Clayton YES! Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Experience"

Former Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The relationship you build with the students. I was easy to move up and become program director.

Cons

The hours, they were really strict on going into overtime.

"Face Palm!"

Current Employee - Site Director/Site Coordinator in Keller, TX
    Current Employee - Site Director/Site Coordinator in Keller, TX

I have been working at Clayton YES! full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

split shift incase your kids get sick or you have doctor appointments, free childcare for your kids. That is all!

Cons

The company is very unbalanced- they are trying to fix things but mostly what needs to be fixed is management. They are very disorganized and are never on the same page with procedures. I have had many run ins with upper management lying about or "forgetting" they said something about procedures. Typically with the Site Directors we have a "we're family" appeal. But so many people (corporate employees, program specialists, Program Coordinators and Site Directors are quitting, its really sad how far down this company has come. They only care for the interests of the parents/ children ( yes, we are in that business but your employees need to be looked after too... or there will be a high turn over- like what we are struggling with now. The only reason I have stayed is for the free childcare, split hours and off on weekends. I love the kids at my school but it seems year by year it's getting worse for them at Clayton. They are bored! They hate the learning rotations and it makes it harder for the employees working with the kids! They need to relax after school, their poor brains are fried after an 8 hour day. Summer with Clayton is a joke!!! They expect everything from us working it but don't give us the tools needed to actually do what we are being made too do, then blame us for it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and they might stay. Keep the kids relaxed and happy and it might not cause disciplinary issues. If the kids are happy, workers are happy, then the parents are happy... which in turn makes the company happy and successful.

"Site Coordinator"

Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're able to make connections with various schools and teachers in Fort Worth. Its great for networking!

Cons

-Management is lazy and abusive and they are quick to lie about you or blame you for a mistake they will make.
    - There is racism and sexism in the company.
    -Human resources will not actually help you, and if your program coordinator ( supervisors) is harassing you, they will side with the harasser, even if there is evidence that they are completely wrong. Then you will get written up for being harassed.
    - company blatantly breaks the law by telling you to move your hours around so you wont go over time or to make room for training.
    -company hires people who are unqualified and have not passed the federal background checks.
    - benefits have been slashed significantly since when I first started 2 years ago.
    - management is constantly changing company policy and day to day procedures without notification.

Advice to Management

Fire all the Program Coordinators and Human resource and start over again. Start investing in your site coordinators and program specialist, stop treating them like garbage you can just cast aside.

"Horrible People"

Former Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Working with kids and making a difference in there lives
    pay is higher than Minimum Wage

Cons

Terrible Horrible Staff
    Abuse
    Racism
    Unprofessional
    Gossip and Liars
    Disrespectful
    Careles

Advice to Management

get your company together stop treating you employee like garbage and making stuff up about people that isn't true biggest gossip company i ever worked for company is a joke and has no morals or principles all you do is bully people

5. "pretty good job"

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Clayton YES! part-time

Pros

decent pay for the work
    nice people and the kids are great
    trainings aren't bad and can be pretty funny and useful

Cons

hard to drive to school so early in the morning
    parents are sometimes frustrating
    don't get to see the supervisor who hired me very much

Advice to Management

make sure everyone gets to go to the trainings when they have to work

"Site Coordinator"

Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very committed staff, people with heart, and the company has many positive goals

Cons

Sometimes expectations are unrealistic about how much Site Coordinators can accomplish based on all the hats they wear.

Advice to Management

Take Site Coordinators out of the ration so they can oversee their sites more effectively

7. "Site Coordinator"

Current Employee - Teacher in Crowley, TX
    Current Employee - Teacher in Crowley, TX

Pros

Flexible hours for someone who doesn't have children or don't want to advance in their career. This company has been around too long to let go.

Cons

The use of grant funds is not according to Texas Education requirements. FES lost my usb with student information files and social security
    The Human resource staff dont have degrees

Advice to Management

You are loosing good people hire some people with degrees.

"Site Manager"

Former Employee - Site Manager in Keller, TX
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Keller, TX

Pros

If you like working with children. Good hours (they make sure you don't get too many hours) . Good working hours during the school year.

Cons

The people they put in charge in certain times! They are ones that like to be"in charge", not that they follow minimum standards, but they like to use their position to be mean spirited, unfair to the workers, are partial to workers, Being in child care for many years, they resent you greatly if you want to work and follow "the rules". To me the saddest thing is the children involved (field trips are a nightmare) . The unpreparedness, failing to follow ratios. The rotations and curriculum is always age inappropriate. The staff get stressed and quit or stay and let their feelings out on those around.

Advice to Management

It does no good to say anything to management! They only believe in who or what they want to hear. They are just trying to keep the company afloat and in turn it gets worse and worse. So many good people have left that all that is left is what they have now!

"Unorganized and unprofessional"

Former Employee - Site Coordinator/Site Supervisor in White Settlement, TX
    Former Employee - Site Coordinator/Site Supervisor in White Settlement, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the staff are very focused on the students in their programs and value the relationships they build within the school. Employees work hard to ensure their programs are meeting the needs of the community.

Cons

The leadership within this company is unorganized, unprofessional and unethical. The turn over rate with Clayton is very high and this includes the management and leadership team. The CEO has changed at least 3 times in 6 years. The contracts and grants are not guaranteed and the company seems to be failing. The pay is low for the effort needed to keep these programs running and you are often asked to work on your own time without compensation, though it is never admitted by management. You are asked to fit a 70 hour work week in to a 40 hour time sheet and then lectured about time management.

"Ineffective Program"

Former Employee - Program Specialist in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Program Specialist in Arlington, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Assisting in the academic and personal development of inner city youth. Making a difference in the lives of troubled youth. Being a part of the educational process for future generations.

Cons

Employment turn around rate. Inadequate staff. Low budget programming options. Lack of teaching materials. Uncaring staff members. Ineffective staff. No benefits associated with the position.