Classy Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Classy Co-Founder & CEO Scot Chisholm
Scot Chisholm

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Company culture and management support is really what I love about my job" (in 19 reviews)

• "Classy has the best people and an excellent work/life balance" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "With any growing company there are growing pains" (in 18 reviews)

• "401k matching not yet available" (in 17 reviews)

1. "The people at Classy create an unparalleled atmosphere and culture"

Current Employee - Finance Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* The office atmosphere is better than I could have imagined
    * The people in the office are consistently pushing themselves to be better, which creates an environment of personal and company growth
    * There is a great balance of work collaboration and out of office team building - I feel welcomed and encouraged to participate across departments
    * Upper management does a great job of communicating information throughout org levels

Cons

*The kombucha tap runs out too soon

Advice to Management

Create even more opportunities for departments to provide visibility on projects to other departments

"Fast Growing and Learning Company"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are tons of great reviews on Glassdoor and for good reason. The best way to describe this company is really smart people working really hard to create an awesome product. There are definitely some road bumps and things that can be improved, but overall, everyone is working towards improvement.

Cons

Just like every company growing fast, Classy is working through growing pains. There are constant improvements being made and the only limitation is the amount of time it takes due to resource constraints. No doubt we will get over this issue.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards improvement!

"Best job, best company!"

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Classy has such an amazing work environment and so much room to grow. I have enjoyed every minute that I have worked here.

Cons

So far, I have not seen any cons. However, you need to be open to change with a startup environment and be able to go with the flow.

4. "Great people and Company - But terrible recent changes. Be warned before entering. The reviews aren’t reality here."

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers are great. Management doesn’t have a clue as to what they are doing and are building a plane as they fly here. Several employees 10+ were let go simply because they didn’t balance books right. Employees were let go who hit quota and had no warning. You aren’t treated with respect here unless you are surpassing quota, even if you’ve hit quota before or are using PTO time you’ve earned, you will be forced out of here and told to sacrifice everything for a 10minute phone call where you are trying to force a nonprofit to look at Classy without discussing the price or anything about the product really. You will be told from management that you are a loser if you aren’t successful at this due to their archaic new management tactics which are pressuring reps.

Cons

Took away commissions. I signed 3 different compensation plans in less than a year here each time lowering my compensation.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. Treat employees like professionals. If you are going to micromanage let that be known in the interview process. Pay people for the business they bring in and be honest that you will be pushed out of the company within a month if you aren’t performing. You can’t play with people’s lives like that.

"Quite Refreshing"

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having worked for a number of large companies in San Diego, I can honestly say that Classy is such a refreshing change. The people, the values, the work style... everything is so special. The CEO sets the tone of authenticity and it is clear he cares about the mission and the people who are driving the company forward. The culture is something I wish could be bottled- so much more than cold brew and kombucha. The company is also taking active strides to build on an inclusive and diverse workforce. New parents are also provided with added support to help them re-acclimate into the workforce.

Cons

As a growing start up, there are still things being "figured out." It could be frustrating to employees coming from a more resourced and structured environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to build infrastructure that is light enough to allow for agility.

"Great Culture, Incredible People"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative and inclusive work environment
    Tons of growth and opportunity to advance your career
    Helping nonprofits raise money for important causes
    Great company culture and perks that make coming to work everyday enjoyable

Cons

401k Match and honestly that's all I can think of

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent about growth and the future of Classy
    Keep investing and developing current employees

"Amazing sales environment!"

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for inside sales organizations for over a decade and I can say that the culture piece is a difficult one to get right, Classy has done it right. The culture is supportive, fun and still an awesome driven sales environment. It is very refreshing to work for a CEO who cares so much about the customer, his business, and his people. Overall, in a world where it is hard to find a company and especially a sales team that checks all the boxes, Classy does just that. I feel lucky every day to get to be a part of a company that is making the world a better place.

Cons

We hire alot of people without sales experience because we have a great sales development program, and those people love Classy's mission and purpose so they think they will just "try" sales. However, what they don't realize is how hard sales is, how many dials you have to make to just get someone on the phone and how you have to really have fantastic communication skills. Which means there are people who come in and get frustrated at their career choice but love the company. My advice would be love sales first, and then Classy will be the best company you have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing!

8. "The best place I've worked!"

Current Employee - Finance and Operations in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Finance and Operations in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is welcoming and wants you to succeed. The culture is seriously the best I've ever been a part of in a professional setting and the people you work with will undoubtedly become close, personal friends.

Also, Classy works to make sure it's a balanced environment so while we work really hard, we play just as hard.

Lots of cool benefits, including being a pet friendly office (which is my personal favorite), medical benefits, gym discounts and great PTO.

Cons

The lack of 401(k) matching. It will happen, but the waiting is tough sometimes.
    Also, since it's open concept and a full floor, it can get loud at times.

These are seriously the worst and only complaints I have. Classy is amazing.

Advice to Management

Keep working to build a well-rounded team and striving to keep the culture.

"Fast-paced business with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Classy full-time

Pros

- The people. The brilliant, supportive, creative team I work with drives me to bring my best everyday.
    - Awesome culture
    - Supportive management
    - Fast-paced
    - Transparent leadership
    - Lots of growth opportunity

Cons

- Because Classy is a growing company, things can change constantly - whether that's goals, processes, or functions. But this can also be exciting and keeps you on your toes.

"A very special work environment"

I have been working at Classy full-time

Pros

- Our CEO is energizing... He cares deeply about his employees and is driven by his mission to do help the nonprofit sector change the world for the better.
    - Front-line employees are talented, brilliant, fun and motivated to deliver game-changing experiences for our nonprofit customers.
    - Classy exists to make the world a better place... I feel that energy every morning when I walk through the doors.
    - Senior leadership has done a nice job of building a culture of teamwork, hard work and fun... They've done an even better job of protecting it as the company grows.

Cons

- Start-up pay and benefits... All the pros almost make up for that.