Classy Employee Reviews about "company culture"

Updated Jan 16, 2020

4.1
Classy Co-Founder and CEO Scot Chisholm
Scot Chisholm
Pros
  • "Love the mission, the people that work here, the company culture & environment(in 22 reviews)

• "Product is best in class and you can stand behind what we are asking nonprofits to invest in(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "You have to be type of person that is okay with growing pains and constant changes (literally, by the hour)(in 22 reviews)

• "Glad to be heading to greener pastures with an employer that actually provides a 401k match and a fosters a culture of respect(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "company culture"

Return to all Reviews

"Best Job & Work Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Care in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the mission, the people that work here, the company culture & environment! Learning so much about SaaS and it's the best knowing that your everyday work contributes to so many causes around the world. Even the "bad" days here are better than good days in other work environments!

Cons

Cost of living in SD is high so that's something to consider when you're discussing pay here.

Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for the feedback. We're glad to hear that this experience has outshined others you've had. We want Classy to be the best job any of our employees has ever had - we'll keep working hard against that goal!

"Classy review"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

unlimited PTO, company culture, connection to the mission, DOGS, good work/life balance

Cons

there is no matching 401k

Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for the note. We are happy that your experience so far has been a pleasant one!

"Great, happy work environment"

Current Intern - SDR

I have been working at Classy for less than a year

Pros

happy company culture, casual wear, busy/ fast-paced, lots of room for improvement and growth, open and transparent teams with a lot of space for communication, great company culture - really feel like you're working for the greater good- love selling a product that has potential to make a huge impact (and has done so already)

Cons

lots of turnover - because it is a start-up, not everyone intends on staying here for a long time

Continue reading

"I love coming to work everyday."

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture and management support is really what I love about my job. We are given the best training and tools to succeed in this job. There is so much room to grow here professionally, if you work hard and want it enough! So many cool work events too. I feel valued by the company, leadership and my mangers. But most importantly we work with AMAZING non profits that are doing so much good in this world.

Cons

Can't really think of any!

Continue reading

"Great Career with a Purpose"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Have a career with great impact on the world. This job actually helps people make a real difference. I come from the nonprofit space and it's easy to have big goals to change the world, but so difficult to create tangible action steps to get there. Classy helps these nonprofits harness their fundraising potential and see real results! -Amazing company culture- as they have grown, it's clear they have not lost sight of their culture, which is so rare to achieve! -Always open to new ideas and striving to be better -Truly show that they value their employees

Cons

-Must be flexible with change. Not really a con, but if you aren't comfortable with change, I wouldn't recommend working here

"Love this Classy Family"

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture here is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced (in a great way). Everyone is so friendly and truly wants you to succeed. Especially for someone moving to a new city, Classy has been amazing at providing me a tight knit group of friends. It’s so easy to be yourself here and no matter what kind of person you are, there is a group of people here for you. It’s so obvious how much emphasis is placed on employee happiness here - and clearly it is working. Also, working for a company that partners with thousands of nonprofits across the US gives me a lot of satisfaction knowing that we are providing a tool for awesome organizations to accomplish their missions. I like to think we are in a “best of both worlds” scenario where we partner with nonprofits, but Classy is a for-profit company.

Cons

Lots and lots of changes. This isn’t necessarily a “con”, but if you are someone who prefers that processes stay constant and you dislike having some changes thrown your way, Classy may not be the place for you. But just know that each and every change is done with the best intentions. It might be frustrating at times, but I always try to look at the bigger picture because it’s true, we have some lengthy goals to hit at times but each change is done to give us a better chance at reaching those goals.

Sr. People Operations Specialist

Thanks for writing in. We hear you and are continually looking for ways to increase communication in our ever-changing world. It's fantastic to hear you've found a community and fulfilling work here at Classy!

"Welcome Home"

I have been working at Classy full-time for more than a year

Pros

To quote one of my colleagues--I'm a lifer as well. This is truly a wonderful place to be, and every day I am so happy and grateful to be here. You are truly valued here, the support we have is unparalleled! Every attention to detail is thought of when it comes to moving our team, clients, and company forward. Great company culture--blend of personalities, backgrounds and experiences. Our victories are celebrated, our challenges are addressed, and we find a productive way to push on. The end goal is for everyone to truly find where they best fit in, and where you will be most successful and happy in your role.

Cons

-More ethnic diversity, it's better than most companies--but something that we should still be working towards growing.

Continue reading

"The most exciting and rewarding experience in my career thus far..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time

Pros

I was somewhat skeptical coming into Classy thinking there's no way it can be as good as it sounds, but I'm so happy to be proven wrong. Pros include (but are certainly not limited to): - Surrounded by all-stars; colleagues are hungry, driven and supportive - Learn something new every single day - Always purpose-driven, from our vision and mission to even the day-to-day decisions that get made at every level -Opportunities to deepen involvement in company culture are there if you want them, but not forced if you don't -Leaders empower their teams to take ownership of projects and grow by leaps and bounds -Inspiring sessions like "Brain Food Fridays" that connect us to our clients' amazing work and allow each employee to really see Classy's positive impact first-hand; especially great for those who don't interact with clients on a day-to-day basis -How can I not mention the dogs and cold brew?

Cons

The only con I can think of is born from the fact that it's an incredibly exciting time for Classy: as with any rapidly growing company, there are some expected pain points along the way, but how the team navigates these – while staying true to Classy's vision and core values – is impressive.

Sr. People Operations Specialist

We aim to make the employee experience at Classy fantastic for everyone, and are so pleased to hear we’ve exceeded your expectations coming in. We truly appreciate your feedback.

9. "A Very Classy Place to Work"

I have been working at Classy full-time

Pros

Forward-thinking tech company that values its employees (regularly referred to as "Family"), its customers (nonprofit organizations of all sizes), and its mission. Management is extremely open and accessible, with transparency being a key focal point. Opportunity and encouragement for professional and personal growth is all around and yours for the taking. There's always something going on, never a moment to be bored with such a smart, talented, diverse and driven team. Great company culture and awesome office environment - Petco Park and Coronado Views + office pups, cold brew on tap, regularly catered lunches, Brain Food Fridays and solid benefits. Classy takes its core values to heart and operates from a place of integrity - too often a rarity these days.

Cons

Currently no 401K matching, but have no doubt we'll get there.

Sr. People Operations Specialist

Thanks for writing and pointing out that Classy operates from a place of integrity. I couldn’t agree more! We’re glad you’re part of the Family.

10. "Sales Development Rep"

4.0
    Sales Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Classy

Pros

Great company culture. Fun location and leadership is very easy to communicate with.

Cons

Just general start up aches. Nothing specific to the company.

Found 22 reviews