Classy Reviews

4.4
Classy CEO Chris Himes
Chris Himes
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Love the mission, the people that work here, the company culture & environment(in 22 reviews)

• "The work makes a difference; we help nonprofits raise billions online(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You have to be type of person that is okay with growing pains and constant changes (literally, by the hour)(in 22 reviews)

• "Glad to be heading to greener pastures with an employer that actually provides a 401k match and a fosters a culture of respect(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

good work life balance

Apr 29, 2021 - Technical Support Engineer in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

mission and values, career opportunities, dogs

Cons

benefits were expensive but that seems to be changing

2. 5.0

Classy really cares!

Apr 21, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Classy has proven to truly care about both their people and their customers. They continue to roll out benefits that give back to their employees. From company wide no meeting Wednesday mornings (to get your work done distraction free) to monthly 1/2 days the first Friday of every month, this company understands the importance to a healthy work life mix. Everyone is dedicated to our B-Corp certification and is finding ways to give back to the world around us. If you want to join a company that actually practices what they preach, stop looking and join the Classy team!

Cons

Benefits were not great, however the team recently rolled out revamped benefits starting May 1, 2021 which even includes a 401k match.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

No company is perfect, but way more pros than cons

Apr 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people - they hire really well and all of my coworkers truly were delightful Strong culture - supportive, positive, collaborative Commitment to social sector impact is genuine at all levels of the business and really energizing Improving benefits - just added 401k match Good work life balance

Cons

Constant, never ending, chaotic change, often without any good reason based on my perspective as a lower level employee. Impossible to commit to priorities when leadership would totally up end your goals and projects on a whim. We're 10+ years old as a software company so please lose the "startup" excuse Lack of investment in the product organization means that we're unable to provide the technical solutions our clients are really looking for (seeing improvement on this recently) Pay is only OK and definitely weaker than larger tech companies

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

committed to its customers and impact

Jan 29, 2021 - Sustainability + Stakeholder Impact
      Business Outlook

Pros

b corp means taking care of its stakeholders in an authentic way. with new investments in product and engineering, its clear this company is focused on building a better product for its nonprofit customers. core values and company mission dictate decisions. leadership is forward looking, thoughtful, compassionate, supportive and passionate. bonus benefits are all about connecting employees with customers/nonprofits, driving more social impact through volunteering. extra focus on classy communities and DEI initiatives are starting to build a more diverse and inclusive workplace.

Cons

we are rebuilding a new classy with our stakeholders a the forefront, and this takes time.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company. Mission driven and small/supportive enough to feel like a family

Mar 17, 2021 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy access to C-Level leadership C-level transparency Great Enablement team Mission Driven Great work culture

Cons

Startup kinks Nonprofit sector takes some adjusting Should be out of startup phase by now

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Place to Work!

Mar 14, 2021 - Great Place to Work!
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Place to Work for young professionals

Cons

Pay could be better in my opinion

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place I've worked in my career

Dec 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have absolutely loved my time at Classy these past 4 years. Having been here for a quite a while, I've experienced the highs and lows associated with being at a company at this stage in its growth, and am happy to share some expectations/experiences for the pros and cons of being a part of this team: 1) Amazing people. Members of the Classy team tend to share a few common attributes, including passion for mission-driven work, steadfast determination, and team spirit. Our team has been one of the major reasons why I have chosen to stay at Classy for so long. 2) Upward mobility. One of my major determining factors for choosing Classy was the opportunity to quickly move upwards through leadership and management positions, which has happened multiple times in my four years. Additionally, we have some great mid-level managers who are invested in your personal/professional development outside of the confines of your current role, my own manager included, and Classy provides a professional development stipend to all employees. 3) Community. Classy places a lot of emphasis on being involved in passion projects/Classy Communities outside of your day to day role; these include, Classy Pride (LGBTQIA+), Project Green (B Corp, sustainability-focus), StayToasty (Toastmasters), 9 to Thrive (women's leadership), Classy Softball/Soccer teams, etc. All of these groups are meant to create a sense of belonging and community, whatever your interest/identity may be. As a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, this is the first place I've worked in my career where I've felt 100% comfortable owning my identity at work. 4) Fast paced environment. We're still young and scrappy in many ways, so if you're someone who likes a challenge and doesn't scare easily when processes change quickly, Classy could be the place for you. 5) Unlimited PTO, 6 week sabbatical after 4 years, half day first Fridays, paid volunteer time off, office environment (back when we're in office, post-pandemic), all of our office dogs... 6) (Sales) Focus on enablement and training. As a member of the Sales Enablement team, I value the fact that our senior leadership is very much in support of providing value-driven training to the sales team. For a company our size, it's been really encouraging to me that leadership has invested in growing out a dedicated training department. 7) Value-driven organization. This is the foundation that Classy is built upon. We have an amazing founding story, and four founders who are still a part of our team (10 years later.) Outside of the normal day-to-day workings of our company, we do what we can to truly "mobilize and empower the world for good" - whether at a macro level through our events, The Collaborative and Classy Awards, or a micro level by volunteering together in our community. It feels really good to be a part of a team focused on truly impacting the world in an incredible way.

Cons

As with any company, there are definite areas for growth at Classy. Overall, these haven't drastically impacted my rating, as I know a lot of this is due to being a younger company, and I've had a really stellar experience here. 1) No 401k match plan and lacking some benefits of larger organizations in the tech space. 2) Diversity in leadership. This has been, and continues to be, a major focus of our People team (very much appreciated.) 3) Often work on multiple projects, sometimes outside of the confines of your role. This speaks to the fast-paced, constantly changing environment of a small and scrappy company - often times we are called upon to take on additional projects, and you have to be someone that rises to that challenge. Not necessarily a "con" in my book, more of a realistic expectation.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Perfect for those who want to get busy building something special

Oct 5, 2020 - Communications in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a hard worker who is fulfilled by knowing you can see the impact of your work every day, then Classy is for you. Not only does the company's mission to empower the world for good make you proud to work here, but there is space for creativity, strategic thinking and pushing the boundaries of what's possible - not something you get at every company. If you love seeing your ideas come to life (and don't mind getting your hands dirty in the process) then working at Classy will be very fulfilling.

Cons

If you are the type of person who likes to stay in your lane and not step outside of your comfort zone, then Classy isn't a place for you.

4 people found this review helpful

Classy Response

Head of Stakeholder Impact

Thank you for the feedback and your contributions to Classy. We are happy to know Classy's mission makes you proud to work here and that you feel you can have a tangible impact. We will continue to take the time to check in with employees and encourage mechanisms to gather feedback from staff to improve and iterate as we learn and grow together.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Classy

Apr 6, 2021 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good mission supporting solid organizations

Cons

wouldn't recommend to anyone other than a new grad

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

The best place to have an impact in tech

Dec 10, 2020 - Management in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work makes a difference; we help nonprofits raise billions online. Customer engagement is one of my favorite things. Smart, driven team. Super interesting problems to solve. Fast paced due to growth, but you can still have your nights and weekends.

Cons

It feels like some key roles are still to-be-hired. Still maturing in the back office functions. Could use a higher work from home stipend.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 207 Reviews