Classy~814067
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The culture here is great and everyone works hard to drive the company forward.(in 28 reviews)
  • "The people are great(in 27 reviews)
  • "There's always something going on, never a moment to be bored with such a smart, talented, diverse and driven team.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Beautiful Office with UNBELIEVABLE view(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great company culture and perks that make coming to work everyday enjoyable(in 13 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A Great Cause Powered by Great People

May 11, 2022 - Customer Care Representative in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers that listen, good benefits, great coworkers.

Cons

No real cons except I can see that some may not like that the employees had to relearn new things about their product when it was updated periodically, but that comes with the field of tech.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing pains but always do the right things

May 9, 2022 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing leadership, great work life balance

Cons

slightly below avg pay, lots of change, lots of competitors

3. 5.0

Wonderful interview process

Apr 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well, I was hired so that is a bonus. I appreciated the interview process. Instead of blocking 5 hours of interviews, I first had a 45 minute interview with a leader; then progressed to 3 separate calls (all about 45 minute) with leaders and team members; then progressed to hiring manager. There was clear communication in the process. Everyone was a joy to talk with. I felt Classy put emphasis for me to ask questions to help me understand if Classy is a place for me to thrive.

Cons

No Cons in the interview process.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I was just hired and am very excited

Apr 18, 2022 - Customer Care Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture and the wonderful feeling of helping non-profits.

Cons

I have yet to discover any shortcomings.

5. 5.0

Unreal Place to Work

Apr 15, 2022 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, well paid, awesome benefits

Cons

Always growing and changing, tough sell to NPO's with no budget

6. 5.0

Great company

Apr 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Good healthcare Beautiful office

Cons

Pay could be better Better support from management

7. 3.0

Great People, Unnecessary Stress

Mar 11, 2022 - Customer Success in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Classy hires some of the best people, they put you through it during your interview process, but truly you will meet some phenomenal people! If the office reopens, it's such a dynamic place to be. The building and space are incredible. Classy has a fun mission too and makes you feel like you are helping the world! PTO is encouraged and work-life balance is good.

Cons

Too much added pressure, things change and it's never explained why. We know what comes with working at a startup, but there's so much lack of transparency around changes. Employees feel very replaceable. We claim to be customer-centric and really we just act in the best interest of our company rather than thinking about the customer. It often feels like there's the mindset that the employees and customers are so replaceable. There is not a ton of room for growth, in order to move up at Classy you have to be someone that doesn't push back, doesn't challenge leadership or disrupt. This isn't what grows and changes a company for the bettyer. A bunch of like-minded individuals sitting around will not change the industry. Managers get pushed out when they go against the grain. Make pay more competitive for the tech industry.

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great mission, lacking in execution and leadership

Mar 23, 2022 - Senior Enterprise Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission driven, excellent benefits, lots of good, hard working people

Cons

Middle management is weak; some of the values of the company are not always exemplified by senior leadership; work life balance is tough

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company Culture with Nonprofit-Driven Mission

Mar 2, 2022 - Visual Designer II in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Classy has a fast-paced culture that allows you to dip your hands into all sorts of projects. The employees sign on for the mission and stay for the amazing, collaborative culture that ensures our nonprofits are always put first.

Cons

Things are sometimes busy and there is a lot of conversations happening that sometimes decisions are made without your knowledge. But people are more than happy to catch you up and realign so that everyone gets on the same page.

10. 4.0

Great place to work

Feb 11, 2022 - Senior Fullstack Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome environment, good people, good worklife balance

Cons

Only con so far is that we had a year-round half day Friday policy that is being discontinued and it's gonna be hard to go back to working on Friday afternoons

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 234 Reviews

Classy Reviews FAQs

Classy has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 247 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Classy to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Classy employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Classy. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

66% of Classy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Classy 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Classy to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Classy Job Seekers