Clayton YES! Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"great place to work with great benefits"

Former Employee - Site Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Site Director in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

co-workers are like family, vacation time accrues every paycheck, paid training, parents are awesome, kids make you want to come back everyday, lots of people who work there are college students and college graduates, employees tend to stay 5-10 years or more, summer and christmas bonuses

Cons

can never work 40 hours, do not pay overtime, if you do go over your hours then you receive a strict warning, reach a ceiling once you reach Director status, small company, not many people know about Clayton, Do not do large advertisements, can only enroll students attending the school you are at, sometimes you have to share your space or get kicked out of your space by school staff, on boarding process could be improved - first day on the job didn't receive any guidance to what exactly I was supposed to be doing, director had so many kids she didn't have time to train me

Advice to Management

do a 2 day on boarding process and cut reading the entire manual word for word in a 5 day 6 hour per day "training" process. give us the book and test us per section over the course of 3 months. and focus on what we will really be doing by going to the training centers and having one specified person there to narrate what is going on and what we should be doing. This would be a realistic job preview where you could rule people out based on interactions/learning on day one.

"Working for Clayton YES! is a great job if you are a college student."

Former Employee - Group Leader in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a group leaders you get part time hours M-F. You get VIP hours for sick days. Pay is more than minimum wage. Yearly bonus and sometimes a raise.

Cons

Never work as many hours in the summer as they say. Sometimes they don't work with on the schedule in the summer. Some kids can be really difficult.

3. "Daycare"

Former Employee - Daycare Group Leader in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Daycare Group Leader in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing opportunity to work with great people and help shape the lives of young children. Very rewarding

Cons

Not very stable schedules. Not for people with children who need you.. You will always miss the first day of school and field days

4. "Headed back to the top"

I have been working at Clayton YES! full-time

Pros

Clayton YES! Has been through some tough times in the past year. The employees who remain focused on the mission will help this agency succeed. We are under new leadership and will soar to greater heights than we have ever seen. Keeping our focus positive and moving forward, the sky is the limit. I have had some concerns about the changes taking place and have been able to talk with Human Resource and had my mind put at ease.

Cons

There are no cons because we are moving forward from today on. This is our new beginning!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Continue to be supportive as we go through another change, never forget the staff are the backbone of what we do and appreciate them for all they do for kids everyday.

5. "Better times are starting"

I have been working at Clayton YES! full-time

Pros

Clayton YES! is an organization with a great history, important mission and tremendous opportunity. It has all this to build on and it is beginning the process of becoming an greater agency than it has ever been before. Exciting times ahead!

Cons

Clayton YES! has lost some experienced people in recent years and that creates some challenges. On the positive side, there are many opportunities for the new comers to make their mark on the agency.

Advice to Management

Listen to the team. Try new things. Aim high for the children and family served by Clayton YES! They deserve it.

6. "Not Known"

Pros

Clayton YES! has always remained focused on the children. They have been through a lot of changes in the past year, but the children remain a focus of the Agency. The changes that the Agency is going through are for the better and Clayton's employees remain strong and believe in the Agency's mission.

Cons

If you are with the Agency for the right reasons; i.e. the children, then there are not any cons to working at Clayton YES!

Advice to Management

Remain strong and continue to focus on the mission of the Agency. The changes that are being made are for the better and the Agency will continue to grow.

"Good for College Students"

Current Employee - Program Specialist
    Current Employee - Program Specialist

I have been working at Clayton YES! part-time

Pros

Few hours which is good for students, ability to make a change in youth's lives,

Cons

15 hour weeks for part time, difficult to move up in ranks, little possibility for a raise

Advice to Management

Pay increase, more benefits, paid summers,

8. "College Student"

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time

Pros

Pay is good per hour, company is friendly, lots of trainings, environment is good

Cons

Little hours, no pay increase, short staffed, promotions are hard to come by

Advice to Management

Pay your P.S more and allow more time notice for trainings, also better communication between P.S and Site Supervisor

9. "Substitute Group leader"

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time

Pros

Great hours and flexible schedule.

Cons

Unorganized as far as school assignment.

10. "Experience"

Former Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The relationship you build with the students. I was easy to move up and become program director.

Cons

The hours, they were really strict on going into overtime.