ClearSlide Corporate Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Dustin Grosse
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The people and team I work with are intelligent, hard-working, driven individuals (in 15 reviews)

• Excellent work life balance- Like I said before, I was never asked to work 10 hours a day (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The sales team is starting to see their reps with actual experience leave for other companies now that they're figuring out they're all way underpaid (in 7 reviews)

• Definitely not for the faint of heart (in 4 reviews)

"Progressive SF Culture, Good Product, High Expectations"

Former Employee - Corporate Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ClearSlide (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work. Progressive SF tech culture. Above average benefits. Very reliable and high quality product. Stocked Pantry.

Cons

Lots of stress - yes it comes along with a sales job. That said, monthly quotas, and expectations from management of 10+ hour days every day. Grinder type personality is required to truly flourish here

Advice to Management

Glassdoor says I need to write something here in order to complete my review.

"Okay if it's your last resort"

Former Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Fantastic office location, benefits, and snack/beverage options.

Cons

I don't use the word literally very often becuase it's a little intense, but it applies here. There is LITERALLY zero employee appreciation. They will pat you on the back one minute, then fire you without warning the next. Throughout your time as a sales rep here, you will constantly be in fear of your job. I guarantee you.

If you have no job, no prospects, and nowhere else to go- I get it. But, use your time here to be looking for something better.

These negative reviews are not lying, but those B.S. awards they paid for are.

Advice to Management

I understand the desire to make money, but at what cost? Look at all the careers in your wake. Take the money and run, because you have no business managing people.

"Good place to grow professionally"

Former Employee - Corporate Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an entry level employee coming straight out of college, Clearslide was a great place for me to grow and learn as a professional. From day 1 management took a vested interested in my development and that continued until the day I decided to move on.

Cons

Some leadership stumbles in the past that seem to have been ironed out now

"Unstable Future"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very motivated and young sales team - just what you need for 100% outbound efforts. Little support for the sales process after initial contact with a prospect, which can mean ultimate freedom if you like to run your own show. Impressive customer list which can help you prospect and add leverage.

Cons

Young management team. Very few front line managers at ClearSlide have any experience working at another company, so "group think" in the ClearSlide bubble is definitely a concern. Also comp plans are changing constantly, which is probably OK if you are under 25 but otherwise it can be difficult to plan long term.

Advice to Management

Work more on coaching your people and be as honest as possible about upcoming changes. The biggest reason you lose people is because they fear instability or even variable pay changes.

"Growing Pains"

Former Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture was great.
    Team Spirit
    100% approval of CEO
    You'll learn a ton
    Product is still the best on the market

Cons

Better marketing strategies. It'll be very hard to reach > 50% reps at goal if your reps are 100% outbound.

Advice to Management

Increase brand awareness in new markets to give all reps a fair shot at goal

"My experience selling at ClearSlide"

Former Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide (More than a year)

Pros

Your sales skills will get better because you typically have to break-in with either the CEO or VP of Sales and they will most likely delegate you to Marketing and/or Sales Ops for an evaluation. If you make it past Marketing and Sales Ops then you'll get the pleasure of convincing a sales team why they should use the platform. Most deals will pass through IT, Procurement, and Legal before final sign off. There's not many other sales jobs that give you that kind of exposure to so many departments. This was one of the best parts of the job in my opinion because I was exposed to every aspect of the deal.

The SF office has great views and the kitchen is stocked with yummy treats.

Cons

This is a late stage startup that has passed through it's hyper growth phase and is reducing headcount. The board recently ousted the CEO and Co-Founder and has put in place management that does not have a proven track record of success in this space and is struggling to find it's footing.

The platform is nearly a decade old and the technology is somewhat dated. ClearSlide is primarily used to display PowerPoint slides and screen share your desktop and to send and track files via email. Most companies are demo'ing their software platform and/or selling directly off of their website. It seems like co-browsing technology will rule this space due to the fact it simply downloads data from a single server instead of playing the upload/download game that causes latency.

The market is very competitive and each solution that ClearSlide is offering is dominated by an industry leader. The competitive nature of the marketplace combined with ClearSlide asking for a premium price makes this platform very difficult to sell.

Advice to Management

Throwing Champagne parties after firing 20% of your employees and the two Co-Founders of the company probably isn't the classiest or right thing to do. The platform should have been designed to be nimble enough to keep up with the demands of the marketplace. A la carte offering should have been a no brainer to capture cost conscious customers. Marketing and scaling and then scaling back when needed should have been well thought out ahead of time to avoid creating a toxic environment that was created over the last six months with all of the firing. And lastly, firing people for production when no one on the sales floor is hitting their numbers is ridiculous. Just announce layoffs and let people walk out the door with dignity.

"Not ideal"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team mates, great snacks, full benefits

Cons

impossible quotas, no tools, no support from management, no clear sales process

Advice to Management

listen to your employees

"Great farm team"

Former Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to sell to sales leaders and get insights into how every company sells. Great experience for the next job- it is the best AAA team in San Francisco. Complete a year at ClearSlide you can go anywhere. Consider ClearSlide your fifth year of undergrad- learn as much as you can and make the jump after 12 months.

Cons

The ground is scorched. Find a good account to work and you'll see that ten other reps have previously burnered the account down.

Advice to Management

Integrate with more CRM's. Try managing your employees based on the analytics the platform provides. You sell the idea of engagement but don't actually use it. Provide more training on how to prospect, contact strategies and sell into specific verts.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well, there are not many. it is near the MUNI and Bart stop. The office has a great view of the bay.

Cons

This company is run by children. Middle management is clueless. Unlimited PTO means, you don't get PTO. There is no collaboration, no development, and certainly no leadership. I hate every moment that I am here.

Advice to Management

Why waste my time. They will not listen

"Corporate Account Executive"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome office location
    - Amazing coworkers
    - Good health care package

Cons

- Work/life balance. It's a joke.

- Unlimited PTO. Another joke, at least for the sales team. Asking for time off results in guilt trips and expectations of still working and being available while out of the office. God help you if you're sick.

- Helicopter management. If you want responsible and dedicated employees, be willing to treat them the same way you expect to be treated.

- Culture of fear. I have never been in an environment where people are terrified for their jobs and say so with regularity.

Advice to Management

Pretty much just throwing my hands up and the towel in at this point.