ClearOne Advantage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Tomas Gordon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "great location, plenty of opportunities for growth/advancement, option to work from home, competitive bonus" (in 16 reviews)

• "Casual work environment, co- workers are fun to be around so makes you want to actually go to work" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Commission structure is almost unattainable" (in 4 reviews)

• "There are really no Cons to working at COA" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- laid back work environment
    - friendly staff
    - great culture
    - upper management support for growth
    - schedule flexibility

Cons

No cons for this company.

2. "Clearone Advantage is the Company You Want to Work For - Detailed Review"

Current Employee - Underwriter
    Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many.
    COA is a growing company that will continue to dwarf any competition. The program itself is extremely helpful, successful, and personally rewarding as you help others.

COA's success leaves countless opportunities. With every department constantly growing, new teams are created and many more Management & Team Lead positions are needed. Also, entirely new departments are opened that blanket others to assist in quality and innovations. COA is easily a place you can sit down and retire with, or a great place to enhance your resume or work experience. COA allows for lateral movement in the company, if someone feels there strengths can be better utilized elsewhere. Knowledge from one department will only assist you throughout the entire company, as every one works together very closely alongside our clients. COA is here to last.

Great staff, I make friends throughout my time here, and I have brought others to work with me, too. The company features an Employee of the Month for each department, and 1 employee who stands out above the rest is featured. These are rewarded.

Celebrations for every Holiday, THE BEST POTLUCKS. Hours are very flexible.
    At COA, we consider ourselves family.

Cons

There are really no Cons to working at COA. With that being said, this is a growing company and there is always work to do. Your work here is rewarded equally, at least. Going above and beyond is rewarded exponentially. Bonus structure is always kept very attainable, based off the current stats. COA wants to see you succeed. COA wants to see you earn bonus at every opportunity. Being on time is very important. Especially, as many choose to work virtually.

Advice to Management

Thank you. The Executives rarely sit down for long. They work on the floor right by the teams, constantly moving in-an-out with investors, marketing, whatever may be needed to advance this company. Teams are very naturally divided to allow many points of contact. Team Leads, Managers, Director, Executives. All fantastic, all in direct contact when needed.

"Sales Account Executive"

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time

Pros

This is a sales position that gives you a legitimate opportunity to make real money, regardless of whether you've never worked in sales before or if you have your entire career. You can realistically make six figures with this job if you put the work and effort required into it. This was my first job after college, and it allowed me to put down a substantial down payment on a house, buy an engagement ring in cash, a car in cash, etc. Also, your co-workers/managers here are great quality people, who truly do care about your success with the company.

Cons

Frequent, sometimes significant, changes made within the sales floor, albeit this is inevitable for any rapidly growing company.

"Account Executive for Debt Settlement Solutions"

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being an employee at ClearOne Advantage for 3+ years has been a great experience, and I have to say I never felt more at home, than at this job. The experience you get with the type of service we offer goes without saying, because you get the experience for the job, and for yourself in your everyday life. Over the past years I’ve been here I just continue to grow in a positive way, the company is growing as well, and to be able to help Client’s, when they are in need, and guide them to success, along with great opportunities at the job is exactly what I want in a job/career. We also have opportunity to make as much uncapped commissions, overtime, and plenty of opportunities to move up in the company. There is always a way to make money at this job, if its through commission, salary, context that are ran monthly, being promoted, and just doing the job that is required, and you will be a great employee!

Cons

Being patient with the changes that are made to make the company better, and it always works out for the betterment of the company, and employees. Also having to make sure you are helping the right client, making sure this program is for them. however you will know the in's and out's about being successful in this job with our great training classes that are provided.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work, in order to make us better at what we do.

"Account Rep"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited commission potential, ability to work overtime, good relationship with upper management, Every day is a new opportunity to make money.

Cons

Sometime the computer system we have is slow and can slow you down, but that is rare.

Advice to Management

Cap the sales floor at like 80 reps

"Sales manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment
    Opportunity for growth
    Extremely competitive compensation plan
    Welcoming culture

Cons

System can be slow at times

Advice to Management

None

"Not what I expected"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When applying with Clear One Advantage I was under the impression that it was your typical run of the mill call center. This all changed when I got to the interview and am still very thankful and in shock almost one year later. This is the funnest company I have ever worked for and if you are a self-sufficient person, this may be your place. I love working a 9-5 type job but being paid well without any limit because of commissions. I really enjoy my co-workers, and the service we offer. This job forces you to become more social and learn how to speak in a genuine/professional manner with thousands of people that are going through a hard time. Being able to work remote is also very awesome!

Cons

I don't have much negative things to say about the company but there is always something! The recent change in the commission structure from a monthly to weekly format has been tough as if you have a bad week you might not get paid. As well the benefit system really does need a reformation as the company continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Consider switching back to a monthly commission structure.

"Team Leader"

Current Employee - Teal Leader in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Teal Leader in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Work Environment (made some of my closest friends here).
    Management team is best I've ever had (Smart, Efficient Problem Solvers, Great Leadership, Friends just as much as your bosses).
    Commission scale compared to other commission structures for call centers is second to none.
    Working hours are easily doable. Don't have to work 7 days a week to make a great living.
    Job is easy.

Cons

Just like any Sales atmosphere, your success is contingent upon your own drive and the leads that are driven your way. Sometimes difficult to make money if you're receiving unqualified leads (but that eventually works itself out).
    With a growing company, management and the guys up top go through growing pains with Changes to the company (the sales floor more specifically). Change is the only constant, so that's inevitable for us to stay ahead of the curve. However, when their is a change that is not tested by a sample group and just thrown into place, that is not being efficient. Reps don't know what they're doing, Managers can't answer the rep's questions, and it's basically a waiting game over a certain period of time to get some real answers (whether the implementation works or not).

Advice to Management

There's not much that I can think of because. This is the best place that I've ever been. My colleagues that don't work here tell me how great everything sounds at ClearOne. Only being more Transparent with reps about what goes on in the background would be my only advice so that there isn't eventually a revolt.

"I love This job!!"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ClearOne Advantage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started with this company having little sales experience however they took the time to develop me into a great Account Executive. After being with the company for 6 months I was promoted to team lead and a year later I was promoted to management. This company is growing rapidly. The atmospher on the sales floor is amazing, management and Sr. reps go out of there way to make new hires feel comfortable and help to show them how to make money. Great financial opportunity with un-capped commissions. Last year I made 75k and am an average to above average employee, however there are many stellar reps making well over 100k a year!

Cons

there is none.. Who wouldn't want to work in a sales position that has a great base, un-capped commissions, and a fantastic "everyone is family" mentality!

Advice to Management

none

"Honestly Horrible"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at ClearOne Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some people at the office are nice.

Cons

Most are very self absorbed and toxic. The environment is extremely hectic and stressful. The managers are unhelpful and offputting. There is a racist attitude with some senior reps. They think its funny. You will never be able to figure out the commision structure. Every one has a different answer to commisions. No one seems to know.??? The computer program they use is absolutely trash. Much more about making profit then helping people out that are in a tough situation. Many things we say to potential clients are an absolute lie. Honestly my heart could no longer take it. The hours are absolutely horrible. Very late night hours. Though I left on my own, people get fired all the time. They use the word "fired" all the time to make you scared about losing your position even if your doing well.

Advice to Management

Where can I start...