Clear Channel Outdoor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Scott Wells

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Family environment, healthy work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Depending on the market, the work environment can be tight-knit and great for networking (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management didn't realize what it had until people quit (in 15 reviews)

• It's evident that the goal is to eliminate stand alone branches as much as possible, no room for growth outside of Phoenix or New York (in 6 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Miami, FL

I have been working at Clear Channel Outdoor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Clear Channel Outdoor is a great company to work for. I have always felt empowered to make decisions. Everyone in company management has an open door policy and responds no matter where you rank. It's like a large family operated business.

Cons

None to report at CCO.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in new locations. There is no better return on investment than the outdoor advertising business.

2. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at Clear Channel Outdoor full-time

Pros

The company values hard work and is willing to train their employees.

Cons

high sales budgets and sometimes unattainable bonus potential.

3. "Great camaraderie, low pay"

I have been working at Clear Channel Outdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've met some of the greatest people at CCO. They make coming into work not miserable. There is actually a great sense of camaraderie that you don't find in many offices. I like the open floor plan, which helps facilitate communication.

Good work/life balance. Most everyone has left by 5:30, which is saying a lot in NYC

Cons

LOW PAY. This might be bias because I am in the NYC office, but my salary, and almost every other non management salaries aren't able to live. No joke.

Also the account executives need to not think they run the joint. Of course they are the ones doing the selling, but we don't all solely exist to help them make commission. Don't treat sales support like crap... Not just sales assistants (although they get the grunt of it), but chartists, research, finance, marketing, everyone!

Horrible benefits too. High deductible health insurance plan, 10 vacation days...

Advice to Management

Pay more. Also don't treat assistants too poorly.

4. "Okay place to start out at but nothing more"

I worked at Clear Channel Outdoor (More than 8 years)

Pros

You learn a lot about advertising & demographics for your target audience, ok benefits, you can network quite a bit too (depends on your position).

Cons

drama, low pay/no raises for non-sales people & poor communication between managers and others.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees and offer more than .30 per hour raises (come on!).

5. "Are females sought to rise to management (and supported once there)?"

I worked at Clear Channel Outdoor full-time

Pros

Out of home advertising is effective and therefore the product is fantastic.

Cons

Recently a male was promoted to a position formally occupied by a female, the Branch President position in Minneapolis. In general, not an unusual event, however my advice for any female considering a management position with this company is to gain an understanding as to what the gender culture is within the company. I would ask about the quantity of female managers that have left in the past three to four years. For example, why did the female VP of Sales in Boston leave? Is the female regional manager taking a lesser role now? Why did the female VP of Sales in Las Vegas leave? Why did the female Branch President of Minneapolis leave? Why did the female VP of Sales in Chicago leave? It would be good to gain an understanding if there are a similar amount of male managers that leave. Also, it would be good to understand what the current ratio of male vs female in all the VP of Sales positions and Branch President positions company wide.

6. "Good place to work at for a year or two but not longer than that"

I have been working at Clear Channel Outdoor full-time

Pros

Some great, super smart and creative people. Company is always doing something new and innovative and it’s great being a part of that. Company is also flexible when it comes to working from
    Home, doctors appts,etc

Cons

No raises and promotions are rare - little room for advancement and development unless you work in sales which seems insanely stressful. Benefits are very expensive especially if you have a family and they also change every year. No paid mat leave and zero options for paternity leave.

Advice to Management

Morale seems to be a big issue that no one seems to care about doing anything about

7. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Clear Channel Outdoor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the job, co workers and Management is fine.

Cons

Company changed our commission structure and we are getting screwed.

Advice to Management

Don't resolve your financial problems by reducing the Account Executives pay. Which was low percentage wise to begin with, compared to sales commissions with other companies. I worked hard to grow my accounts, earn commissions, did well, so now I feel taken advantage of.

"Graphic Designer"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Clear Channel Outdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location is good with majority of the people being very nice. Once you get use to your daily duties the job can be very comfortable and stress free.

Cons

Hardly to never getting a raise and you probably want move up in the company. The Account Executives are the most important people there so they get the first priority, bonuses, and extra perks before anybody else in the company. Your skills probably want get any better unless you are proactive and search for trainings outside of the job. There is a high turnover rate here!!! I have probably seen at least 15 people leave this company in the past 2 years.

Advice to Management

Care about ALL your employees more! Pay them and give them perks and bonuses for doing a good job. And please be as honest with everybody as possible. Don’t give people the run around why they are not getting a raise or being promoted. It might be a tough talk but at least people will respect you more.

9. "It’s a job."

Pros

There are a few good people that have been with the company a while. Good learning experience. Smaller in-house departments.

Cons

Communication is not good. Management is hands off. Expectations are set high for employees, but not facilitated by management. Can expect to do others jobs for them. Branches do not work together well.

Advice to Management

Support your staff and let them know you appreciate them. Be the leaders the staff expect you to be.

10. "Where Do I Even Start......"

I have been working at Clear Channel Outdoor full-time

Pros

Relatively fun team outings, decent people outside of work, decent time off available.

Cons

If you are support staff for the sales team, expect to get the lowest pay you can imagine and constantly treated like an expense to the company no matter how hard you work and how loyal you are.
    Corporate and management do not actually listen to employees, and communication overall is awful.
    Turnover of employees is high.
    There is an underlying disgust for millennials in their tone when they talk about them.
    Pay increases are based on company performance therefore never happen even if they are promised.
    Do your job well and you'll get treated and compensated like someone who does their job poorly.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Give more flexibility with work schedules. Invest in them and trust them - pay them what they're worth, make the health insurance work for them, and stop micro-managing.