Clayton Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.5
Kevin T. Clayton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The teams are looking to expand with new team members which will improve the Work Life balance for many departments (in 6 reviews)

• Great people here who are very spirited and into the company's mission (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, Limited vacation time for sales staff (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management is not versed in digital marketing, so it can be difficult to justify and gets action approved for the department (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture with continued growth and dedication to our team members. We strive to provide the best experience possible to all of our internal and external customers.

Cons

I have been here for 18 years and have not experienced a down side to this company. We were able to still remain profitable thru the housing crash of 2008 and continue to grow in all areas. We are dedicated to building happiness, one home at a time.

Advice to Management

Our leadership is dedicated to growth and team member fulfilment. Continue to make our team member and customers the focus of our business.

"Im here for my customers, make good money"

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meet great clients, can make more than the CEO as long as you keep your pipeline going, can put great people in great homes, never a dull moment, can make company trips, win gift cards with fun contests. Sales process class is great

Cons

hours are horrible, only 1 day off per week. Senior management acts concerned about what goes on in the sales level but just tells store manager to make the problems go away. Store manager stays drunk and barely comes to work so our sales manager is actually doing the job of manager, insurance is horrible. we cannot have bariatric surgery coverage. This is not understandable on many levels as we are the ones that keep this company going. Without a healthy sales staff, there would be no Clayton Homes. Managers forewarn each other when auditor is in town and when Senior management is in town as well.

Advice to Management

relook insurance to add weight loss surgery, get some undercover people to come in to check on managers,

3. "Sales"

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Work/life balance is tough to manage.

Advice to Management

I have none to give

4. "Stay away!"

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Drawings for safety mile stones. Decent work schedule good benefits. Other than that nothing positive to say about this job.

Cons

Upper management is not where it needs to be and at scale does not match surrounding area need a lot of work done to machines but don't allow maintenance or the mechanics time to provide it.

Advice to Management

Re evaluate pay scale and cost of living.

"Intern"

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time

Pros

Pretty great atmosphere at the beginning

Cons

No help to move up at all from corporate. Job postings aren't technically real

"Clayton Transportation Stealing Employees Money"

Current Employee - Driver in Andersonville, TN
    Current Employee - Driver in Andersonville, TN

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Used to be fun place to work and enjoyed coming in to work everyday. But in the last few months things have went down fill. The started cutting jobs and then last week cutting hourly employees by $3.00 an hour and the big boss gloating how he got a 5% increase raise. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them

Cons

Everything about this place is a con now. You can't trust your employer what does that say about it. Never know if this going to be the day the fire you are cut you all the way back to nothing

Advice to Management

Stop firing hard working employees who had been with your company 20+ years and taking money from the employees. It is wrong and I don't know how your able to lay your down at night and sleep.

7. "TMX Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Wakarusa, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in Wakarusa, IN

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, fun atmosphere, servant leadership

Cons

Can think of none at this time

Advice to Management

none

8. "Love the company / love the people"

Current Employee - Computer Analyst II in Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Computer Analyst II in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family Oriented - great benefits - great opportunities - great values

I have been with Clayton for two years and was a contractor for them before that. I work at Corporate in Maryville, TN as a Computer Analyst.

Just like any company there is some office politics but all in all, I feel the company genuinely care about its employees. I have had several different managers in the past two+ years and with the training that they all go through I have never had a horrible one. I have never had a problem with letting the manager know if I have a work related issue. We have always been able to work through them.

I also feel that Clayton believes in what they do. I do believe that they want to see customers in homes and does not leave the customer after the purchase is over.

The benefits are great, their benefits rate up there as one of the better ones that I have had, even in this day and age.

Cons

There is office politics with every job and this isn't any different. Although, I am not usually affected by the politics, I know they go on.

90 days before benefits kick in, this includes PTO. I understand this is common but it is the first time I have ever had to deal with it.

9. "Experience"

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time

Pros

The company is what you make it. It is a great company owned by Warren Buffett who takes care his employees. As long as the salesman are selling homes your job security is good.

Cons

The hardest part of the job is just trying to get a customer to visit a home center when they are unsure if what we offer is the right fit

Advice to Management

Experience with management was positive and the room for growth and opportunity for advancement are present. Culture was well defined in the workplace

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Credit Services in Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Credit Services in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Low Stress
    Decent people to work with
    Wonderful facilities

Cons

Low pay
    Manager quality can be all over the place