Classy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Company culture and management support is really what I love about my job" (in 19 reviews)

• "Classy has the best people and an excellent work/life balance" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "With any growing company there are growing pains" (in 17 reviews)

• "401k matching not yet available" (in 17 reviews)

1. "The best place I've worked!"

Current Employee - Finance and Operations in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Finance and Operations in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is welcoming and wants you to succeed. The culture is seriously the best I've ever been a part of in a professional setting and the people you work with will undoubtedly become close, personal friends.

Also, Classy works to make sure it's a balanced environment so while we work really hard, we play just as hard.

Lots of cool benefits, including being a pet friendly office (which is my personal favorite), medical benefits, gym discounts and great PTO.

Cons

The lack of 401(k) matching. It will happen, but the waiting is tough sometimes.
    Also, since it's open concept and a full floor, it can get loud at times.

These are seriously the worst and only complaints I have. Classy is amazing.

Advice to Management

Keep working to build a well-rounded team and striving to keep the culture.

"Amazing sales environment!"

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for inside sales organizations for over a decade and I can say that the culture piece is a difficult one to get right, Classy has done it right. The culture is supportive, fun and still an awesome driven sales environment. It is very refreshing to work for a CEO who cares so much about the customer, his business, and his people. Overall, in a world where it is hard to find a company and especially a sales team that checks all the boxes, Classy does just that. I feel lucky every day to get to be a part of a company that is making the world a better place.

Cons

We hire alot of people without sales experience because we have a great sales development program, and those people love Classy's mission and purpose so they think they will just "try" sales. However, what they don't realize is how hard sales is, how many dials you have to make to just get someone on the phone and how you have to really have fantastic communication skills. Which means there are people who come in and get frustrated at their career choice but love the company. My advice would be love sales first, and then Classy will be the best company you have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing!

"Fast-paced business with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Classy full-time

Pros

- The people. The brilliant, supportive, creative team I work with drives me to bring my best everyday.
    - Awesome culture
    - Supportive management
    - Fast-paced
    - Transparent leadership
    - Lots of growth opportunity

Cons

- Because Classy is a growing company, things can change constantly - whether that's goals, processes, or functions. But this can also be exciting and keeps you on your toes.

"A very special work environment"

I have been working at Classy full-time

Pros

- Our CEO is energizing... He cares deeply about his employees and is driven by his mission to do help the nonprofit sector change the world for the better.
    - Front-line employees are talented, brilliant, fun and motivated to deliver game-changing experiences for our nonprofit customers.
    - Classy exists to make the world a better place... I feel that energy every morning when I walk through the doors.
    - Senior leadership has done a nice job of building a culture of teamwork, hard work and fun... They've done an even better job of protecting it as the company grows.

Cons

- Start-up pay and benefits... All the pros almost make up for that.

"Exceeds Expectations, and then some"

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most impressive...the people. Classy hires well, always surrounded by sharp people, who are hard-working, happy, and care about the work they do.

Classy culture is second to none, and cares greatly about their employees. Best example of this:

The #ClassyGives program, every year Classy selects a nonprofit partner to fundraise for and the employees compete to raise the most money. Prizes awarded throughout the campaign and ultimately the top fundraisers get to travel on an international trip, paid for by Classy, to get hands-on experience with the nonprofit. I became aware of ClassyGives in my interview process, the top fundraisers recently back from helping to build a school in Nepal. I was so impressed that a company provided such a creative and impactful opportunity for their employees.

10 months after my hire date, I just returned from Uganda. I was fortunate to be one of the top fundraisers this year. What an amazing trip, working directly with the nonprofit across Uganda on visits to schools, villages, and a prison, along with plenty of downtime and adventures bonding with my colleagues. The experience of using the Classy platform to fundraise for a nonprofit we partner with, and then travel across the world to see firsthand and participate in the change they are making in East Africa will live with me forever.

Cons

None that I have seen

"Best environment I've had."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uplifting culture, awesome people, great office and location.

Cons

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion

"I love coming to work everyday."

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture and management support is really what I love about my job. We are given the best training and tools to succeed in this job. There is so much room to grow here professionally, if you work hard and want it enough! So many cool work events too. I feel valued by the company, leadership and my mangers. But most importantly we work with AMAZING non profits that are doing so much good in this world.

Cons

Can't really think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Focus on "always be learning", more training, office hours and support. Thats how we succeed!

8. "Start looking for another job when you get hired here"

I worked at Classy full-time

Pros

The mission and the CEO

Cons

Churn and burn company. Management doesn't know how to promote the right people or figure out how to qualify leads.

Advice to Management

Hire inexperienced management.

"Best place to work in San Diego!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Culture is UNMATCHED! Classy is a dedicated family working towards a common goal to mobilize and empower the world for good. You can feel this in the office on a day to day basis and with the people you work with.
    -Growing recognition within the nonprofit and software industry. We are quickly becoming a "household name" within the social sector.
    -Employees are very collaborate and strive to hit goals as a team. Everyone is there to help each other.
    -Company has recently invested heavily in personal/professional development in every department, not just sales.
    -Feedback is heard from the bottom to the top, and acted upon quickly. CEO and VP level has an open door policy.
    -Classy strives to promote from within by rewarding those that work hard, attain goals, and take initiative. Promotions happen almost every other week.
    -Product is best in class and you can stand behind what we are asking nonprofits to invest in.
    -Work life balance with 15 days PTO, numerous company holidays, and company outings.
    -Best office in San Diego overlooking Petco Park (open floor workplan, unlimited coffee, beer, dogs, you name it)

If you're looking for a place to work hard and call 'home', I would 100% suggest Classy. You are committing to be a part of something bigger than yourself and ultimately bigger than Classy. We are striving to tackle some of the world's biggest problems and you can't find that almost anywhere else!

Cons

-Understand that working at Classy is still very much a startup. As with any growing company, changes are frequent. You must acknowledge and take ownership of the changes and be ready/willing to overcome them. Those that can take these changes in stride see tremendous payoff!
    -No 401K match

Advice to Management

-Continue to explain "the why" behind changes that are being made within the company.
    -Continue to strive to promote from within, but don't be afraid to seek talent from the outside than can provide real value to the company. We can't ever be afraid to identify where we need help and go get it!

"A company providing careers that make a difference"

I have been working at Classy full-time

Pros

If you're tired of being "a cog in the wheel" then Classy is the place for you. Instead of working for a company where you die a little inside everyday while making a bunch of execs rich, you can be part of company that is truly making the world a better place. Classy builds software which enables NPOs to build schools, cure diseases, help those in need, and a variety of other noble causes. From sales to engineering they have some of the best talent in the business. The bar is high and people put their heart into their work. You can't beat the culture and passion of this place. Unlike working for a mega-company, you can actually see the difference your contributions make at Classy.

Cons

With any growing company there are growing pains. This is to be expected. In comparison to many other startups I've worked at, Classy's challenges are healthy and reasonable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on maintaining the culture you've done such a great job at building. Don't let your success make you soft. Preserve the grit that got you here!