ClearSlide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Dustin Grosse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The people and team I work with are intelligent, hard-working, driven individuals (in 15 reviews)

• Excellent work life balance- Like I said before, I was never asked to work 10 hours a day (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The sales team is starting to see their reps with actual experience leave for other companies now that they're figuring out they're all way underpaid (in 7 reviews)

• Definitely not for the faint of heart (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company with Great Momentum"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ClearSlide ION - awesome new release
    Cool career experiences - great exposure and collaboration with various departments
    Company at the top of new, growing Market category
    Amazing people who work hard and have fun

Cons

Rapid pace with changes that don't work for everyone
    Empowered to drive projects but could use more coaching sometimes from managers (who are also busy)

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

"This is a perfect company for you if you are not super ambitious."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the past 2 and half years, things are moving toward good directions. I see great chances here for company goals, product, and code base.
    Managers are transparent, they listen to your thoughts and ideas.
    Work/Life Balance is great if you are smart and experienced.
    Salary may get raised twice per year after the sales team did a great job.

Cons

There is only free lunch by the end of the month.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Software engineer"

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time

Pros

Like the team, people are smart and nice to work with

Cons

No food onsite, need to purchase your own

4. "Clearslide"

I worked at ClearSlide full-time

Pros

Great people and fun atmosphere

Cons

Management is MIA and no clear company direction

"Strong Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I've experienced open communication, positive and direct management, hearty quarterly stipend for exercise-related stuff, and regular charity activities (volunteering options, active events/bar events with proceeds going towards local charities)! Company seems invested in it's employees, but not in a micromanaged sense. Unlike some startups, people are not scared to step away and take a breathe when they need it. The fact that there are both unhealthy and healthy snacks blows my mind! The people here are mostly extroverts, which is definitely a fit for me personally!

Cons

As with any workplace, departments are grouped together, which results in departments not seeing as much of one another.

Advice to Management

Continue with standups and sharing updates/changes/modernizations with all locations!

"Very friendly peers, lots of learning, coaching from exec leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I spent about 3 years at ClearSlide, and have just left for another opportunity. The decision to leave wasn’t easy:

At ClearSlide,
    - I made some of the strongest friendships in my career.
    - I also got to dive into a diverse set of problems (ranging from business to technical). This gave me a lot to learn, and significantly broadened my skills.
    - My day to day job was generally fun. This was because I earned trust of the exec team, who then gave me sufficient freedom to execute (earning trust was a process, and didn’t magically happen overnight).

After about 3 years, I decided to leave ClearSlide. The timing was right for me to get out of my comfort zone, dive into a different industry, make new friends, and grow.

Cons

During the last 3 years, I saw a number of ups and downs, I faced several challenges - some were self inflicted and others due to external factors, some were handled very well by the exec team, while others weren’t handled well. But such is life. I learned to persevere, be tenacious, and demonstrate creativity.

ClearSlide is a *startup*, don’t join if you don’t have the stomach for it.

Advice to Management

Keep a high bar when hiring. Do whatever it takes to attract and retain your best talent.

"Account Executive"

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ClearSlide is a tremendous company. The platform is great, the strategy is strong, and the future is bright. Leadership cares about you personally and professionally. Your best interest is kept in mind at all times.

Alignment between different departments is strong. This was not always the case. True team and family enviornment!

Plan is much more attainable now than 3 years ago due to the different ways to retire quota we did not once have.

Cons

The millennials writing the poor reviews. These are ridiculous and not an accurate representation of the company. Don't let people like this in the building; it's toxic and will slow down the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people, create a culture of competition and hire people who are ready to sprint the entire length of a marathon. Upon my exit, I was excited about the vision in place and hope to see the team continue to solidify its place as the leader in the sales engagement space.

"You will not find a truer review on Clearslide"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the most part a good, smart group of people throughout different teams. Surely, a hard working crew. The views and location are stellar, no doubt about it. Kitchen and snacks are fine, but not uncommon for the startup world.
    The product is improving on a monthly cadence (long overdue). Not great at anything in particular, but decent all around. Beginning to open up more about targets and numbers, which for some reason was kept under wraps for years. Profitable company.

Cons

VERY tough to meet your sales quota unless you're an SMB rep. In which case your in-bound lead flow is only matched by the singles pouring down at Cheetah's in Vegas during NBA All-Star weekend. Almost by default this team will always make quota.

Sales development has been taken apart and lead generation doesn't exist, good luck on ye' mate!
    AE's will 100% outbound and get nothing from Demand Generation/Marketing. Again, unless you're SMB sales, which would not exist if E-Commerce were in play.

Expect work to be HARD and be your own demand gen. engine if you're thinking about joining. "Rock star" sales reps come to clearslide thinking they'll do great because they've done great in past sales jobs, then the wake up call happens. They're usually gone within a few months.

Most of the reps are checked out looking for a more positive culture, guidance and some help, any help, with lead generation and more than 0 SDR's. Favoritism is prevalent and it's obvious to everyone.

Comp plans & pay outs have been misleading and demoralizing as of late. They tell you it'll be better in the long run. *holding breath*

If you're looking for training and career development for sales and services, don't look here. No investment is made for that. Unless you count the inept, hard to work with and inexperienced "sales enablement" which no one does. 'Churn and burn baby' is the mantra for sales here. If you come to clearslide with more expectation than you've read here, come back to this review after 90 days and don't say it wasn't a warning.

Sales at Clearslide is not for the faint of heart. Period.

Advice to Management

If you build it, they will come. Focus on the product and people. Do a better job of instilling confidence in your customer facing teams. Build and invest around the good ones, let go of the bad ones. Kick around the idea of having a Town-Hall meeting and let people be honest about the state of affairs and how it affects there work.

ClearSlide Response

Mar 7, 2017

I was disheartened to read this review. It doesn’t reflect my view of the state of ClearSlide, nor the facts we’ve shared internally with the team. Working at a mid-stage start up like ours is... More

"Dysfunctional company culture from the top down"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great office location with million dollar view in downtown San Francisco
    - Strong product training

Cons

- Toxic employee/managerial relationships with no system of checks and balances.
    - Leadership fails to address in-office "bullying" to the extent that Head of HR qualified managerial mistreatment as "abuse" and then did nothing to stop it
    - Teams work in silos with a lot of animosity, gossip, and crap-talking across departments like everyone is in High School
    - Subpar product that might have been innovative when the first launched but now their core functionalities are simply considered standard features in far superior products
    - Very little consideration for the customer experience; this company has little regard for disciplines like Customer Success and creating an exceptional customer journey; some of their Account Manager have little training in driving value with product all resulting in massive churns
    - they sail on crony-style sales practices to close deals

ClearSlide Response

Mar 7, 2017

I was very disappointed to read this post. It doesn’t reflect the culture of ClearSlide that I know and help lead. To all of our employees, let me be very clear: we do not tolerate any form of... More

""Most people don't run far enough on their first wind to find out if they've got a second." - William James"

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Clearslide for 2 1/2 years full-time and I took the job because I read one of these reviews. The review said "If you're looking for a place that is going to be hard work and rewarding at the same time .... join." It is still true to this day. Just like any job or career that is worth having you go through challenges. ClearSlide has gone through a lot of those but for the better. This is a place that no matter what department you work in you're part of something and what you do day in and day out gets everyone one step closer to making this company a great success. If you're looking to work at a place where you're going to be tested, have to work hard, and push yourself until you catch your second wind then this is the place for you. If you want to just clock in and clock out you should look for a bigger company.

Cons

There are constant changes that aren't always handle the best way. The senior management team has learned this and seems to be starting to change the way these changes are communicated.

Advice to Management

All changes are hard make sure to continue to be transparent as to why changes are happening and how they get us all closer to achieving the goals of the organization.