Classy Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2020

4.2
Classy Co-Founder and CEO Scot Chisholm
Scot Chisholm
Pros
  • "Love the mission, the people that work here, the company culture & environment(in 22 reviews)

• "Product is best in class and you can stand behind what we are asking nonprofits to invest in(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "You have to be type of person that is okay with growing pains and constant changes (literally, by the hour)(in 22 reviews)

• "Glad to be heading to greener pastures with an employer that actually provides a 401k match and a fosters a culture of respect(in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Most fun developing software for an awesome mission"

Current Employee - Senior Director Engineering in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you love engineering challenges and not simply being a cog in a corporate wheel, this is the place for you! Exposure to full stack development spanning React, Angular, PHP, node - to mention a few technologies. A great focus on building the next generation of fundraising software in the cloud taking advantage of new developments on the AWS ecosystem. You want to build microservices and explore what it truly means to migrate to serverless, sure - this is where you get to do research spikes, evangelize your tech design to your peers and put it into the product backlog. Fast paced and exciting to see your work directly impact a non-profit's mission. Welcoming and open workplace where every team member is always ready to help you out.

Cons

As with any tech enterprise that wants to do a wealth of change in their corner of the market, sometimes we move faster than we should. Processes are maturing and this will get better in the long run.

November 11, 2019Sr. Manager, Recruiting

We are glad that you chose to build with us at Classy and happy to hear you have enjoyed yourself so far. We take your recommendations to heart and are continuing to hone in on sustainable practices and people investments.

2. COVID-19

"Best company in San Diego!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, the mission, our clients, the values including the DEI efforts, the response to COVID, best product in market (and getting even better recently with launch of Facebook integration), the virtual Collaborative was amazing. I started when the culture was at a low point and the company was at war with an investor JMI. Over the past twelve months I’ve seen a dramatic turnaround of not only the culture but overall business success. The future looks very bright and I’m excited to be part of the team!

Cons

Honestly not that much right now. The people team and leadership have done an incredible job managing through COVID. The culture has never been better since I’ve been here, and we’re all remote still. Maybe benefits could be slightly better but I’m nit picking.

June 18, 2020Head of Talent

Thank you for the feedback. We are very happy to hear that you've found the work from home transition to be as seamless (as possible) and feel that the culture is thriving!

3. "Amazing culture, amazing company"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Classy.org is truly one of a kind. The executive team is open and honest with us and is constantly moving us in a positive direction focused around our mission and core values. The culture they’ve created is unique and special. The employees care about each other and it truly is a one team one dream culture. The view from the office is gorgeous, overlooking Petco Park. Lots of company and team building events. Management truly wants the best for all of its employees and shows that in many ways. The software is the best on the market and Classy has brand recognition across the industry.

Cons

No matching 401k. Pay could be higher.

June 1, 2020Head of Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in our employee centric approach and we're glad it is shinning through.

4. "Great fast paced culture with fantastic people"

IT Helpdesk Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy

Pros

The company moves fast and is open to change. Culture is progressive and forward thinking. People are cool and a joy to work with.

Cons

Company doesn’t match 401K contributions.

March 31, 2020Head of Talent

Thank for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that you are enjoying our culture and people!

"Amazing place to work - staff, office, mission, work/life balance!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Classy is an awesome company and I love working here. The staff is amazing, so many incredible and smart people but also insanely friendly and fun! The office is great, very comfortable and open - kombucha on tap, beautiful windows and view, it definitely feels like a place I like to go to every day. Ability to work from home and flexibility is amazing, makes life so much easier to get your work done, when and where you need to! The mission and vision of our leaders is great, and very grounding. I trust their values and I watch them live by these values and run our company by our values everyday. I believe in the work we're doing and love working toward a mission I completely agree with and a vision I can get behind. I have freedom to make my projects my own - it is a start up so you definitely need to just jump in and start building something, don't wait for someone to explain all of what you need to do or hold your hand - but I love that! Really, it's just an awesome place to work with people who have great intentions and are just figuring out a way to all do the best we can toward our common goals. There is a huge emphasis on being yourself and honestly, we just have a lot of fun.

Cons

It can feel a bit daunting sometimes at Classy, there is a lot to get done and not a ton of structure in place to make it efficient or as easy as it could be. I think that leadership encouraging and emphasizing structure and better ways to work across departments/share information/etc. would lead to much more efficiency and productivity. But really, this is a common struggle for many orgs. I also think that while we talk a lot about diversity and inclusion, we definitely can improve in opening ourselves up to more varied perspectives and emphasizing more opportunities for employees to educate ourselves and walk the talk. I have seen headway on this, which is awesome! It can also sometimes feel like different departments are valued disproportionately, which can lead to a problem with retention or feeling valued.

March 31, 2020Head of Talent

Thank you for this valuable feedback (your advice is sound and timely)! We are working with outside leadership coaches and are currently in the process of building a more robust and coordinated leadership framework. It won't happen overnight, but we believe in the power of strong leadership. We also believe that our new goal setting framework will help us with structure and consistency. We'd love if you joined our DEI Classy Community (if you haven't already). It sounds like you have some really fresh ideas that we could benefit from!

"Great Place to Grow Your Career"

Current Employee - Lead Product Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came to Classy about 2 years ago from start up culture and felt right at home. It's fast paced, exciting, and there's plenty of opportunity to make an impact. I am fortunate to have a position that allows me to work cross functionality with leaders across the organization. From leadership down to the front line, I truly feel that people who work at Classy are here because they want to help nonprofits make the world a better place. People are passionate, hard working, and we look to build each other up and challenge each other to be better. And, it doesn't hurt that we have an amazing office, great benefits like 1/2 day Friday's the first Friday of the month, volunteer time off, and they just started work from home Wednesdays! I've really appreciated the strides the organization has made to train and invest in their managers, as well as provide opportunities for leaders to step up and take on projects outside of their comfort zone. Our CEO has a strong vision for where he wants to take the company and is a hands on leader that truly adds value. He's constantly working to better himself, the organization, and find ways to support and empower his staff.

Cons

It's fast-paced which means things change often. You have to be comfortable with change and ambiguity, and have the ability to step up and be an owner. That's the name of the game in start-up culture, but that's not for everyone.

March 31, 2020Head of Talent

We're so happy to hear that Classy is providing you with a well rounded experience.

"Best Job & Work Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Care in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the mission, the people that work here, the company culture & environment! Learning so much about SaaS and it's the best knowing that your everyday work contributes to so many causes around the world. Even the "bad" days here are better than good days in other work environments!

Cons

Cost of living in SD is high so that's something to consider when you're discussing pay here.

February 3, 2020Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for the feedback. We're glad to hear that this experience has outshined others you've had. We want Classy to be the best job any of our employees has ever had - we'll keep working hard against that goal!

"Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Classy's culture is hands down the best Ive experienced in my career. I appreciate the flexible schedule with unlimited PTO, creating a better work life balance for employees- priceless! Pay is competitive, lots of professional development opportunities, and the BEST part of Classy are the people.

Cons

A lot of growth and opportunities, which is not necessarily a con, but that means change is par for the course.

February 3, 2020Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for the review and the sound advice (we agree). We are so happy that you are enjoying Classy's culture and perks as well!

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredible people, incredible mission, awesome office with dogs everywhere!

Cons

Working in tech support, your day to day is dependent upon the performance of the platform.

February 3, 2020Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thanks for the note and feedback. Glad that the mission, people, and pups resonate with you. We agree- platform performance is super important to everyone involved - we've invested a great deal into site reliability to ensure optimal performance!

"Great place to grow your sales career!"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Classy has a great sales structure that sets you up to succeed in the role. Management helps guide the process while still allowing you freedom in your sales style. All systems set in place are their to help YOU succeed and it is an incredible feeling having a team of people there to support you. Training is FANTASTIC - both as a new hire and ongoing. Plus the culture and the ability to help non-profits do great, is a huge bonus.

Cons

Truly none that I can think of now.

February 3, 2020Sr. Manager, Recruiting

We are thrilled that you are thriving here and that the training has really made a difference for you.

Found 183 reviews