Classy Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Sep 26, 2019

4.1
Classy Co-Founder and CEO Scot Chisholm
Scot Chisholm
Pros
  • "Love the mission, the people that work here, the company culture & environment(in 22 reviews)

• "Product is best in class and you can stand behind what we are asking nonprofits to invest in(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "You have to be type of person that is okay with growing pains and constant changes (literally, by the hour)(in 22 reviews)

• "Glad to be heading to greener pastures with an employer that actually provides a 401k match and a fosters a culture of respect(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Company & Talented People"

I have been working at Classy full-time

Pros

- Get to work with talented and motivated people that genuinely care about our clients and direction of the company. - Transparency from leadership during monthly all hands meetings - Feel a connection to the mission - Unlimited PTO - Tight knit team and always feel supported by management and peers - Company initiatives and mission driven groups: ClassyGives: Each year, company fundraises as a community for a Nonprofit Organization using the Classy platform. Project Green Diversity & inclusion Toastmasters - Casual dress

Cons

- Went through some growing pains that are standard for start ups though believe the best days lie ahead - Product quality took a hit when scaling up market due to how things were prioritized.

Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for the note! We are happy to hear that you appreciate our investment in Classy employees. We will continue to strive to take Classy to the next level.

"Great Company and even better people but definitely challenging at times"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I worked at Classy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people make it great, I've never been surrounded by more genuine, caring and supportive people in a workplace. CEO is awesome, truly cares about his employees and that attitude is reflected in a lot of the work place. The office is epic. Great culture and people definitely like to have fun along with performing well. Leadership for the most part is very transparent, open and willing to listen to feedback from anyone. I'd like to think that none of the leaders have a large ego here which makes them very relatable and easy to get along with. The work itself and the partners make things rewarding, you get to see the work you do has a profound impact on nonprofits and ultimately helping people in the world

Cons

You read the other reviews, there's definitely been hiccups along the way, growing pains. Its not perfect and that's no secret. I'd like to think it's exciting working at a company at this stage of their life and the challenges that come with it, you learn so much. Those challenges can have negative impact on people though which can be tough. There is also a lot of pressure from investors and the board and that can definitely be felt within the company. Also working with nonprofits can be a grind, really tough to work with at times in terms of how they operate.

Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for the note. We are glad you are enjoying your journey at Classy. There have been hiccoughs along the way (and this industry can be tough) but we are confident that the online giving space is ripe for disruption and our hard work will pay off.

"Love working here"

I have been working at Classy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work with some of the best colleagues around.

Cons

As with any growing company, there have been some recent growing pains, but I trust this will ultimately set Classy and it's employees up for long term success.

"Best Company in San Diego"

I have been working at Classy full-time for more than a year

Pros

While I realize this may depend on your team, I sincerely love my job, the people, and the opportunities at Classy. You’ll work with some of the smartest people here and with people who genuinely wants the company to do well. People are invested in the company mission to do good in the world and aren’t just zombies at work, which is refreshing! Tons of opportunity in this industry. You’ll get exposed to so many things and new challenges working here as the company continues to climb, you’ll learn a ton, and work with deeply passionate, interesting, and realest people. Other perks - unlimited PTO, flexibility, nice office environment, and the company is working on being more diverse

Cons

You have to be type of person that is okay with growing pains and constant changes (literally, by the hour). It also seems decisions are made top down always when sometimes you need employees helping make decisions, too.

Continue reading

"Working toward something better"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a lot of great people working at Classy around a shared mission to empower the non-profit community. The company is still small / young enough that anyone coming in has an opportunity to make an impact.

Cons

There's some growing pains as Classy works to scale its business, platform and identity while holding on to it's young, scrappy, upstart soul. For engineering, it can often feel very top down from other departments on what we build and why.

"Fast Growing and Learning Company"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are tons of great reviews on Glassdoor and for good reason. The best way to describe this company is really smart people working really hard to create an awesome product. There are definitely some road bumps and things that can be improved, but overall, everyone is working towards improvement.

Cons

Just like every company growing fast, Classy is working through growing pains. There are constant improvements being made and the only limitation is the amount of time it takes due to resource constraints. No doubt we will get over this issue.

Continue reading

"A company providing careers that make a difference"

I have been working at Classy full-time

Pros

If you're tired of being "a cog in the wheel" then Classy is the place for you. Instead of working for a company where you die a little inside everyday while making a bunch of execs rich, you can be part of company that is truly making the world a better place. Classy builds software which enables NPOs to build schools, cure diseases, help those in need, and a variety of other noble causes. From sales to engineering they have some of the best talent in the business. The bar is high and people put their heart into their work. You can't beat the culture and passion of this place. Unlike working for a mega-company, you can actually see the difference your contributions make at Classy.

Cons

With any growing company there are growing pains. This is to be expected. In comparison to many other startups I've worked at, Classy's challenges are healthy and reasonable.

Continue reading

"Best tech company in SD"

I have been working at Classy full-time

Pros

The environment is invigorating! It is great to work in an industry that serves the world at large but the group of people at Classy is phenomenal! The company goes above and beyond in developing you personally. From wellness meetings to life coach speakers to toastmasters to career conferences.

Cons

As the company grows in size there's definitely some growing pains. Not all the processes are fully defined. But that's an opportunity for anyone to step up and drive it forward.

Sr. People Operations Specialist

Thanks for the props! The People Team values your opinion and would welcome any ideas to better enable cross functional communication. We hope to hear from you soon and are glad to hear you're taking advantage of the development opportunities in the office.

"Marketing"

I have been working at Classy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Tons of room for professional growth - Growing, fast-paced company committed to succeeding - Great leadership and product vision - Employees & management truly care about each other

Cons

- Fast-paced....so be willing to jump in and provide meaningful value - Growing pains....so be willing to navigate change and know you have the ability to make a difference

Continue reading
  10. "The first of many years here..."

Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Classy

Pros

My time here at Classy has truly been an eye-opening experience. Past jobs have left me wanting more from my industry, management, and company. Classy is truly invested in helping the NPO's of the world make a difference. And that attitude and conviction ring true from top to bottom. When I first arrived I thought I would be the only one here from outside of the tech or NPO space. What I found is that my story was far more familiar here than I thought. Classy is full of dreamers and forward thinkers who left their previous jobs to work at a company that shares their passion. Doesn't hurt that you get to live in San Diego as well! I've been in the workforce for a while now and can say unequivocally that you will find few places that truly care about their employees, customers, and impact like Classy does.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons, problems, or complaints that are worth mentioning here in this review. As with most younger companies, there have been some growing pains. But Classy has navigated them well.

Found 22 reviews