Clayton YES! Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working with kids makes each day unique (in 4 reviews)

• Making a difference in the lives of troubled youth (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Do NOT trust anyone especially Human Resources (in 4 reviews)

• The Program Coordinators are horrible with the exception of one (in 2 reviews)

1. "A really good job for me right now"

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Clayton YES! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It works really good with my schedule and the kids are super fun. Most of the parents are really nice. My school is pretty close to where I live, but sometimes I have to drive to a different school. The site coordinator lets us have choices with the kids. So much better than working at a fast food place.

Cons

I could really use more shirts. But they're not very strict on jeans. I got a birthday card from them in the mail but it came like three days late.

Advice to Management

Come visit us! We had so much fun for the lights on day. It's hard to get up when I have to help with a morning shift, so maybe bring us coffee or something. But everybody is really friendly and my PC is super cool with my schedule.

2. "Not the best."

Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Keller, TX
    Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Keller, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Students , parents, school administrators are great, especially if you have built great relationships with them. Work experience you gain looks good on resume. Salary was pretty decent for the position more than what other after school programs pay.

Cons

Overall I did not like working for Clayton. For starters some of the tenured employees are extremely unprofessional and ignorant, which can make for unpleasant and hostile work environments. I definitely think leadership showed favoritism to employees. Summer is absolutely horrible for kids and staff. They put people in charge who literally only care about being in charge and dictating. No family like environment at all. Staff lie and snitch.

Advice to Management

For the most part I like a few of the new people in management and the goal and vision they have for Clayton however, when you have staff who are so stuck in their ways and reluctant to change it is hard to push the new vision. I honestly think a lot of the tenured staff should be let go or retrained especially professionalism and working in collaborative environments. Stop letting staff treat people any kind of way. These people are to comfortable and need help with understanding change.

3. "Specilist"

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy working with youth, you'll have a wide range of those.

Cons

Staff is usually short, making for more work on those who stay. Late notices to mandatory meetings. Low pay. Unqualified supervisors. Aggressive specialists with horrible attitudes (reason my child will not attend certain programs) Unorganized programs -- blessing and a curse, you'll learn to think on your toes because you have no other choice but it's stressful being a hard worker surrounded by people who just want a check.

Advice to Management

Get organized. Be truthful in meetings and trainings

4. "Good Job"

Pros

Understanding Supervisors about real life situations. Job appreciation. Fun times with smart children.

Cons

Gossip, unfair pay raises for ceetain employees/not across the board.

Advice to Management

Enforce terminations when needed.

"Face Palm!"

Current Employee - Site Director/Site Coordinator in Keller, TX
    Current Employee - Site Director/Site Coordinator in Keller, TX

I have been working at Clayton YES! full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

split shift incase your kids get sick or you have doctor appointments, free childcare for your kids. That is all!

Cons

The company is very unbalanced- they are trying to fix things but mostly what needs to be fixed is management. They are very disorganized and are never on the same page with procedures. I have had many run ins with upper management lying about or "forgetting" they said something about procedures. Typically with the Site Directors we have a "we're family" appeal. But so many people (corporate employees, program specialists, Program Coordinators and Site Directors are quitting, its really sad how far down this company has come. They only care for the interests of the parents/ children ( yes, we are in that business but your employees need to be looked after too... or there will be a high turn over- like what we are struggling with now. The only reason I have stayed is for the free childcare, split hours and off on weekends. I love the kids at my school but it seems year by year it's getting worse for them at Clayton. They are bored! They hate the learning rotations and it makes it harder for the employees working with the kids! They need to relax after school, their poor brains are fried after an 8 hour day. Summer with Clayton is a joke!!! They expect everything from us working it but don't give us the tools needed to actually do what we are being made too do, then blame us for it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and they might stay. Keep the kids relaxed and happy and it might not cause disciplinary issues. If the kids are happy, workers are happy, then the parents are happy... which in turn makes the company happy and successful.

"Site Coordinator"

Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're able to make connections with various schools and teachers in Fort Worth. Its great for networking!

Cons

-Management is lazy and abusive and they are quick to lie about you or blame you for a mistake they will make.
    - There is racism and sexism in the company.
    -Human resources will not actually help you, and if your program coordinator ( supervisors) is harassing you, they will side with the harasser, even if there is evidence that they are completely wrong. Then you will get written up for being harassed.
    - company blatantly breaks the law by telling you to move your hours around so you wont go over time or to make room for training.
    -company hires people who are unqualified and have not passed the federal background checks.
    - benefits have been slashed significantly since when I first started 2 years ago.
    - management is constantly changing company policy and day to day procedures without notification.

Advice to Management

Fire all the Program Coordinators and Human resource and start over again. Start investing in your site coordinators and program specialist, stop treating them like garbage you can just cast aside.

7. "Experience"

Former Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The relationship you build with the students. I was easy to move up and become program director.

Cons

The hours, they were really strict on going into overtime.

8. "The best of the worst?"

Current Employee - Site Coordinator

I have been working at Clayton YES! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People leave other companies to come here .... but they do not stay!

Cons

No raises in salary. HORRIBLE communication from the top down. High turnover. A definite disconnect between corporate office and the direct care workers. No real opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone at corporate and start fresh! Management training is needed, communication training is needed.

9. "Substitute Group leader"

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time

Pros

Great hours and flexible schedule.

Cons

Unorganized as far as school assignment.

10. "Site Coordinator"

Current Employee - Site Coordinator

I have been working at Clayton YES! full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They at lest gave us bonuses that they took away... but that's just giving us back what we already earned ...

Cons

I show up everyday, my center is successful and happy, I haven't had a raise in years, ..I would like one.