ClearCompany Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2020

4.2
ClearCompany CEO Andre Lavoie (no image)
Andre Lavoie
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains, common with a smaller, growing company(in 12 reviews)

• "With ClearCompany, you must expect to be working collaboratively with all other locations(in 8 reviews)

"Supportive work environment"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager

I have been working at ClearCompany full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great leadership, upward mobility, positive surroundings, transparency. I love coming to work and feeling supported by my management team. I can see that that comes from the top down.

Cons

Honestly, none that I can think of.

ClearCompany2020-03-18

April 13, 2020Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and for focusing on the leadership at ClearCompany and their impact on your mobility and surroundings. Many companies promote policies and good intentions, but the ability to see them fully realized is based on the support and action of leadership. I appreciate you shining light there, and so happy to read of your positive experience with us!

"Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at ClearCompany full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people I work with are genuine, collaborative, inclusive, entrepreneurial and professional. Because of this, I actually enjoy coming into the office each workday. The culture is unlike any other professional work environment that I've experienced before. Sure, we have cold-brew and beer on tap. But it's so much more than that. My team truly cares about my professional development. I recently was provided the opportunity to take the SHRM-CP exam. All expenses and training were provided by ClearCompany. This was a huge milestone in my career and couldn't be more thankful.

Cons

Growing Pains. We've grown significantly over the past 2 years. With growth comes some pain. But I feel the senior leadership team has a clear path towards sustainability and am excited to see where we go next.

ClearCompany2020-03-03

March 4, 2020Manager, Talent Acquisition

I really enjoyed reading your review. I think we do a great job of creating a fun atmosphere for our employees, but you’re absolutely right, creating lasting engagement and retention goes much deeper than the nitro cold brew coffee and beer. I appreciate you sharing our focus on long term career growth and ClearCompany supporting you to hit this major professional milestone. Congratulations! We also promoted 24% of our workforce last year, compared to 11% across the industry. I too am excited to see where we go next!

"Best Place I've Worked!"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at ClearCompany full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome location in southern Fort Collins that's walking distance from a ton of restaurants and shops. Flexibility to work from home when needed, and take time off when wanted/needed. Growth opportunities are available if you work hard and reflect the core values in your decisions and work. The people in the FoCo office are the best and such a fun group! Great company events like happy hours, boat days at Horsetooth, holiday parties, etc.

Cons

Have to be at the company for 1 year to see 401k match, and 2 years for 3% match

ClearCompany2020-02-24

March 2, 2020Manager, Talent Acquisition

I love to see when employees say this is the best place they’ve worked! Thank you for sharing and for a comprehensive review around growth opportunities and our amazing team members. Regarding 401k, I would add that it’s 100% vested upon match, unlike many companies that provide a higher match upfront but on a longer vesting schedule. With a commitment from leadership to add at least one benefit per year, in the last 2 years we’ve added 401k matching, long and short-term disability, life insurance, pet insurance, flexible vacation, and recently provided equity to every employee (equity is discretionary annually). I’m excited to see what is next. Thank you again for your review!

"Feels like home"

Current Employee - Channel in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at ClearCompany full-time for more than a year

Pros

The tight knit community and top-down transparency make ClearCompany an incredible place to work. ClearCompany is a place for do-ers, people that want to carve their own path, substitute problem solving where others would complain, and people that are comfortable navigating the landscape of a rapidly growing company in a rapidly growing market. ClearCompany has given me second chances when I've failed, opportunities to impact the organization as a whole, invested in me personally and professionally, and fosters a culture that makes coming in to work every morning feel genuinely good. To me, this place has been inclusive, exciting, challenging, and incredibly rewarding. Whereas those that have left might complain about "inexperienced management" in our younger leadership teams, I would assert that authenticity prevails far more than inexperience. I would recommend ClearCompany if you: - Want to make an impact on the bigger picture for your organization - Want to work in an inclusive environment with an incredible culture - Want the freedom to get creative with your problem solving - Want to work in a forward thinking industry

Cons

-Growing pains, common with a smaller, growing company. Sometimes there are frustrating limitations or issues involved with such new processes that have yet to be ironed out. Can be inconvenient, but also allow the opportunity to craft new solutions -Career pathing appears a bit black and white as far as who can move into what type of role. Whether or not that is the actual case, could use some extra detailing & internal communicating to team members

ClearCompany2020-02-24

March 4, 2020Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough and honest review. You call out some important characteristics shared by our A-players such as being proactive (“do-ers”) and having the ability to navigate the landscape of a rapidly growing company. When talking about our career pathing, it is fair to say that given our level of growth we are developing our career roadmap as we go. I think some of the same skills apply such as being proactive in identifying positions you would like to advance to, presenting ideas/opportunities for personal growth, and communicating with your manager to develop a plan of action together. It is worth noting that ClearCompany promotes 24% of its workforce annually compared to 11% across the industry. We are also working on new workforce planning tools, that we plan to make a part of our product offering, which will automatically highlight internal employees by self-identification or by skill set who should be considered for promotion during the job creation process. As you point out, communication is paramount to achieving results, and we’re working hard to better prepare managers to proactively plan for your growth.

"Best job I’ve ever had"

Implementation Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at ClearCompany

Pros

Amazing location in Back Bay with an awesome view, full flexibility to work from home or take time off whenever needed (unlimited vacation), standard holidays. Growth opportunities are there for the taking if you’re willing to work hard and drive your own success. Management is there to help whenever needed but does not micro manage. The company is filled with great people who are more than coworkers, they’re friends. Great medical/dental/401k match, beer and cold brew on tap, corn hike, ping pong, holiday parties, quota crusher dinners, yearly gifts, etc.

Cons

The pay can be on the lower side to start but it’s worth it to be part of an amazing company and if you work hard, you grow into success and a good salary follows that. You need to be there 2 years to get the full 3%match 401k

ClearCompany2020-02-21

February 24, 2020HR Director

Thanks for this great review! I'm so glad to hear your experience at ClearCompany has been a positive one! Thanks for pointing out the opportunities to grow at ClearCompany, we work hard to provide opportunities to keep our top talent engaged and growing professionally. We do require an employee be employed for 2 years to receive the full 3% match, but the match is also 100% vested upon match vs having a vesting schedule.

"Best Company & People I've Ever Worked With"

I have been working at ClearCompany full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ClearCompany is a place where you can be yourself. Leadership encourages individuality and collaboration to drive innovation. An example is that our CEO gives everyone in the company a poker chip that you can cash in to implement an idea that you feel will improve your department, a process, or the company. If you're getting pushback or "no's", you can cash in the chip to implement. His attitude is that when he co-founded the company with our President, he was an expert on the product and the company at that time, but now, all of our employees are the experts in our respective areas and are in the trenches and can see where change and growth needs to occur and wants everyone to have a voice. One of our core values is "Ideas Over Egos" and we are driven by ideas, no matter who or where they come from, not by egos, titles, or a department gatekeeper deciding who and what ideas get funnelled up a hierarchy. I've not been told "no" yet on any of the key initiatives that I wanted to implement after presenting sound logic, reasoning, and numbers to back it up. The company practices what it preaches in using its own technology to hire, retain, and engage talent. These are some of the brightest, and most team-oriented individuals I've ever worked with. As a result, collaborating while having fun in the process comes natural, and we all share a common thread of wanting to be the best in class. We are given an entrepreneurial environment where it's OK to fail and try again. The results speak for themselves: 300+% growth over the last several years, double-digit consecutive growth for 12 years, 4 yrs straight on the Inc 5000, a recent co-selling partnership with ADP, and $60 million in funding at our back in partnership with Primus Capital. ClearCompany is also the most transparent company I've ever worked at. We know about game-changing deals at their inception and are provided weekly updates and opportunities to ask questions and address any concerns on the direction of the company; we cover topics of department performance, recognition, new hire introductions, and anatomy of big wins in an all-hands meeting. The company once announced in this meeting that after some research it learned that we were paying women less than men and then promptly corrected it. Lastly, with 20+ years in technology, I know that diversity is one of the most important yet hardest to achieve goals. ClearCompany is pushing hard with training, researching, and implementing changes in it's hiring practices. The company has achieved 51% women representation and 50% women in leadership. HR & Leadership are also pushing to increase inclusion and raise numbers in ethnicity, LGBTQIA+, and more.

Cons

Our growth and the personal and professional opportunities it brings may be the most exciting thing about ClearCompany, but it is also our biggest challenge. This is still a relatively small and therefore very visible company. If you're doing a great job, everyone will know it, and if you're not doing a good job everyone will know it. If you're used to heavy structure of a large organization where you do a small function and you have a department to carry everything into action for you, this is not the place for you. Here, if you identify an area of improvement or see a need for a process change, chances are you will be implementing it and following through on rolling it out to the dept/company. People that are entrepreneurial and that know how to independently apply discipline, logic, and process to an ever-changing environment will thrive here. These same folks are also willing to bridge the divide of where we're at to where we want to be, meaning that sometimes they will be covering additional work as the company adds staff. You can't hide out here and collect a check. You have to be wired to drive growth. We are builders, creating what this company will be; we're not showing up to turn the wheel another rotation. Regarding comp, it is fair for the market personally speaking, but there are some areas where we are a little lower for the market. Leadership has continued to evaluate that and has made adjustments across the company. Again, we are about 170 employees so you might not see the same base package as an enterprise-level company, but the pay for performance packages are typically on par or better. The company also commits to adding at least 1 new benefit every year, and recently added 401k matching, pet insurance, and life insurance along with several market-based pay adjustments.

ClearCompany2020-02-10

February 24, 2020HR Director

Thanks for this great review! I'm so excited to hear that your experience has been a positive one and for your honest assessment of how entrepreneurial and driven the employees are at ClearCompany. We do continually evaluate compensation and do our absolute best to remain competitive in today's hot employment market and provide growth opportunities.

"Amazing place for hard working people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at ClearCompany full-time for less than a year

Pros

Real recognition of efforts. Surrounded by people of the same or similar caliber. Challenged every day to learn and grow. Amazing culture. Supportive non-siloed teams.

Cons

It is software create to solve the larger issues, not all the small ones. That fact is sometimes missed in the sales process.

ClearCompany2020-02-25

March 2, 2020Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write this review highlighting our collaborative culture, top talent, and culture of recognition! It means a lot to receive that feedback from team members. As a longtime user of a variety of HCM tools prior to ClearCompany, I am curious to learn more about your mention of our software being created to solve larger issues which is a detail sometimes missed in the sales process. In my opinion, it is a major differentiator that our platform focuses on hiring against a proven methodology and maps to the mission/vision/ values of our clients, instead of just automating a process. I.e. If you have a turnover problem, you’re not just automating it. Built on that strategic foundation, and speaking as a user, the platform gets very granular as well in fulfilling day to day needs and functionality. If you’re open to further discussion, I’d love to learn more about your perspective on that point. Thanks again for this review!

"Inspired to be a part of the ClearCompany family"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at ClearCompany full-time for more than a year

Pros

- We are helping customers solve real business challenges - Camaraderie of the staff - I can be myself and have fun - A very competitive comp/ commission plan that reflects my contributions to the company - Sales opportunities are assigned, so I can focus on closing business (what I am good at) - Everyone feels like an owner, as the founders recently awarded stock options to the entire staff this year - The Boston office location is phenomenal

Cons

- Getting started can be overwhelming, there's a lot of product information to learn - There is a lot of change happening -which I was told was coming- but I underestimated how much - There is not a lot of process in place, so sometimes things can feel unclear, especially for a newer person

ClearCompany2020-02-09

March 2, 2020Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review. It’s great to hear your positives around camaraderie, compensation, that you feel as a trusted owner and can be yourself here. These are cornerstones of long-term success, and we’re so grateful to have you with us. With such rapid growth, I agree with your areas for improvement and will share with leadership. There is constant change, and when necessary, new processes need to be implemented to adjust. Though we provide 2 weeks of formal product training and 4 months of ramp for our sales roles, we are working to improve the content of those programs for a better experience.

"Great so far"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at ClearCompany full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Similar to other reviews, the location is great - coworkers are really helpful, especially getting started. Current group works really well together - comp plan allows for high earnings - popular space to sell in, company has a strong message

Cons

- it’s clear there are growing pains with new roles and figuring things out - more sales enablement is needed and widely requested

ClearCompany2020-01-30

February 11, 2020HR Director

Thanks for this feedback! We're certainly working on providing everyone the tools they need in order to be successful - we appreciate your understanding during this time of growth!

"Good opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at ClearCompany full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people - I really enjoy the team and atmosphere. Pay is actually quite competitive and benefits are okay (could be better). Central location in the city and leadership has consistent communication to the biz

Cons

I’d like to see more outside training brought in - inside training is helpful and certainly offered, but outside perspective could be really beneficial. More budget for team building would be nice, and an increase in tools for the sales team is needed so we can be more efficient.

ClearCompany2020-01-25

January 27, 2020HR Director

Thanks for this positive feedback! We strive to make employment at ClearCompany a positive, rewarding and lucrative experience. For benefits we currently offer: medical, vision, dental, 401k with match, sick leave, flexible vacation, short and long term disability coverage, group life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefit, pre-tax flexible spending for health and dependent care expenses, a paid parental leave program, pet insurance/discounts and on-site health and wellness programs. If you're open to reaching out to HR, we'd love to discuss the benefit plan with you in more detail.

Found 63 reviews