ClearOne Advantage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Tomas Gordon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "great location, plenty of opportunities for growth/advancement, option to work from home, competitive bonus" (in 17 reviews)

• "Casual work environment, co- workers are fun to be around so makes you want to actually go to work" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are really no Cons to working at COA" (in 5 reviews)

• "Commission structure is almost unattainable" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Growing company delivering on promises to Clients & Associates"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere, team driven, high earning potential. Sales Team has doubled in size in 1 year and I have already been promoted.

Cons

This company is not perfect

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Stay Away"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home

40k base is good also

Cons

I have been in the debt settlement industry for years. I have always been in the TOP 5-10% in my career with debt settlement. Its a shame that COA tries to compete with the big names like FDR and NDR. The systems are slow and horrible they use quickbase for the whole process which slows everything down. They LIE about commissions you only receive 1/3 of your actual bonuses over 3 month and then 3 drafts HAVE to clear if it doesn't they charge it all back. They will charge you back for folder rejections and UW errors. I have never seen a comp plan designed solely for the profits of the company so blatant as well. Many people don't even close a sale in a week at all! I was 100% mislead by this company and it was an actual waste of my time. The training is two weeks of learning nothing, I genuinely felt bad for the people in my training class that had no prior experience because they learned nothing, watching them struggle was so hard for me. They also play top producer calls in training where people are lying to clients about credit impact as well and they praise them which is horrible! Its an actual failure.

I literally beg you to walk away from this company DO NOT APPLY. Managment never has any idea whats going on, I have worked for DISH network in the past which was rated the worst company to work for in the US, I would take that job in a heartbeat over this.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

3. "The Potential is There"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Potential for growth
    -Great support from managers and coworkers
    -More that just beer money
    -Get to help people get out of God awful situations
    -No cold calling
    -Laid back environment
    -Great work environment

Cons

-Weekly commission structure is awful and can have you dancing through the tiers, with A being the highest with the best leads, to C being the lowest with awful leads.
    -You can tell who their favorites are and who they feed leads to.
    -No progression when it comes to enrolling Spanish speaking leads, eliminating a huge portion of the market.

Advice to Management

I just wish that we all had a fair chance and the leads were evenly distributed. I loved this job because we were rewarded for the hard work, dedication, commitment and sacrifices that we made. Now, we are punished for it while there are newer folks who not only receive better schedules, but are given better leads.

4. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- laid back work environment
    - friendly staff
    - great culture
    - upper management support for growth
    - schedule flexibility

Cons

No cons for this company.

5. "Clearone Advantage is the Company You Want to Work For - Detailed Review"

Current Employee - Underwriter
    Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many.
    COA is a growing company that will continue to dwarf any competition. The program itself is extremely helpful, successful, and personally rewarding as you help others.

COA's success leaves countless opportunities. With every department constantly growing, new teams are created and many more Management & Team Lead positions are needed. Also, entirely new departments are opened that blanket others to assist in quality and innovations. COA is easily a place you can sit down and retire with, or a great place to enhance your resume or work experience. COA allows for lateral movement in the company, if someone feels there strengths can be better utilized elsewhere. Knowledge from one department will only assist you throughout the entire company, as every one works together very closely alongside our clients. COA is here to last.

Great staff, I make friends throughout my time here, and I have brought others to work with me, too. The company features an Employee of the Month for each department, and 1 employee who stands out above the rest is featured. These are rewarded.

Celebrations for every Holiday, THE BEST POTLUCKS. Hours are very flexible.
    At COA, we consider ourselves family.

Cons

There are really no Cons to working at COA. With that being said, this is a growing company and there is always work to do. Your work here is rewarded equally, at least. Going above and beyond is rewarded exponentially. Bonus structure is always kept very attainable, based off the current stats. COA wants to see you succeed. COA wants to see you earn bonus at every opportunity. Being on time is very important. Especially, as many choose to work virtually.

Advice to Management

Thank you. The Executives rarely sit down for long. They work on the floor right by the teams, constantly moving in-an-out with investors, marketing, whatever may be needed to advance this company. Teams are very naturally divided to allow many points of contact. Team Leads, Managers, Director, Executives. All fantastic, all in direct contact when needed.

"Sales Account Executive"

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time

Pros

This is a sales position that gives you a legitimate opportunity to make real money, regardless of whether you've never worked in sales before or if you have your entire career. You can realistically make six figures with this job if you put the work and effort required into it. This was my first job after college, and it allowed me to put down a substantial down payment on a house, buy an engagement ring in cash, a car in cash, etc. Also, your co-workers/managers here are great quality people, who truly do care about your success with the company.

Cons

Frequent, sometimes significant, changes made within the sales floor, albeit this is inevitable for any rapidly growing company.

"Account Executive for Debt Settlement Solutions"

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being an employee at ClearOne Advantage for 3+ years has been a great experience, and I have to say I never felt more at home, than at this job. The experience you get with the type of service we offer goes without saying, because you get the experience for the job, and for yourself in your everyday life. Over the past years I’ve been here I just continue to grow in a positive way, the company is growing as well, and to be able to help Client’s, when they are in need, and guide them to success, along with great opportunities at the job is exactly what I want in a job/career. We also have opportunity to make as much uncapped commissions, overtime, and plenty of opportunities to move up in the company. There is always a way to make money at this job, if its through commission, salary, context that are ran monthly, being promoted, and just doing the job that is required, and you will be a great employee!

Cons

Being patient with the changes that are made to make the company better, and it always works out for the betterment of the company, and employees. Also having to make sure you are helping the right client, making sure this program is for them. however you will know the in's and out's about being successful in this job with our great training classes that are provided.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work, in order to make us better at what we do.

"Account Rep"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited commission potential, ability to work overtime, good relationship with upper management, Every day is a new opportunity to make money.

Cons

Sometime the computer system we have is slow and can slow you down, but that is rare.

Advice to Management

Cap the sales floor at like 80 reps

"Sales manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment
    Opportunity for growth
    Extremely competitive compensation plan
    Welcoming culture

Cons

System can be slow at times

Advice to Management

None

"Not what I expected"

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When applying with Clear One Advantage I was under the impression that it was your typical run of the mill call center. This all changed when I got to the interview and am still very thankful and in shock almost one year later. This is the funnest company I have ever worked for and if you are a self-sufficient person, this may be your place. I love working a 9-5 type job but being paid well without any limit because of commissions. I really enjoy my co-workers, and the service we offer. This job forces you to become more social and learn how to speak in a genuine/professional manner with thousands of people that are going through a hard time. Being able to work remote is also very awesome!

Cons

I don't have much negative things to say about the company but there is always something! The recent change in the commission structure from a monthly to weekly format has been tough as if you have a bad week you might not get paid. As well the benefit system really does need a reformation as the company continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Consider switching back to a monthly commission structure.