Clear Channel Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman
Bob Pittman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company with great people (in 18 reviews)

• There were perks such as meeting celebrities on a daily basis, getting free concert tickets and free access to clubs (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • They don't want to make anyone full-time because they don't want to pay anyone benefits if they don't have to (in 10 reviews)

• No training or entry-level support (in 9 reviews)

1. "Get ready to Party!"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

It's fun! There are parties to attend constantly and you get the benefits of lots of concerts, sports tickets, etc for free! There are also generally many opportunities for advancement, especially if you are willing to move to a new area and if you are interested in taking on a new job. Once you are in the door, your benefits only increase and the opportunities become more abundant. There are also different branches and a number of training activities, so almost whatever your job, you will have an opportunity to go away for training on that position and related software.

Cons

It's publicly traded so there is a lot of red tape. Plus, you have the FCC to watch out for if you are on air. Sometimes you can end up in a market that doesn't have the best management. If the management skills at your particular market are less than adequate, that can really decrease your satisfaction and functionality. I think many people who have worked for Clear Channel and gave a bad review probably just were in a bad market. But Clear Channel is set for success, so if you aren't happy in your market, I'd suggest relocating to another before writing off Clear Channel altogether.

Advice to Management

Make sure your General Manager in each market is the right person in the right place.

2. "It was a great time and great Experience"

Former Employee - Promo Intern in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Former Employee - Promo Intern in Saint Louis Park, MN

Pros

the people you work with are great, and you get to go to a lot of different events that are fun.

Cons

unpaid and a lot of the events you work are on the weekends and are eaither in the morning or at night so you might lose out on a lot of weekends

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

3. "This is the best job I have ever had!!!!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Biloxi, MS
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Biloxi, MS

Pros

The management team is always looking for ways to help you build your job skills. I grew as an employee and as a person from working with such great people! I was given every opportunity to learn new things ranging from how to build a client base, how to successfully build a market event from the ground up and given the sholls to vamp up my leadership skills! Everyday was exciting! I am grateful to have had the oppotunity to work for the best!!! Wish I could have stayed!

Cons

I know the Account Execs were stressed due to quotas, but money and numbers is the name of the game. Clear Channel seems to be constantly restructing - employees have to hold their breath every time this takes place in hopes that they will have a place to work tomorrow. However from what I understand - most are given a generous severence package.

Advice to Management

Give loyal employees some notice before you give them the ax. Also, remember smaller markets are important too. The ties they have with their community is on a much more personal level and the benefits of these relationships make the name "Clear Channel" stonger and long term.

4. "Great career for someone who is professional and consistent in sales."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Pros

Work hard, play hard team environment. Opportunity to travel and hard work is rewarded. Top sales performers do very well and earnings with 6 figures. Advancement possible as company grows.

Cons

Not a place for clock punchers who want little or no change in their life. There will be constant change here with new markets and assignments. You must embrace change to survive!

5. "Very good"

Former Employee - Image Coordinator in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Image Coordinator in Nashville, TN

Pros

Free concerts & meet and greets!

Cons

As you'd expect, too big and depersonalized

"Past Face, Fun, Great Co-Workers"

Former Employee - Key Account Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Key Account Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun Environment. Lots of Perks such as Concert Tickets, Meeting Celebs and working with DJs

Cons

It is not a typical 8-5 job, sometimes I had worked 24 hours at a time. You are required to be in the office and make appointments and get sales and if needed, entertain clients, attend concerts and then report back to work at 8am. Though it sounds glamorous, it is draining and honestly, I am glad I was a part of such a great company, but I did not have a life at all. No time to date or meet people. Thats why 90% of the employees are not married or divorced. This job takes up all of your time. You are basically all commission as your monthly pay is based on a draw. Clear Channel recently went Private and they reduced the commission by 90% hence I left after 4 years. I LOVED working there, its great if you are young and single and motivated.

Advice to Management

Management is the best! They are so fun! But they are also very deadline driven. You can play all day but you must bring results or you get let go pretty fast. HUGE turn over. This job is for someone who can play hard and work hard. I loved it there! I had to move on and eventually get a life of my own :)

7. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the poeple that I worked with. Very fun group of employees, who work had but also have a lot of fun. Many company events to attend, and they are fun, not borring!

Cons

Can be hard to sell advertising to small local businesses, especially in touch economic times. It can get someone overly completitive in the office, and if you find a new business...try to keep in on the down low, until the ad's go live.

8. "Fun Place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Asheville, NC

I worked at Clear Channel full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere
    Fun to go to work
    Meet music stars
    Creativity to help write radio spots

Cons

Know your market or your chances of being successful are slim

Advice to Management

Continue to provide a great work place and continue to inspire your team.

9. "Work hard, play hard"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never laughed so hard in my life. I absolutely love coming into work every morning. The people here are incredible--the best I have ever worked with. People have taken a genuine interest in my success and have gone out of their way to make sure that I have the resources I need. I love this company and I love my co-workers!

Cons

I do not have any negatives to say. Clear Channel is in a state of change so for people who do not like to get their hands dirty--this isn't the company for them. But for people who like to work hard, the benefits are amazing. I love my job and I know that I am definitely more than just a number for this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to set your top performers up for success. Top performers need to constantly be challenged--continue to give them projects to work on to stimulate their minds. In regards to poor performers, continue to mentor them and mold them into the best possible employee. Allow them to shadow a top performer so they can "learn from the best."

"Times change and so have they but one thing remained constant: I never got treated any different!"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fair, good pay, organised and structured.

Cons

as a private company owned by investors, they are all about the bottom line with nothing else in mind. Employees are just numbers.